Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Pink Floyd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭satguy

Pink Floyd,, the only band that can sell more albums than Led Zeppelin..

If LZ 4 was a 40M seller,, just look at PF, and what WYWH,, DSOTM,, TW,,, are doing on vinyl at this time, this Day.
    Some say,, 20 million a year on vinyl,, per year, as per their back catalogue, in these days.

There is no way LZ are doing 20M a year on their back catalogue,, and that is why PF will pull ahead in sales numbers as time goes by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

satguy wrote: »
    Pink Floyd,, the only band that can sell more albums than Led Zeppelin..

If LZ 4 was a 40M seller,, just look at PF, and what WYWH,, DSOTM,, TW,,, are doing on vinyl at this time, this Day.
    Some say,, 20 million a year on vinyl,, per year, as per their back catalogue, in these days.

There is no way LZ are doing 20M a year on their back catalogue,, and that is why PF will pull ahead in sales numbers as time goes by.

Have you a link to those figures. I think only 18m vinyl in total were sold last year.
    I'd be very surprised those 3 albums are doing 20m a year per year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Agree. He did say He cannot wait to get back on the road again especially after basically sitting on His butt for the past 20 years.

He only cancelled the Irish one, the UK ones were rescheduled

I can set recruiting searches on the app for my Linux satellite box and it just notified me of an upcoming Pink Floyd night next sat the 26th September on Sky Arts

526887.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Thanks for that. So next Saturday night is a Pink Floyd night on Sky Arts. Just a pity their broadcast of P.U..L..S..E. is only 75 minutes long, meaning the Gig will be edited, which does that Gig no justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Sky Arts to show Roger Waters “Us + Them” from 9pm on Saturday 26th September.

poundhound wrote: »
    Sky Arts to show Roger Waters “Us + Them” from 9pm on Saturday 26th September.

Ah, I was thinking I was missing something didn't check to see. It's very good, I saw it in the cinema and have it downloaded

6 plus hours of Pink Floyd & Roger started.......BLISS

6 plus hours of Pink Floyd & Roger started.......BLISS

Damn it, my IPTV is glitching and it's got adverts. I have local copies of all anyway.

Damn it, my IPTV is glitching and it's got adverts. I have local copies of all anyway.

Being honest ( am only speaking about P.U.L.S.E ) sky are ruining the Gig. Ads etc and squeezing a 2 hour plus gig into 75 minutes ain’the best way to show the Gig.

• Advertisement

The newly restored and remastered version of Delicate Sound of Thunder is on Sky Arts this Saturday 21st November.
    It is followed by Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets "Live at the Roundhouse".

poundhound wrote: »
    The newly restored and remastered version of Delicate Sound of Thunder is on Sky Arts this Saturday 21st November.
    It is followed by Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets "Live at the Roundhouse".

Really enjoyed the 4 hours plus of masterful performances. Hope someday I know comes back and plays Saucerful of Secrets Gig.

Thanks PH for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

That Saucerful of Secrets was, well, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Had to share this...

548258.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Anyone listening to the Rockonteurs Podcast by Guy Pratt and Gary Kemp? Probably mentioned here before, but It's absolutely brilliant! Nick Mason kicked off the series. Weekly podcasts with some very cool guests from Hank Marvin to Gary Numan etc. Well worth a listen/search

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Ohh sounds interesting. Available on Youtube I assume? That'll do me this afternoon during work

With all the lack of choices to go out and party, tonight there.is five hours of Pink
    Floyd/Roger Waters on Sky Arts channel # 122

In case anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Roger has re-arranged his "This is not a drill" tour in the US starting in July next year, the man is incredible.

No matter how many times you watch Pulse it's still freakin' awesome..

K.Flyer wrote: »
    No matter how many times you watch Pulse it's still freakin' awesome..

Totally agree. One of the best gigs I ever seen and heard. The lighting for ‘one of these days’ is something special.

• Advertisement

Not sure if there are any P.F. vinyl collectors among you.
    An eba y auction for an absolutey Mint condition 1st issue Dark Side of the Moon, complete with original posters and stickers etc ended yesterday at an eye watering £3,600.00 (approx 4,200.00 euro).
    And no, I wasn't the buyer or seller.
    But don't get too excited about your own Dark Side album valuations, it's a particularly rare specimen that reaches this price point..

552164.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133737433634#vi__app-cvip-panel

Wish I had been one of the bidders, but alas, out of my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Listened to the knebworth 90 gig on Spotify and turned it off.
    Worst version of great gig in the sky I've ever heard, slap bass interlude during money and dirge like sorrow.
    Floyd lite.

Lately Sky Arts ( which IMHO is a great channel ) has broadcasted P.U.L.S.E. in 1 hour 20 minutes. Totally destroys the gig, which in my book, is a superb gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Bought the Knebworth cd pretty underwhelming really .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Thought this might be interesting to some people here.

Mash-up of Beastie Boys and Pink Floyd

Roger Waters "The Wall" available to view on Netflix...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Roger being Roger again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: but definitely looking forward to the 5.1 blu ray version of Animals which is my own favourite Floyd album. Have the other immersion sets and they are superb except The Wall which is lacking a blu ray version.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-waters-animals-liner-notes/

Just heard On Nova Nick is performing at the Convention Centre next April 13th 2022

Yippeeee

• Advertisement

Tickets now in the bag for Dublin and the Royal Albert Hall, London.

Advertisement