Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 Welsh Open

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Around 6-5, I thought he'd f*cked it. Great composure to come back and finish that.

Just a pity he couldn't have done it in front of a live crowd. Must be weird with the piped in sounds and all.

If there was a live crowd, he might not have done it.
    Easier to keep a lid on the nerves when there’s only a few people in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Lowest ranked ranking title winner since Dave Harold who won thailand masters in 1993 ranked 93. Ronnie blew bit hot and cold overall but still amazing performance to win it and overall well deserved. Great bottle, fantastic to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

Lowest ranked ranking title winner since Dave Harold who won thailand masters in 1993 ranked 93. Ronnie blew bit hot and cold overall but still amazing performance to win it and overall well deserved. Great bottle, fantastic to see that.

It'll be interesting to see how he performs from here. Will he sink back to mediocrity or will this give him a new level?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Panrich wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how he performs from here. Will he sink back to mediocrity or will this give him a new level?

Have to think he'll be able to push on. Actually thought ronnie got a lot of run today but brown never let it faze him. Beat maguire and selby, won 6 of his 7 matches in deciders, including selby and ronnie. You never know of course, maybe things just clicked for this one week, but has bottle and a safety game, so i think he could easily be top 16 anyway in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

BQQ wrote: »
    If there was a live crowd, he might not have done it.
    Easier to keep a lid on the nerves when there’s only a few people in the room

I'm not sure. I think the silence can add to the tension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Rothko wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I think the silence can add to the tension.

And it can absolutely help when a crowd gets behind you (as underdog vs O'Sullivan would be debatable but definitely possible).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Did he go to the final frame in every match?

No, he won his round of 128 match against Luo Honghao 4-0 and his semifinal against Stephen Maguire 6-1. All other matches went to a deciding frame.

Advertisement