Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy Oculus Quest 2 Headset

• 05-02-2021 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

So I tried yesterday to buy from Oculus website, but they put payment on hold even though I authorized my credit card. It's still on hold. No luck with support as of yet...they suggested using different payment - I tried paypal but it won't update/take the payment info, so ready just to cancel the order and try elsewhere.

Currys - if I buy from them I'm worried I'll get hit with custom charges. Or is this sorted now?

Where did you all get yours?

Comments

So I tried yesterday to buy from Oculus website, but they put payment on hold even though I authorized my credit card. It's still on hold. No luck with support as of yet...they suggested using different payment - I tried paypal but it won't update/take the payment info, so ready just to cancel the order and try elsewhere.

Currys - if I buy from them I'm worried I'll get hit with custom charges. Or is this sorted now?

Where did you all get yours?

I had problems with oculus website and amazon.co.uk as well, 1 week and it still hadn't been dispatched so I just cancelled.

Just picked one up today from argos. Ots so noce just to walk into a shop and get your items there and then.

Its on amazon.fr as well, 1 week delivery for €360

Currys ship their online stock from UK. I bought a cable from currys.ie recebtly specifically so I wouldn't have to go through brexit bullsit only to find out it was being shipped from the UK anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I had problems with oculus website and amazon.co.uk as well, 1 week and it still hadn't been dispatched so I just cancelled.

Just picked one up today from argos. Ots so noce just to walk into a shop and get your items there and then.

Its on amazon.fr as well, 1 week delivery for €360

Currys ship their online stock from UK. I bought a cable from currys.ie recebtly specifically so I wouldn't have to go through brexit bullsit only to find out it was being shipped from the UK anyway!

Thanks for that info Mr Grumble. I didn't think Argos was doing click and collect, but I checked and they will have one for collection next Friday! I guess it's electrical??
    Now Oculus still has my order on hold and it won't let me cancel it, so I've issued another support ticket with them.
    I would advise anyone not to buy from their site, it's awful! I hope they cancel my order.

Whats the cable I need Mr Grumble? This is a present for my daughter.

Thanks for that info Mr Grumble. I didn't think Argos was doing click and collect, but I checked and they will have one for collection next Friday! I guess it's electrical??
    Now Oculus still has my order on hold and it won't let me cancel it, so I've issued another support ticket with them.
    I would advise anyone not to buy from their site, it's awful! I hope they cancel my order.

Whats the cable I need Mr Grumble? This is a present for my daughter.
    The cable i was talking about was for something else. Oculus comes with charger and cable in the box, nothing extra needed.

Enjoy, its a fantastic experience.

Advertisement