Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

New Xbox owner here, what is the story with franchise leagues? When do ye normally start assuming there is enough interest to do one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

coco0981 wrote: »
    New Xbox owner here, what is the story with franchise leagues? When do ye normally start assuming there is enough interest to do one

At the start of every game cycle, usually fitting in 3 full franchises with gameweeks every 5 days

Used to be full 4-5 years ago but now we can't get more than 10 sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not sure if anyone still posts in this forum but I've a quick question for experienced Madden players who play in a league and obviously you guys had a league here previously.

Whats the etiquette with going for two to try to win instead of taking it to extra time? I've done that tonight in my league and the guy who lost has thrown a wobbly at me. The game was streamed and watched by half our league and they're split between whether it was a dick move or a brave but stupid move.

For me, I'd go for two all day long over taking it to OT and losing to the coin toss.

We don't have any written rules covering this situation. Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Guy wouldn't have complained if you lost, would he? I'm not against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

I wouldn't complain either, he had the chance to stop you on the last drive and he didn't, so you would be correct to try it,

Really hope we can get the boards franchise back for Madden 18

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Don't think we had any rule against,usually the rule of thumb is if it would happen in a real NFL game then its fair game.

The only thing I remember us having is we tell our opponent that we're going for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh i wouldnt have a major problem with it even if i wasnt told, i would expect it though.

If your opponent wasnt expecting it.. could he have called a TO?

He had three time outs so yeah. He was properly pissed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Beefy78 wrote: »
    He had three time outs so yeah. He was properly pissed.

ah i wouldnt worry then, 3 TO's he could have called one once he seen the formation. Can understand him not being happy but he had the power to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If you told him you were doing it, then i dont see the problem with it, if you had'nt then i can sort of see his point, as it would be pretty hard to defend it and would no doubt result in it been converted, but as Heli says, if he had TO's he could have taken one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What do you say Giffney

Well i see no problem with it at all, in fact i'd go for it after every TD, along with 4th down's to, win at all costs i say

;)

If you told him you were doing it, then i dont see the problem with it, if you had'nt then i can sort of see his point, as it would be pretty hard to defend it and would no doubt result in it been converted, but as Heli says, if he had TO's he could have taken one.

It wasn't a fake, he knew at the play selection screen what was happening. But neither of us were on mics so I couldn't tell him.

54 mins into the below if anyone wants to re-live my glorious comeback

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139663869

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Well Oakland did it this year so I suppose if the rule is does it happen in real life then he can have no complaints

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anyone doing any fantasy leagues this year?
    Did my work one earlier ,was 8th or 9th went Adams and mixon,in any of my mock drafts before this I didn't take mixon in any lol

Advertisement