Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A new Stargate series on the way I see there is a new series on the way.

• 15-09-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

No idea when it will be based or where or what it will be about. I just think it will be great to have a new Stargate series now that Star Trek and Star Wars are doing well It would be nice to have Stargate back too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

AMKC wrote: »
    No idea when it will be based or where or what it will be about. I just think it will be great to have a new Stargate series now that Star Trek and Star Wars are doing well It would be nice to have Stargate back too.

Agreed, but it sounds like deluise is promising the earth, moon and stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Agreed, but it sounds like deluise is promising the earth, moon and stars.

Hopefully it's done right or a continuation of the originals after a time jump of a decade or so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hopefully it's done right or a continuation of the originals after a time jump of a decade or so

That's what he promised as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭corkie

Amanda Tapping Has Been Approached About A Possible Stargate Return
    Tapping said that Brad Wright has spoken with her about appearing in and directing for his long-gestating project ...
    if it gets a green light.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I wonder did she take it up. Do we know anymore? Any news recently anywhere on what is happening?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Nothing will happen until Amazon's acquisition of MGM is completed. But then, it hopefully will go ahead.

Article suggests that Amanda Tapping would likely be there, as well as Michael Shanks, Ben Browder, and (part time) Richard Dean Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Kevtherev1

The Deal for Amazon to take over MGM has just been closed and approved. Amazon is now the studio that should be lobbied to bring back a new stargate series.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/amazon-mgm-deal-officially-done/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So what would people want from another Stargate series? I never really got into Atlantis. Watched the first couple of seasons but not much after that. I know it had quite a roster change over the years. I liked Stargate Universe. Obviously it was going for a more BSG vibe to various degrees of success: Robert Carlyle great, relationship between senator's daughter and hot marine, not so great). And of course SG1 (Although interest waned after the sort-of reboot).

Are people looking for a continuation of SG1? Return to SG Universe? Atlantis? Do they want a brand new series with no connections to previous series bar central premise? Do people want a reboot? Maybe something more Trek-like: Set 100 years or more in future where the SG project has been public knowledge for a generation and Earth has taken their place in the universe. What about Wormhole X-treme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No thanks on the Wormhole X-Treme that was terrible.

I think the best thing for a new Stargate series would be to set it 20 or so years after SG1 and go with it from there. A whole new team maybe with a Russian and a Chinese on it too. Maybe the Chineses at this stage would have there own Stargate.

Have a whole new enemy this time. Maybe a proper alien race that wants to enslave the whole Galaxy.

But Earth would have new tech and ships too.

Anyway it will probably never happen so just putting ideas out there.

Maybe an alternate Universe Stargate lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

There's a YouTube channel called Sci Trek that puts out some good updates about Stargate and other stuff. One of his vids a little while ago included the details (apparently) of the first 5 minutes of the proposed new pilot.

If real this could be considered as spoilers (I'm not sure where the spoilers tags option is on this updated Boards layout?)

Anyway, story was that the new big bad would be the Annunaki, think they're also ascended as they can just walk through the gate without needing to spin it up first.

Also sounds like the Stargate project is now public in this show.

Saw a different vid on another YT channel that said in the new show, Earth has advanced to the point where they can now make their own stargates (I think the Tollan were able to do this in the show before but not 100% sure on that).

It would be nuts if new baddies were the Annunaki, I remember a lot of the ancient aliens dudes were convinced that they created humans on Earth by modifying the DNA of primates, that sounds like something that would play out quite well in the Stargate universe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement