Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegetable patch

Options
  • 06-05-2019 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I planted some carrots in a large pot and I’m wondering if anyone has any advice re thinning them out. I’ve attached a photo of what they currently look like.

Thanks
    Karen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,842 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Looks a bit early to be thinning those.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Amateurrunner

Thanks for the advice I’m still new at this. Grew some nice peas, cabbage and cauliflower last year but the carrots failed in my actual veggie patch so I’m trying again in a very deep pot full of only compost. I’ll leave them alone for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Amateurrunner

I think I have now left my carrots and too long before thinning them out. The carrots are in the circular pot and in my veggie plot the two rows on the right are turnip which I have also left too long I think. If anyone has any tips re salvaging these let me know. Also in the middle of one of my rows of turnips they haven’t grown and it looks like a large weed. Would anyone be confident that this is a weed? Any tips would be appreciated Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Advertisement