Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Picked up the GC controller adaptor in Argos, 25.99.
    Then II found I had to disconnect the wired ethernet connection and have a crack at wireless, which lo and behold worked, freeing up the rear USB ports for my HDD and the front for the controller adaptor.
    Happy days.

Wireless certainly works, but the one & only time I tried it was an absolute nightmare (system update constantly failing). Between that & needing to turn my firewall off to use the 3DS eStore, Ninty are a pain in terms of connectivity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The wireless seems to be better than the wired connection via USB adapter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't find a USB ethernet adapter. Wireless is so ****ty and slow for updating the wiiU.

I also find you can kiss every fifth or so game of Splatoon goodbye because it randomly degenerates into a lagfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just got some enhancements in for my Amiga 600 - ACA620 accelerator, memory expansion and RTC.

Decided to mod this instead of the A1200 as it only probably only be used for games with WHDload and its a bit smaller on the desktop. Already fitted a dual version kickstart ROM and CF Card so should be a very capable little machine when finished.

20652475176_53545c11f5_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The wireless seems to be better than the wired connection via USB adapter.

Really? I find it the complete opposite! Then again, I find all wireless connections crap compared to wired ones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Really? I find it the complete opposite! Then again, I find all wireless connections crap compared to wired ones

Well, I can't have everything and I don't have enough USB ports!
    I might have to add a powered USB hub somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Just got myself a GP2X F100 (would post pics but still can't).

Came boxed, with boxed official AV cable, PSU, and official hard carrying case.

Booted it up and it has firmware 3.0, have to update to 4.0 for more fun before putting more stuff on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got some head off the postman earlier today :)

NI1Ynx3.jpgOIrebQ9.jpg

hE0xZB7.jpgTda7B4r.jpg

HygSPJH.jpg

I have a plan for it, it's just not fully formed yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Handy for holding your occulus rift alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Nobanjo Girl Fiona came back from the Sligo Fleadh with offerings .
    I haven't played SouldBlade in years, I'll try it this weekend but wonder how it's aged.
    Played a lot of NWN but never gave Hordes of the underdark a go. anyone tried it ?
    11889675_10153564686078276_9070836251578989439_n.jpg?oh=9370d87780a9b8e572549c5304ec53e1&oe=5676C5C7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Watch out for those 'X' games... they'll eat up any free time you have !!

yeah X: Beyond the Frontier and enjoyed it but it took a LOT of time :)
    so did Oblivion ... and the NWN series

I got a new immersion today!
    1kW-1000-Watt-Immersion-Heater-Element.jpg

I know what you're thinking...

It's pretty bad ass alright!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Don't be leaving it on all day now!

immersion-5.gif

new or second hand ?? because that changes EVERYTHING !!

LongZ wrote: »
    new or second hand ?? because that changes EVERYTHING !!

Went mad and bought a new one....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Almost forgot to get my preorder in for this.

ccf8d7c587a64eeca4ccd2997c7295a2_zpstpbmh0qd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

359129.jpg

Also picked up the XBLA compilation that includes Geometry Wars 2, Heroes of Ruin for DS and Borderlands 2 for PS3, a fiver a piece in Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Almost forgot to get my preorder in for this.

ccf8d7c587a64eeca4ccd2997c7295a2_zpstpbmh0qd.jpg
    How much was that in Euro?
    I have to get it, it's the whole reason I'd get a WiiU this soon.
    Meant to look around and check prices but something always distracts me. Was that the best price?

• Advertisement

I think I know what we'll be playing at the Halloween Beers this year!
    Bug Island can go back to the hell from whence it came!

How much was that in Euro?
    I have to get it, it's the whole reason I'd get a WiiU this soon.
    Meant to look around and check prices but something always distracts me. Was that the best price?

At the Moment £50 works out at €70 which is crazy and then add on €4 for parcel motel as game aren't shipping it outside the UK. But game only charge your card when it's ready for delivery so hopefully the exchange rate will improve a bit by then. AFAIK game and the Nintendo UK store are the only ones who have pre orders right now and Nintendo UK is already sold out. I think it's only being released as a limited edition bundle too.

I think I know what we'll be playing at the Halloween Beers this year!
    Bug Island can go back to the hell from whence it came!
    We'll still be playing Blue Stinger or something, we can't play anything good lol
    At the Moment £50 works out at €70 which is crazy and then add on €4 for parcel motel as game aren't shipping it outside the UK. But game only charge your card when it's ready for delivery so hopefully the exchange rate will improve a bit by then. AFAIK game and the Nintendo UK store are the only ones who have pre orders right now and Nintendo UK is already sold out. I think it's only being released as a limited edition bundle too.
    I know, GBP is awful but I dunno if it upsets me as much as the USD not being as good anymore.
    Can I pay up front before it's ready or is it only pay when it's ready?
    Edit: VG+ only let you pay later if you're paying by card, if it's by PP it's immediately, is this the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm in Ireland and had no problem ordering it to Ireland no trouble at all unlike what I had when trying to order Amiibo's.

Noooo!
    Not Blue Stinger!
    Not again!

Noooo!
    Not Blue Stinger!
    Not again!
    179365-dogs.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll probably be bringing Metal Wolf Chaos if you have a modded Xbox. My Xbox is struggling to play the movies and I'm trying to figure out why.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll probably be bringing Metal Wolf Chaos if you have a modded Xbox. My Xbox is struggling to play the movies and I'm trying to figure out why.

I have one of those, and a copy of the game... keyword being "copy" ;)

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I'm in Ireland and had no problem ordering it to Ireland no trouble at all unlike what I had when trying to order Amiibo's.

I went with parcel motel as it said on the product page no international delivery. Just to be on the safe side in case they cancel the order later on!

• Advertisement

Got this in the post today.

59082f9c47e1042c730f159d56b668ef_zps8bgwv6ai.jpg

Supposed to be an ok racer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement