Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-06-2014, 20:33   #196

I don't much care for the Masons, but there is no proof Savile ever was one.
Advertisement
29-06-2014, 20:34   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armelodie View Post

How does this relate to jimmy saville anyway, Answer me that?
It doesn't - it's a complete distraction, unless someone can prove that Savile was ever, at any time, a Freemason.
29-06-2014, 21:44   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armelodie View Post
Jeez, what did your last slave die of anyway? The email addresss is office@freemason.ie .
Stick on yer tinfoil hat and direct your questions to the recruitment section there, you seem to have a lot to ask.
Oh my, how original. You're too funny, must have taken you a while to think of that one.
Anyway...Absolam is a Freemason, why would I need to email anyone?

Quote:
How does this relate to jimmy saville anyway, Answer me that?
The flip side is why else would Jimmy Saville get away for 50 years abusing children? Not an easy question to answer but have a go anyway.
29-06-2014, 21:51   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche959 View Post
It doesn't - it's a complete distraction, unless someone can prove that Savile was ever, at any time, a Freemason.
No, he probably wasn't a mason but can you explain how he managed to evade arrest and conviction for abusing children over a 50 year career?
29-06-2014, 22:27   #200
Frankie Lee

Quote:
I don't much care for the Masons, but there is no proof Savile ever was one.
There was members of a quasi-masonic type group represented at his funeral. This group has not been investigated to the best of my knowledge.

(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-06-2014, 23:18   #201
Torakx

Lets start digging

Opps I just realized that could be taken out of context...
I meant for clues.
Thanks from:
29-06-2014, 23:34   #202

Quote:
But what is only starting to emerge from this horror story is the extent to which the police appeared to have enabled Savile to claim he was untouchable. This week, a retired Leeds policeman has claimed that “there wasn’t a copper in the city who didn’t know Savile was a pervert”.

The ex-Leeds City Police officer, speaking under the alias Paul Leonard, said that in 1965 he had come across Savile’s Rolls-Royce parked in a secluded lay-by near Roundhay Golf Club.

The then DJ and fledgling television presenter reportedly warned: “I’m waiting for midnight when she turns 16… so p--s off if you want to keep your job.” After reporting the incident to a sergeant, Leonard says he was told: “Shut up, son. He’s got friends in high places.”
Quote:
Clearly, Savile relished boasting of his friends in blue, but it is not clear how far that influence extended. In the early Sixties, according to his autobiography, he referred to another brush with the law, when he was approached by police asking him to help trace a missing girl.

“If she comes in, I’ll bring her back tomorrow but I’ll keep her all night first as my reward,” Savile told a female officer who had gone to question him. He went on: “The lady of the law… was dissuaded from bringing charges against me by her colleagues, for it was well known that were I to go I would probably take half the station with me.”
No doubt.

How far did police go to protect Jimmy Savile?
29-06-2014, 23:45   #203
Absolam

Quote:
Originally Posted by enno99 View Post
Ah sure I was talking about the ones you alluded to but you know that right you just go ahead and ignore the bit where I said men and freemasons if it helps
I was already being nice and ignoring the fact that you made a statement as if it were your own then attributed it by means of of a hyperlink at the end; if you're intent on ignoring things like quotation marks, and full stops between sentences, you can hardly chastise me for thinking you don't distinguish between plural and singular, particularly when you used the word 'him' between 'men' and 'freemasons' instead of 'them' (which you've so kindly corrected since).
To your apparent point then; in 'this instance' there has been no evidence presented that there were any Freemasons in his social circles, I merely said it was unlikely that there were none. If you consider their (theoretical) failure to act against Saville an epic failure then you're admitting that Freemasonry does endeavour to make good men better, which is good enough for me. The possibility that if these people existed that Freemasonry failed to make them sufficiently better than everybody else around Saville is sad but hardly damning.
29-06-2014, 23:51   #204

Shocking that some masons on this forum would defend pedophilia among masons like those in North Wales.

Quote:
Keith Gregory suffered two years of mental, physical and sexual abuse at the Bryn Estyn children’s home.

Mr Gregory, now a councillor in Wrexham, said he was regularly driven out of the home by staff to a hotel where he was sexually assaulted. He claimed up to 13 other victims had committed suicide.

Mr Gregory told BBC Radio 5 Live he is convinced the abusers escaped justice through Masonic loyalty.

He said: “Most of them were Freemasons. There were two MPs, senior judges, serving police officers, senior police officers, market traders, business people from Wrexham – but there were people from all over Britain.

“One MP was a Conservative but I’m not sure of the other.”

He added: “Everyone at Bryn Estyn used to cry themselves to sleep every night.”

Prime Minister David Cameron has ordered an investigation.
Jimmy Savile was also a regular visitor to this home.
Shameful but unsurprising masons would trivialize abuse of children.

'Care home paedophiles were masons’
Advertisement
29-06-2014, 23:51   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Lee View Post
There was members of a quasi-masonic type group represented at his funeral. This group has not been investigated to the best of my knowledge.

Interesting. The younger guys in uniform are probably Royal Marines, not sure about the older ones in the suits and ribbons with insignia, their robes do look quasi-masonic right enough.

As regards his military connetions, I quote from a post on politics.ie, although when I checked the link politics.ie poster took the info, it appears to be defunct - cover up job in progress, surprise surprise!

Quote:
Over an extended period Sir Jimmy completed the Commando Training Course at Lympstone, Devon. In 1966 Sir Jimmy and his brother Vince, then a serving officer with the Royal Navy, completed the gruelling 30 mile march over Dartmoor which has to be done in 8 hours. Jimmy and Vince both finished the march and Jimmy was awarded the coveted green beret.
http://www.politics.ie/forum/history...tish-army.html
Thanks from:
30-06-2014, 01:08   #206
Absolam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Weiss View Post
Honestly, I'd like to establish some contacts within the criminal underworld and the Freemasons seems like a reasonably good place to start.
That does seem like a good reason not to have you as a member in fairness...
Quote:
To be serious though, why don't you tell me how to join? I'd really love to know.
But not because you want to join, right? Or you want to join because you want to establish contacts with the criminal underworld? Was that another porkie pie?
I think you want to know how to join because you're looking for something negative to say, but can't even look for it yourself, you'd rather someone gave it to you...
Quote:
Right. Now we've established the criteria, it seems to be an elitist club where Only individuals believed to be of good character are favourably considered for membership. which is very vague but no doubt you can explain it to me.
And there we go. It's elitist because it only accepts individuals of good character. What a damning indictment.
Quote:
Seems if you're unknown to existing members of the club, you can't join, correct?
Where did you get that idea from?
Quote:
Sounds like some Ivy League club for bored rich people, Skull and Bones type thing where to swear allegiance to the lodge, you have to run around a field naked, is that possibly true?
And that one?
I think you're starting to make things up again Harold.....
Quote:
Anyway...Absolam is a Freemason, why would I need to email anyone?
Maybe because not having had any experience of you they might take you seriously for a while? Though I appreciate it might be a little more effort than asking everyone else to do things for you.
Quote:
The flip side is why else would Jimmy Saville get away for 50 years abusing children? Not an easy question to answer but have a go anyway.
That's not actually a flip side. The flip side would be 'How does this not relate to jimmy saville'. But I think I answered your question a while back.. "I've no doubt (and certainly no proof) that Saville had tremendous influence in British society and used that influence to deflect enquiries from his foul activities." That does not require either the involvement of Freemasons or cognitive dissonance on anyone's part.
30-06-2014, 01:16   #207
Absolam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Lee View Post
There was members of a quasi-masonic type group represented at his funeral. This group has not been investigated to the best of my knowledge
Really? That's shocking. What kind of investigation were you thinking of? Only when you posted this exact same thing on the Freemasons thread there were quite a few pages discussing it, where you yourself agreed they were Knights of Saint Columba, an entirely non Masonic organisation. What further 'investigation' do you think was needed? Or did you just 'forget'?

Last edited by Absolam; 30-06-2014 at 01:25.
30-06-2014, 01:38   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolam View Post
Really? That's shocking. What kind of investigation were you thinking of? Only when you posted this exact same thing on the Freemasons thread there were quite a few pages discussing it, where you yourself agreed they were Knights of Saint Columba, an entirely non Masonic organisation. What further 'investigation' do you think was needed? Or did you just 'forget'?
http://www.ksc.org.uk/

Quasi-masonic, no?

Similar obsession with ritual and costumes.

To clarify, for a "lay-person", you'd have to admit some of these Roman Catholic groups' costumes look a bit similar to Freemasons' insignia.
30-06-2014, 01:41   #209
Absolam

Quote:
Shocking that some masons on this forum would defend pedophilia among masons like those in North Wales.
I think that's another fib! I don't think you can quote a Mason on this forum defending pedophilia among Masons. Shocking that someone would resort to lies in order to smear an organisation they claim they want to join.
Quote:
Shameful but unsurprising masons would trivialize abuse of children.
Oh, that sounds like another porkie pie! Can you show us where a Mason has trivialised the abuse of children? I'm getting the impression that you'll bend the truth about anything at all, even the serious subject of child abuse, just so you can make a dig at Freemasons. You seem quite conflicted on this subject Harold?
30-06-2014, 01:52   #210
Absolam

Quote:
Quasi-masonic, no?
Well, no. Quite specifically non Masonic I would say? Since they don't claim any affiliation or attachment to any Masonic bodies, and vice versa.
Quote:
Similar obsession with ritual and costumes.
Are you saying the organisations are obsessive, or the people in the organisations are obsessive? How exactly do you arrive at the conclusion it's an obsession? Would you say the Catholic Church is more or less obsessed than Freemasonry with ritual and costumes? Does that make the Catholic Church quasi-masonic?
Quote:
To clarify, for a "lay-person", you'd have to admit some of these Roman Catholic groups' costumes look a bit similar to Freemasons' insignia.
To a lay person, they also look like Lord Mayors insignia. That doesn't make them (or Freemasons) quasi-Mayoral.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion