Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2012, 17:45   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape View Post
Aldi have hexi stoves /blocks sleeping bags small rucksacks 20l water carriers in on sunday
Typical just stocked up in the UK a couple of days ago

Stove was £2.45 (with fuel) and extra tablets £1.25 for a pack of 24. A relative used to work were I bought them and I know the pricing policy so will be interested to see how much they are in a discount store over here.

btw for the food store I'll be taking a look at these tinned veg currys and getting a few if the use by dates aren't too near.
Advertisement
29-03-2012, 18:16   #47
ShadowFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by baords dyslexic View Post
Typical just stocked up in the UK a couple of days ago

Stove was £2.45 (with fuel) and extra tablets £1.25 for a pack of 24. A relative used to work were I bought them and I know the pricing policy so will be interested to see how much they are in a discount store over here.

btw for the food store I'll be taking a look at these tinned veg currys and getting a few if the use by dates aren't too near.
Stove is €4.49 (the blocks you get with them are known to spit and spark if you store them for long periods Ive used them)
tablets are €1.99
sleeping bags are €8.99
30-03-2012, 09:27   #48
hardCopy

Lidl have their camping stuff on the 5th, no hexi stoves but they do have gas stoves.
30-03-2012, 09:36   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardCopy View Post
Lidl have their camping stuff on the 5th, no hexi stoves but they do have gas stoves.
Avoid the 10-30 x 60mm binonculars, very poor quality and useless at anything above about 15x at 30x they are unusable even with a tripod. If you want cheap bins then wait for the 10 x 50mm's (always well under €20) which are excellent in comparison.

Anyone tried the Night Vision Scope?
30-03-2012, 10:34   #50

Videos for Soild Fuel stoves - Like the one Aldi sell

Anyone who hasn't used a solid fuel stove like the one Aldi will have in might like a look at the video found here (page includes links to most of the makes of stove for comparison) and then you'll probably be looking for a tin mug and don't blame me when you burn your lips .
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-03-2012, 11:06   #51
ShadowFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardCopy View Post
Just looking at the camping items in Lidl going by the pictures thats not a good camping stove as once you connect your gas can it cant be disconnected until empty
Thanks from:
30-03-2012, 11:10   #52
ShadowFox

Quote:
Avoid the 10-30 x 60mm binonculars, very poor quality and useless at anything above about 15x at 30x they are unusable even with a tripod. If you want cheap bins then wait for the 10 x 50mm's (always well under €20) which are excellent in comparison.

Anyone tried the Night Vision Scope?
I got one as a gift a couple of years back they arent bad you can make out things people about 40 feet away but thats about it. Ill dig it out tonight and do another check with it as it hasnt been out of the box in over a year
Thanks from:
30-03-2012, 11:15   #53

Quote:
Just looking at the camping items in Lidl going by the pictures thats not a good camping stove as once you connect your gas can it cant be disconnected until empty
True, but why would you want to disconect it?

btw I have an old gas lamp that takes the same gas canister and its had the same canister in it for the last 5years and its still nearly full.

Its only really if you need to break a stove down into smaller parts for storage in a bob that might become an issue.

The biggest issue I have with any stove is the mess and smell many of them make, the hexy stoves being some of the worst in that respect and gas the cleanest so it has some advantages.
30-03-2012, 11:23   #54
ShadowFox

Quote:
True, but why would you want to disconect it?

btw I have an old gas lamp that takes the same gas canister and its had the same canister in it for the last 5years and its still nearly full.

Its only really if you need to break a stove down into smaller parts for storage in a bob that might become an issue.

The biggest issue I have with any stove is the mess and smell many of them make, the hexy stoves being some of the worst in that respect and gas the cleanest so it has some advantages.
Personally id be using it in a BOB/camping bag and wouldnt want it connected all the time (im a smoker and dont want gas leaking just as i light up) If you want it for home use only once its stored right it should be fine
Advertisement
30-03-2012, 11:25   #55
ShadowFox

Just to add Tesco have the mini folding stove for less than €15 and you can get the gas in 2 sizes in Argos
30-03-2012, 12:15   #56
FrostyJack

One of these is essential to every BOB

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-...ndex_19537.htm
Thanks from:
30-03-2012, 12:17   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyJack View Post

Its BOB not BOG

Love the bit in the description
Quote:
Unfortunately we cannot accept returns for this product
and wtf is a

Quote:
solid hand pump
one thats jammed up and won't work?

Last edited by baords dyslexic; 30-03-2012 at 12:22. Reason: quotes
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2012, 12:31   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyJack View Post

You should put a deposit on one straight away
30-03-2012, 23:42   #59
Doc Ruby

Quote:
Aldi have hexi stoves /blocks sleeping bags small rucksacks 20l water carriers in on sunday
Yup, Sunday's going to be an expensive day for me, even at those prices, two of everything plus drybags.
Thanks from:
31-03-2012, 01:31   #60
kieranfitz

Heinnies clearance page, always worth a look.

http://www.heinnie.com/Clearance/c-showall-102/
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion