Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

• 28-08-2011 5:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mtCta.jpg

Cyxj9.jpg
    Actually you may need to use a curved suface to keep a constant radius from the lens.

Must find that picutre of using a PostIt to capture dust when drilling a hole in a wall :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

ddf0c6a9-81d3-45e6-93c9-40db518cbe85.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Iroquois

I'll go raid 4chan.org and see if I can find any more pictures

Cool pcs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Be cool if there were more of these

runG9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

This looks pretty cool.

cable-lifehack.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

n6mV7.jpg
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

^^^

I should do that. My glasses have been missing the hinge screw for about a year. I stuck a toothpick through and broke it off and then sellotaped it. It's been remarkably durable and it's fully functioning.

L4j4n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

2527883.jpg

A personal favourate of mine. Any it nearly always works:
    elevator-buttons.jpg
    If you're in a lift and don't want to stop to let people on, hold the door close button and the floor you wan't to go to button at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

2527883.jpg

ummmm you are forgetting something..

what happens when it pops?

danniemcq wrote: »

Didn't think of that! I've done it a few times and never been caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Didn't think of that! I've done it a few times and never been caught out.

ah my toaster has quite a kick so not really practical for me but i can see how it could work

leave it as close to edge as possible i guess

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

danniemcq wrote: »

turn-toaster-sideways-get-grilled-cheese.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

OK I tried that toast thing

so long as you're not a muppet and dont place the toaster on the edge of the worktop the problem in the above picture is avoidable, I placed a dinnerplate beside the toaster to catch the finished product, very useful, also I would recomend using grated cheese instead of sliced cheese, the sliced can take too long to melt and either you have unmelted cheese or burnt toast.

but yeah worked brilliantly, that said tho the springs on my toaster are not excessivley strong so it may be nescessary to move the catcher plate further back if you have a more energetic spring

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

throw on some fresh onion, garlic granuals and lea and perrins and you're sorted

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

A personal favourate of mine. Any it nearly always works:
    elevator-buttons.jpg
    If you're in a lift and don't want to stop to let people on, hold the door close button and the floor you wan't to go to button at the same time.

Really that works, must find a lift to try that one, hmm when's college back

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheCrey

That think with the toaster... easy but brilliant :)

Will try that. Just a plate near the toaster and dinner is served... nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

TheCrey wrote: »
    That think with the toaster... easy but brilliant :)

Will try that. Just a plate near the toaster and dinner is served... nice.

Any issues with the cheese melting and sticking to the inside of the toaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Any issues with the underside of the toast burning due to being closer than usual to the thermal element or does the cheese get melted before that can happen ?

• Advertisement

uM3CE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

Haha she would be doin well to cycle in dem clogs

L3qsx.png

NYXIw.jpg

baj4d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

255388_382114685176037_1025393608_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

clever-16.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-11895-1343069695-5.jpgenhanced-buzz-15418-1343150336-6.jpgenhanced-buzz-13445-1343151471-2.jpg

cyJBk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

cyJBk.jpg

What the hell is that?!

• Advertisement

Reoil wrote: »
    What the hell is that?!
    Looks like olive oil and using the pith of an orange as a wick.

Advertisement