Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Train commute: Donabate to city centre

• 23-05-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I might have the possibility of changing jobs which would involved commuting by train from donabate (or lusk possibly) to the city centre. Haven't been on these trains in years so wondering what is the commute like these days?

I'd be thinking of getting the 8.14 from Donabate. Are these trains packed? and do they usually arrive on time in the city centre?

Or should I banish all thoughts of working in the city centre and keep my 20 min driving commute in the suburbs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Usually full before it gets to Donabate. Approx 30 mins travelling time to Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Well, before you change jobs, I'd recommend trying the commute one morning so you'll get a good idea what's it like.
    Irish Rail are not known for their punctuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Its fine I get that train almost every day.

You will never ever get a seat, but you will get on (two days I didnt)

30 minutes is a fair approximation of the time - they are always late by a few minutes

Advertisement