Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apartments in Sandyford Hall / Bracken Hill

Options
  • 15-05-2019 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We're looking to buy a property in Dublin / ideally close to Sandyford. Now, since the house prices are off the roof, the apartments seem more affordable. The apartments in Sandyford Hall, Bracken Hill seems ok - looks like they aren't the best, but definitely not the worst. However I'm super weary of of making a decision because of all the fire-safety related problems that surfaced in Dublin.

I was hoping to get some inside-information here, are there any apt-owners, or tenants who are living in the apt-blocks over there? Any significant problems? Are they falling apart like the beacon, where the construction companies are bankrupt etc..? (Ex: ) Can you change the windows to make the insulation more efficient? Any pipe related problems? Basically all good / bad sides and all kinds of feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I live in Ticknock Hill, apartments are built to a high standard. Friends bought in the neighbouring development and they are happy with their apartment. They upgraded the boiler but no issues I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marise

Hi,

I also live in Ticknock Hill renting and currently looking for propety to buy.
    All of these estates are very close to M50, I overlook itfrom my bedroom. From what I’ve noticed the seems to be bit better in some apartment blocks and worse in other depending how close they are. Public transpot is problematic only one bus once an hour to Blackrock, I am currently resorting to walk to Balally/Glencairn Luas which is roughly 40mins walk. To get to the estste by foot you have to cross an old council estate, it seems fine, only if it is sothing that would bother you. The apartments in in Bracken Hil/Sandyford View look quite shabby from the outside and there had recently been an article on structural defects in this estate. If you are looking to buy in this area I’d go for Ticknock Hill for sure, but consider whether M50 noise would bother you.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I think prices are certainly stopped rising in South Dublin and if you check around you will see apartments are taking longer to sell. I would say that there are better options nearer Dundrum. Ticknock is poorly served by transport and services. Check Dundrum out and you might just get an owner who is under pressure to sell and is prepared to take a lower offer

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

The biggest issue with Ticknock is lack of any reasonable public transport beyond 1 bus per hour. Also no access to supermarkets shops etc. Realistically you need to be a car owner. Aside from that the apartments are splendid, well kept and not too many AJH`s there

Advertisement