Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It's the perfect rain for the end of a dry spell, though. Light on and off so that the ground can slowly absorb it. Great for the windscreen too! Not looking through squashed bugs anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭alentejo

Heaviest rain in months. Terenure. Didn't look too bad on ME radar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Pouring down in D12

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain here at Dunshaughlin, almost an hour of continuous moderate to heavy rain at this stage and the gutters are overflowing. At a guess several mm of rain has fallen within the last hour with plenty more showers to follow this evening and into tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭alentejo

alentejo wrote: »
    Heaviest rain in months. Terenure. Didn't look too bad on ME radar

Now back garden is flooded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    pouring rain here at Dunshaughlin, almost an hour of continuous moderate to heavy rain at this stage and the gutters are overflowing. At a guess several mm of rain has fallen within the last hour with plenty more showers to follow this evening and into tonight.

No rain here in Rathkenny, showers have missed us but seem to intensify heading your direction looking at the radar, the home place is 10km away and its lashing there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cold showery evening across the country with mount dillon reporting a miserable 9 degrees at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Kutebride

How are we missing those showers all around us. Some colours of clouds all around us. Meath. I will surely jinx it as I step outside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Seriously good rain here in D12. The garden is loving it. Doc you got a total from it ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Seriously good rain here in D12. The garden is loving it. Doc you got a total from it ?

Not too much here. Just 1,0mm and it has stopped now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not too much here. Just 1,0mm and it has stopped now.

That all you got. Both my ponds are up an inch and the river poddle is raging now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain finally stopping here now, I'd be happy if that was going to be it for another month but sadly there is lots more rain on the way over the next 4 to 5 days at least. The rain we just had is more than enough to turn all the grass here back green and the gardens are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I luv rain

For one evening, then I hate rain :)

I shouldnt have posted, haha, rain incoming from my NE, looks heavy on the radar

I luv rain

After an hour of rain I've had enough of it already! Seeing rain fall get's old very quickly in this country! We need to get that Azores high going again as soon as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I luv rain

It's an enduring love for me. I love it and hope it lasts. My mood is lifted this evening. I need to move to Mayo. Dublin doesn't get half enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭esposito

I luv rain

For me the rain is more bearable if it’s warm and humid. I cannot stand when it is cool, wet and breezy during the summer (which is usually what we get)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Kutebride wrote: »
    How are we missing those showers all around us. Some colours of clouds all around us. Meath. I will surely jinx it as I step outside :)

I was experiencing the same thing up until a half an hour ago. I was in a dryspot, whereas 10 miles to the east and west of me there was continous showers/shower train for most of the day.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like there could be a fair splash of rain for the north east/east from the Irish Sea in the next couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just had a heavy shower in cork city, first of the day. Been one or two very light showers that didn't last long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lovely calm June evening in north Donegal.

Not a breeze, very mild. Great night for a cycle.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks like there could be a fair splash of rain for the north east/east from the Irish Sea in the next couple of hours.

yep looks like it's going to pivot around and affect much of Leinster tonight, could be several more mm of rain in many places before the night is over. Plenty more showers for tomorrow too.

After avoiding all the showers today, we've had 3.3mm since 8pm here in meath

a real dirty evening here in Meath, rain not as heavy as earlier but steady moderate muck and cold. Fire lit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

a real dirty evening here in Meath, rain not as heavy as earlier but steady moderate muck and cold. Fire lit again.

Had that here all day
    Bright evening though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

We got a decent rain shower this morning in D5 but nothing in the afternoon. Mad how localised the rainfall is. Seeing footage on the news of heavy rain in Dublin City centre, how did we miss that??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We got a decent rain shower this morning in D5 but nothing in the afternoon. Mad how localised the rainfall is. Seeing footage on the news of heavy rain in Dublin City centre, how did we miss that??

That's the way when at the center of low pressure as we were today especially this time of year. Variable practically calm winds means almost static inland convective pulses developing and not going anywhere in a hurry. Can lead to flash flooding.

Becoming more mobile now though as the center drifts south and rain comes on shore for the the first part of the night.

Ireland one of the coldest places in Europe this evening, only the Alps and northern tip of Scandinavia is colder. Even Iceland is warmer than us today.

temp_eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

...We need to get that Azores high going again as soon as possible!

I wrote it a strongly-worded letter and I'm awaiting a response. :pac:

Meanwhile in this part of Laois, we've avoided showers today following a persistent spell of rain this morning that gave around 1mm to 1.5mm.

• Advertisement

Danno wrote: »
    I wrote it a strongly-worded letter and I'm awaiting a response. :pac:

Meanwhile in this part of Laois, we've avoided showers today following a persistent spell of rain this morning that gave around 1mm to 1.5mm.

I think we're going to be waiting a while.

The GFS attempt at extending a warm and settled ridge over us next week is now in the bin with the Atlantic completely taking over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement