Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie downtime (Wednesday 23rd September)

• 21-09-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We have some technical maintenance to take care of on Wednesday 23 September and so there may be intermittent access to boards during the day.

The tech team tell me that there shouldn't be any prolonged delays, but as anyone who's ever worked in IT will tell you - sometimes it's best to expect the unexpected!

So if it's a thing that the site's out of action on Wednesday, give it five or ten minutes and try it again. We will do our best to keep you updated via our Twitter feed (twitter.com/boards_ie).

Thanks for you time,

Dav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

thanks for the heads up, I'll call in sick to work on Wednesday so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I can imagine the headlines now on the 6:1

"Companies reporting remarkable upsurge in office productivity today"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Aw dude. That totallty sux!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No no no...that's not the way to do things guys.:mad:

You have to schedule your downtime around us, not the other way around :D
    Anytime after 4pm on Wed you're grand to work away..I'm finished work then and can't be surfing boards on my own time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Cheers Dav old stock.

How's life. Not a word from you since you ditched Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭horse7

ta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Dav, you're telling people you're gonna switch off boards and you're getting thanked for it???:eek:

What's the world coming to? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

No problem. I'm sure we can endure the discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

that's game night
    and I'm supposed to be running

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Boards is shutting down on my Birthday :(

Depression session!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shorthairguy

thanks Dav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caolinlin

like this one, thank you!
    clear.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

my todays post is missing ? is this ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

So that was that, as some of you may have noticed, the downtime lasted a lot longer than we'd anticipated. Long story short, there are 2 database servers and when they weren't talking to each other properly, everything went a bit pear shaped and so took a long time to restore from a backup. As I said in the first post, when you're doing this sort of job you have to expect the unexpected!

Thanks for all your patience whilst this was going on folks, early reports suggest that productivity in Ireland shot up 57% by lunch time on Wednesday :)

Dav

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement