Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k

• 24-07-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I received my first Drone this week, through the bargain alert thread. I'm having issues getting a connection between my phone and the drone. I have downloaded the app etc. I have used it twice but each time I have had to delete app and go through the process again and possibly not get a connection. Anyone any ideas, can't find anything in boards or online.. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Hey Morgan,

If its the s8 2020, I found that i had to turn on the drone, then the controller and wait for about 45 seconds before plugging it into the phone for it to connect properly. It should then automatically open the drone app.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Feel free to PM me if you're still having issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Cheers lads. All sorted. Issues with lead and proper start up procedure.. but have it going and loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

tedpan wrote: »
    Feel free to PM me if you're still having issues..
    MorganIRL wrote: »
    Cheers lads. All sorted. Issues with lead and proper start up procedure.. but have it going and loving it.

How you finding the drone?

My first drone and it will be hobby use only.

Looking into for my Christmas present but ill be ordering now.

irishgeo wrote: »
    How you finding the drone?

My first drone and it will be hobby use only.

Looking into for my Christmas present but ill be ordering now.

I find it great. Totally hobby use, I just enjoy bringing it too places I know and seeing stuff I never knew was there even if I grew up in the area. Picture quality is great, and a 2nd battery is a must.. I bought a case off AliExpress for a couple quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

MorganIRL wrote: »
    I find it great. Totally hobby use, I just enjoy bringing it too places I know and seeing stuff I never knew was there even if I grew up in the area. Picture quality is great, and a 2nd battery is a must.. I bought a case off AliExpress for a couple quid.

can you send me the links please?

irishgeo wrote: »
    can you send me the links please?

Links for what? I just searched on AliExpress for the bits and bought drone off banggood when the original offer was highlighted back in April.

Advertisement