Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

5555555555 wrote: »
    Marley Park is an awful venue. 1 hour queue to buy beer at the Stone Roses and impossible to get a taxi unless you leave early.

When you have 35k people trying to leave an area, yeah, it's going to be hard to get a taxi. Luas shuttle buses are 10-15 minutes walk from the gate.

salmocab wrote: »
    You can, the streets nearby are all closed off but if your happy to walk a mile or two then you’d be grand.
    Edit to add the main road right past the entrance is open all day just the local ones closed to non residents. Just in case someone needs dropping off and there is generally parking in the park at the back entrance for gigs although not sure how you get a permit for that.
    No permit needed for car park. It can fill up for some events, but get there early and you should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sly rax

Does anyone know how long the nightrain pre-sale goes on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm not sure what my opinion is, I haven't listened to their full catalogue. They did influence some great bands though for instance Brad Delson of Linkin Park was influenced by them.

hilarious !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Did anyone hear anything from MCD presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

paulie21 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything from MCD presale?

Nothing yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭thebourke

is there golden circle for marlay park?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I said to myself no more concerts after slipknot,tenacious d and green day then sun stroke and gnr come along

Saw them twice on the last (still this tour?) and the first gig was the best performance I have ever witnessed. Even the second time I saw them was still top 5. Jealous. Hopefully another North America tour follows, I am probably being greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Got the presales email a few mins ago. Tickets going on sale at but seem to include mandatory 'nighttrain' membership at €40. Will try again after 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Got the presales email a few mins ago. Tickets going on sale at but seem to include mandatory 'nighttrain' membership at €40. Will try again after 9.

Same here

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/guns-n-roses-dublin-27-06-2020/event/1800578BB4B2A177?did=retomorp

for anyone who wants it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

They fixed it. Got two tickets at normal price (99) +13.30 in fees. Delighted!

I just got two regular standing, 99 each (before fees) and no hassle or nighttrain signup

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Seems pretty simple to bag these gold circle tickets..straight in there at 9 on the dot..but a juicy €333 for 2..think im gonna hold off for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Yeah just got mine now, Ticketmaster froze the first 2 times but handy enough to get them after that. Roll on June

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Thought the golden circle would be gone quick, I got two at half 10 no freezing or delays. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Thought the golden circle would be gone quick, I got two at half 10 no freezing or delays. Happy days

Very doubtful at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

wacotaco wrote: »
    Very doubtful at those prices.

Tickets are probably selling badly, I paid the 40 extra nighttrain to get the golden circle, can still get them now

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

eamonn147 wrote: »
    Tickets are probably selling badly, I paid the 40 extra nighttrain to get the golden circle, can still get them now

Will this gig sell out that's the big question

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

On a Saturday in June? I'd imagine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Thank you VERY much, wife sorted for Christmas.... Now I have to learn a few of the songs !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

PsychoPete wrote: »

I think they go on general release on Wednesday, everything else has been presale.

Glad a presale link was posted here or I would have to queue up early on Wednesday to guarantee Christmas pressie for the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Probably but there'll be loads of tickets gong cheap the week of the gig.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Yeah just got mine now, Ticketmaster froze the first 2 times but handy enough to get them after that. Roll on June

I had the same experience - weird !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Nal wrote: »
    Probably but there'll be loads of tickets gong cheap the week of the gig.

Absolutely. Ticketmaster will probably deem it sold out on Wednesday morning. Then miraculously, tickets start to become available again. Come next April/May/June, people will realise that it clashes with holidays, weddings, footie matches etc. And need to flog their tickets. Always happens with the big gigs (except for U2 - that's the trickiest one that I've come across). Create the hype.
    For Metallica, tickets going for €30 the day before and for free the morning off the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was just having a look at a recent setlist on setlist.com.
    It makes for impressive reading.
    Unless the band f#ck up in a big way, it will be one entertaining evening. Songs like Coma and Estranged - I haven't listened to them for about 5 years.

I was just having a look at a recent setlist on setlist.com.
    It makes for impressive reading.
    Unless the band f#ck up in a big way, it will be one entertaining evening. Songs like Coma and Estranged - I haven't listened to them for about 5 years.

Yup you can see the level of sales that went on the few days before Slane on Toutless

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?t=26742&start=405

A lot of them half price and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

GA standing- €99.50+ Fees
    Gold circle- €159.50+ Fees

Crazy prices

PTH2009 wrote: »
    GA standing- €99.50+ Fees
    Gold circle- €159.50+ Fees

Crazy prices

There will be people on Toutless selling those gold circle tickets for 200 a pair the week of the gig. I got real cheap ones for the Stones in Croker the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Nal wrote: »
    There will be people on Toutless selling those gold circle tickets for 200 a pair the week of the gig. I got real cheap ones for the Stones in Croker the same way.

True

Would love to go to this but wrong time with other things on. Are July/August disqualified from hosting gigs here??

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    True

Would love to go to this but wrong time with other things on. Are July/August disqualified from hosting gigs here??

Festival season.

Advertisement