Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Nearly finished first season managng Chelsea, sitting 6 points clear. 6th round of FA cup coming up, still in Europa League & haven't conceded in 9 games now. Probably my best run in any FM at the minute. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

In my 5th season with United. Would recommend Joao Felix and Everton to purchase.

I bought an 18 year old regen from a German team who is already rated at 4.5 stars. He is German captain and led them to a world cup final which they lost to .....Sweden. Seems like a winter world cup in Qatar does strange things.

The world cup as expected messes up the fixtures. The premier league starts in July and the world cup break begins early November and then the competitive fixtures resume on new years eve. No fifa club world cup for 22/23 season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Unearthly wrote: »
    In my 5th season with United. Would recommend Everton to purchase

I mean Sigurdsson and some of the English youths like Davies and Lookman are decent, but to buy a whole club? Bit far no......

Or maybe you bought that Brazilian winger Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Seems to be a load of wonderkids in the Croatian league

Found one USA regen 18 year old who is miles better Doolberg

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

looks to be more attacking mid left wonderkids than any other position. Could do with some fullbacks.
    Or perhaps my scouts are biased.
    Antonio Marin is a must for AML and the Turkish lad Unger as AMR

• Advertisement

Shaunoc wrote: »
    looks to be more attacking mid left wonderkids than any other position. Could do with some fullbacks.
    Or perhaps my scouts are biased.
    Antonio Marin is a must for AML and the Turkish lad Unger as AMR

I agree with Marin, got him cheap enough for Ajax

Paqueta developed into a first teamer in first season in my save and won player of the year and young player of the year. the more game time the better.
    Celtic had a left back Tierney - bought for big bucks 42/43 million. Turns into a cracker and good captain! not seen him mentioned anywhere else

Signed Tierney for Chelsea, got him for €27m in November of the first season to arrive in January, typical 2 days after transfer is confirmed he's out for 5-6 months so basically out for the season

Bought Eric Dier for 40m since he was transfer listed by Spurs, snapped him up quickly and gave decent wages since a few others were in for him since I wanted a homegrown dm

Turns out the fecker isn't homegrown and didn't realise until I registered him, he actually spent his youth in Portugal, raging even though he's still a decent player :(

Turns out the fecker isn't homegrown and didn't realise until I registered him, he actually spent his youth in Portugal, raging even though he's still a decent player :(

the homegrown is important as the 17 player foreigner rule kicks in.
    kinda makes you bring through one or 2 younger players that I normally wouldn't and pay over the odds for other HGN players. Luckily Arsenal have a few very good younger players (Nelson, Lopez, Smith-Rowe)
    I am saying pennies for Pickford for next transfer window as having 2 foreign keepers is crazy.
    Tottenham have an Irish striker too - Parrot, worth looking at

the homegrown is important as the 17 player foreigner rule kicks in.
    kinda makes you bring through one or 2 younger players that I normally wouldn't and pay over the odds for other HGN players. Luckily Arsenal have a few very good younger players (Nelson, Lopez, Smith-Rowe)
    I am saying pennies for Pickford for next transfer window as having 2 foreign keepers is crazy.
    Tottenham have an Irish striker too - Parrot, worth looking at

Being Chelsea I have sweet fa options, so overpaying is what I done for Dier :pac: Bought back Ake for the same price Bayern took Rudiger for so easy change

5/6 years into a career I usually have 3-6 regens I bought in time to have them homegrown, for me it's only the first couple years that are a balls

Forster was transfer listed for 9m so he's a solid hg backup for me for a few years anyway. Nelson is looking better than Hudson-Odoi so hoping to nab him or Sancho depending on his hg status since I'll be sure to watch out for that now

First season with Chels, 28 games in. Conceded just 1 goal in 10 games, which was In the Europa League. GD of 46 in the premier league, sitting 10 points top of the league.

Just coming up to 24 hours played and loving every minute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Can anyone recommend a good stadium pack?

check whats available on fmscout.com/ for face/logo and other packs. They usually have everything in good order there

check whats available on fmscout.com/ for face/logo and other packs. They usually have everything in good order there

I've already got logos & face packs. Can't seem to find a good stadium one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Match engine is getting slammed, here's a quote from one of what I know as one of the most experienced players:
    I defended the game earlier on and whilst I’m not seeing Tony Pulis football and have found it straightforward to play a nice possession game, I have to a agree the ME is not in a great place right now.

Corners are a mess, I’ve seen some weird penalty streaks including me being awarded 6 penalties is 3 games, this breaks immersion somewhat.

The football played is mediocre, the visuals are so poor by 2018 standards its difficult to defend them even by those of us who argue it’s not about graphics. This is not helped by all round poor performance with even GTX 1080 graphics cards users reporting flickering, the visuals are dull with poor fidelity.

This is not a niche, kickstarter project, it’s a massively well established game, played by millions backed by a large publisher for whom it has generated large profits.

The development cycle seems bizarre with the Match Engine seemingly having to be built from scratch every year. This normally results in a dodgy release then a rush to fill holes in the match engine, a stable February update and then the whole process starts again.

There should be incremental improvements each year, but can anyone honestly say they prefer what we have now to the Match Engines in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018?

If someone had asked me when I was playing FM 2014 what the game would look like 4 or 5 releases down the line, it would be light years away from what we have today.

Whether its complacency, a lack of funding, a lack of ambition at the top, the good guys at SI being hamstrung in some way but this series has stalled if not gone backwards over the last 4 or 5 years.

The game is devoid of personality, star players and star managers just don’t stand out.

There’s no challenge in the game, it’s too easy to become financially powerful, sign top players, improve your team and win.

We’re a loyal bunch and forgive a lot, but I’m afraid this is a watershed release for me, I can no longer delude myself that progress is being made and the series is heading in the right direction.

I’m starting to feel I’m a bit of a mug buying this every year. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mc Love wrote: »
    Match engine is getting slammed, here's a quote from one of what I know as one of the most experienced players:

Some people take it pretty serious dont they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I noticed how poor the match engine was the other day and noticed the flickering.

I turned it to commentary only and turned off replays. Not impressed by it.

Thought last year was better in comparison.

all the goals and VAR decisions seem to be replayed twice

when i am winning everything is great, when i start losing it's the match engine fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Quick question: If I purchase Football manager touch on my phone, can I also login and play the same game on my ipad? My phone is android.

threein99 wrote: »
    Some people take it pretty serious dont they ?

Well when you've been a customer since the first instalment, you'd think they might have evolved the game a bit.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Well when you've been a customer since the first instalment, you'd think they might have evolved the game a bit.

not disagreeing with you - i used to be an annual buyer, but this is my first year in 5 to buy again. I am a lite user, in comparison to my teenage wasted years

but don't they have channels to report bugs and feedback to and how far can it evolve as a football manager simulation.
    isn't there FIFA games for other expectations. anyway after the first game watching in detail has quickly passed for me and i only stick to highlights. I'm trying to minimize wasting years but still want the trophies :D

not disagreeing with you - i used to be an annual buyer, but this is my first year in 5 to buy again. I am a lite user, in comparison to my teenage wasted years

You say that now :D I bought last years after a sizeable break and believe me I got hooked again. Prefer watching the key highlights but not if they arent any good.
    but don't they have channels to report bugs and feedback to and how far can it evolve as a football manager simulation.
    isn't there FIFA games for other expectations. anyway after the first game watching in detail has quickly passed for me and i only stick to highlights. I'm trying to minimize wasting years but still want the trophies :D

Always prefer bringing a team up through the leagues, find it easy when you take over a club like Chelsea, City.

anyway after the first game watching in detail has quickly passed for me and i only stick to highlights. I'm trying to minimize wasting years but still want the trophies :D

Nothing will beat the flashing text commentary of Championship Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Quick question: If I purchase Football manager touch on my phone, can I also login and play the same game on my ipad? My phone is android.

No

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Nothing will beat the flashing text commentary of Championship Manager.
    Tbh this is the first year I've used the match engine, have always stuck to the old school flashing text commentary I fell in love with playing Cm01/02 :D

Anyone else finding every scout report saying you won't get a work permit, but in reality pretty much everyone gets one

5 star pa Brazilian centre backs I'm getting for 20k are even getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone else finding every scout report saying you won't get a work permit, but in reality pretty much everyone gets one

Yes. I also think that the scouting reports don't take into account the new brexit permit requirements which is based on salary I think while the old format was international games

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yes. I also think that the scouting reports don't take into account the new brexit permit requirements which is based on salary I think while the old format was international games

Whatever it is it’s a silly bug, i was just thinking i got a really hard Brexit but when reports were saying Neymar, Kroos and Matuidi wouldn’t get them i knew something was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Im the opposite, i cant get work permits for anyone! Rodrygo on loan from real madrid, lee kangin from valencia, Everton from gremio, all agreed to join, then all work permit rejected.

Ended up signing 3 players with good potential but had to loan em out, no one wanted them on loan then! Currently in spanish division 2 b1 at my only foreign affiliate, as the club thinks we need to focus on youth players instead of finding a club for people with work permit issues

• Advertisement

My new scouting technique is paying off. Go to all u19/U20 good international teams worth visiting - Italy, Portugal, Croatia etc.. and scout the lot of them.
    On season 3 and Italy is proving fruitful for amazing talent. Just need more money to harvest them all

Advertisement