Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

yabadabado wrote: »
    Where did you see it at that price? Coming from China?

I bought at that price from China. it is actually 245 but I had some credit in GB Wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I bought at that price from China. it is actually 245 but I had some credit in GB Wallet

Did you use PM to avoid customs or get lucky?

Did you use PM to avoid customs or get lucky?

ordered today....didnt use PM

Should I?

ordered today....didnt use PM

Should I?

A good chance I think you will be caught by customs but hopefully you avoid them. Seems to be less chance using PM and it arrives quicker as well.

Who is the courier service?

A good chance I think you will be caught by customs but hopefully you avoid them. Seems to be less chance using PM and it arrives quicker as well.

Who is the courier service?

Ireland Via Priority Line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Ireland Via Priority Line

You should be fine. Allow month for delivery. Great machine. Far better than romba 650

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

yannakis wrote: »
    Try the Mainland China server, it's the only one that works for me! Had this frustration in the beginning with US and Singapore servers (if I recall correctly).
    srsly78 wrote: »
    Yes you have to use mainland china server. Once that's done apply firmware updated and change language to english. Works fine for me!

tried the mainland china server about 100 times at this stage, I have tried every server in the list. It finds the vacuum but it will not connect to it. I get a timed out message.

I'm gonna have to clean it up and send it back. An absolute pain in the nuts

tried the mainland china server about 100 times at this stage, I have tried every server in the list. It finds the vacuum but it will not connect to it. I get a timed out message.

I'm gonna have to clean it up and send it back. An absolute pain in the nuts

Make sure your WiFi is good where vacuum is parked.
    Also try changing WiFi security settings

givecredit wrote: »
    Make sure your WiFi is good where vacuum is parked.
    Also try changing WiFi security settings

I did a factory reset of my router. I dont know what else to change in WiFi settings.
    My WiFi signal is strong as I have several devices connected to it. I also have the router and the vacuum alongside each other.

Thanks for your input.

I did a factory reset of my router. I dont know what else to change in WiFi settings.
    My WiFi signal is strong as I have several devices connected to it. I also have the router and the vacuum alongside each other.

Thanks for your input.

Did you try turning off WiFi security? One of the updates is to improve WiFi. If it connects with security off, let it update. Then set WiFi security again.

• Advertisement

If you can’t get it working I will take it off your hands for 150 quid....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

yabadabado wrote:

There's an incredibly small chance you'll get hit with customs. 95% of gearbest deliveries get through.

tedpan wrote: »
    There's an incredibly small chance you'll get hit with customs. 95% of gearbest deliveries get through.

95%, where did you see that figure?

Just be warned, if you do use the fast shipping they use DHL. Or they did for years....

DHL get to charge you 10 euro admin charge on top of customs so you always get hit for customs with DHL as they make a huge profit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Do either of the generations work with Google Home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

1st Generation of the Xiaomi does not mop below one does

https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_954639.html?wid=21

However only available from HK take it you would be hit with customs with this one?

Cant believe, came home today to find robot vac sitting waiting for me

Up and connected, just doing firmware update

That is some service, was only shipped on 22nd

No customs either which is huge plus

Just wondering what setting people are using on the Mi Robot Vacuum?

Quiet
    Balanced
    Turbo
    Full Speed?

I am using Full Speed....

yabadabado wrote:
    95%, where did you see that figure?

Years of experience and judging by the mi drone thread. I'm guessing 50 people ordered drones, 1 person paid duty.
    However only available from HK take it you would be hit with customs with this one?

Very unlikely you'll be hit with customs, even from Hong Kong.
    Shefwedfan wrote:
    Just wondering what setting people are using on the Mi Robot Vacuum?

How are you getting on with it, glad you took my advice :) Xiaomi will take over the world soon :D

Years of experience and judging by the mi drone thread. I'm guessing 50 people ordered drones, 1 person paid duty.

I bought the drone for my brother....very helpful thread you have on it...as soon as he got it I wanted one :p it is next item on my list
    How are you getting on with it, glad you took my advice :) Xiaomi will take over the world soon :D

Getting on great with it. Few hickup's. First night I set up timer but was messing and turned it off by mistake :p then I set it going during the day and I went to zoo....set off the motions detectors in house:p then I updated firmware last night, made sure timer was set but the firmware update reset the time to china so it didn't go out :p

All set and ready to go tonight so hope it goes off ok.....

It has done a few laps of one section of the house and worked perfect.Extremely happy

I love Xiomi, I have a couple of webcam's for the kids rooms....the app means I can control everything from it which is great.....

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote:
    It has done a few laps of one section of the house and worked perfect.Extremely happy

Shefwedfan wrote:
    I love Xiomi, I have a couple of webcam's for the kids rooms....the app means I can control everything from it which is great.....

Nice one! Xiaomi stuff is so good when comparing to other products at similar prices.

If you have any videos of the mi robot in action, would love to see!

Best of luck

https://youtu.be/f2d8Uxud4ts

I think I was asked for video of it in action....

https://youtu.be/f2d8Uxud4ts

I think I was asked for video of it in action....

I had to send mine back, couldn’t get it connected to the app, it cost 70 euro to send it to Alicante in Spain. I doubt I’ll see much of that back. I sent it about a month ago and I’m still waiting on what they are gonna do. Plus I used the thing a few times and I cleaned it as much as I could but it has marks on it from bumping into walls that I could not clean, I just hope they don’t do me on that.I don’t want a refund I want a replacement.

I had to send mine back, couldn’t get it connected to the app, it cost 70 euro to send it to Alicante in Spain. I doubt I’ll see much of that back. I sent it about a month ago and I’m still waiting on what they are gonna do. Plus I used the thing a few times and I cleaned it as much as I could but it has marks on it from bumping into walls that I could not clean, I just hope they don’t do me on that.I don’t want a refund I want a replacement.

I got the Mi Home App. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mi-home-xiaomi-smarthome/id957323480?mt=8

Left it set to chinese. Got it set up for the hoover and I can also get my IP camera workng on it.

Tried every region on the list, tried 2 different phones, tried 2 different isp’s. Tried several hard resets. I don’t know what I haven’t tried at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ive been using a Eufy 11c for the last few months . great bit of kit , hasnt put a foot wrong and place is spotless. it has Wi-Fi connectivity and app control. Works with Amazon Alexa voice commands. its very Quiet. and has a remote control which is handy .

not as feature loaded as the top end roombas but for just over 200 its a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

ive been using a Eufy 11c for the last few months . great bit of kit , hasnt put a foot wrong and place is spotless. it has Wi-Fi connectivity and app control. Works with Amazon Alexa voice commands. its very Quiet. and has a remote control which is handy .

not as feature loaded as the top end roombas but for just over 200 its a bargain

I can find the Eufy 11 for 200 but not the 11c, where did u get it?

Does it map out room etc? That is problem I had with previous models...they just randomly bumbed around the rooms and drove me nuts.....

I can find the Eufy 11 for 200 but not the 11c, where did u get it?

Got it on amazon uk. They dont ship to ireland but i used addresspal .

• Advertisement

Does it map out room etc? That is problem I had with previous models...they just randomly bumbed around the rooms and drove me nuts.....

Nope random . Seems to work well though. Although i have it on a scheduele so dont watch it . It runs at night . Or while im at work. Just come back to find the bin quite full and empty it . . Never noticed it missing spots.

Sister said the same when she got it. Driving her mad. Problem was solved by just not watching it :-P

Advertisement