Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Random question, is anyone else having trouble signing into the connected careers site? Its telling me my email/password combo is incorrect, but I know it isn't as I can log onto my EA origin account with it.

It appears to be working now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Random question, is anyone else having trouble signing into the connected careers site? Its telling me my email/password combo is incorrect, but I know it isn't as I can log onto my EA origin account with it.
    I can sign in fine but I have had that issue in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Perrin this was the video I was laughing at earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

EA is finally getting rid of online passes for future games...let the borrowing commence

• Advertisement

I enjoyed this one the most

noshaho.jpg

Gonna mess the cowboys up in owner mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Holy **** balls it's hawt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If anyone is needing to buy a new subscription to Xbox Live for the new edition of Madden then I couldn't recommend CD Keys highly enough.

I just purchased a 13 month subscription (and they throw in some sort of emblem for Halo too) for €33 plus cents. The below is what they have at the minute:

44a405d5fc5372b702d6bd36ef0c0fff.png

They do 5% off if you like their Facebook page too, but to save you the hassle the code is CDK6355 at the minute, they do change it every so often although the current active one can usually be found at Hot UK Deals.

You pay, the send you an email with a link, click that and you enter your mobile phone number with the 353 prefix which they will instantly send you a code to. Just enter that code and up pops a scanned picture of the subscription code to redeem.

It took me longer to type this than it did to pay for, receive and enter the code :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Paully D wrote: »
    If anyone is needing to buy a new subscription to Xbox Live for the new edition of Madden then I couldn't recommend CD Keys highly enough.

I just purchased a 13 month subscription (and they throw in some sort of emblem for Halo too) for €33 plus cents. The below is what they have at the minute:

44a405d5fc5372b702d6bd36ef0c0fff.png

They do 5% off if you like their Facebook page too, but to save you the hassle the code is CDK6355 at the minute, they do change it every so often although the current active one can usually be found at Hot UK Deals.

You pay, the send you an email with a link, click that and you enter your mobile phone number with the 353 prefix which they will instantly send you a code to. Just enter that code and up pops a scanned picture of the subscription code to redeem.

It took me longer to type this than it did to pay for, receive and enter the code :pac:

Thanks man but 5 days too late :-( auto renewed...

• Advertisement

Is the EA Sports Season Ticket for early release of Madden 25 out for everyone tomorrow, or just for USA users?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is the EA Sports Season Ticket for early release of Madden 25 out for everyone tomorrow, or just for USA users?

It's a weird one Paully, it's SUPPOSED to be tomorrow for US, Tuesday for Europe, but it never is, Europe always seem to get it with the US, but I checked mine earlier and it said 1 day 21 hours, which at the time suggested 5pm on Saturday.

In my experience the actual countdown timer in EA Sports Season Ticket is correct and doesn't change, so I think it's Saturday at 5pm which will run until Tuesday, when the game is released in the US. Tuesday is also the day my season ticket runs out :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It's a weird one Paully, it's SUPPOSED to be tomorrow for US, Tuesday for Europe, but it never is, Europe always seem to get it with the US, but I checked mine earlier and it said 1 day 21 hours, which at the time suggested 5pm on Saturday.

In my experience the actual countdown timer in EA Sports Season Ticket is correct and doesn't change, so I think it's Saturday at 5pm which will run until Tuesday, when the game is released in the US. Tuesday is also the day my season ticket runs out :pac:

Cheers mate.

I seen Steve Noah, owner of Operation Sports, tweeted the below a couple of days ago:
    Steve Noah ‏@Steve_OS 19 Aug
    Madden NFL 25 Season Ticket subscribers get the game at 1:00 PM EST on Friday, August 23rd. (PS3, 360)

If it had meant European users were able to get it at that time and use it until release day over here I'd probably have shelled out for it as it would have given us a week with the game, but there's not much point if it would be from Saturday-Tuesday over here, as the game doesn't come out until Friday.

I noticed when joining the franchise that EA still don't have Sean Payton back in the game, instead the manager is Dusty McDonald :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Anyone else seen this?

Thomas Howard, one of the free agents I picked up at the start of the season, died in a car crash this morning. Very sad :(

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24247845/report-nfl-lb-thomas-howard-dies-in-car-crash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thomas Howard, one of the free agents I picked up at the start of the season, died in a car crash this morning. Very sad :(

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24247845/report-nfl-lb-thomas-howard-dies-in-car-crash

Very sad news, I had him in madden 13 for the Colts, caught a good few int's to for me :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He played OLB for me last year and was pretty decent, sad news

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

anybody see the Elway Marino 83 draft documentary on espn last night, well worth checking out if ye haven't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

anybody see the Elway Marino 83 draft documentary on espn last night, well worth checking out if ye haven't

I've seen it before it's absolutely great, I've recommended it to NFL newbies too as an intro to the draft.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i really like the money one, I think it was something like 80% of professional athletes in the NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA are broke within 3 years of retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Virtually all of those 30 for 30 documentaries are compulsive viewing. I have actually rewarched a couple of them. My favourite is Roll Tide War Eagle about the Auburn Alabama rivalry.

Any time you see one on just watch it !

Anyone know where I can watch the 92 Cowboys America's game?
    I've seen them all up to that and I read "Boys will be Boys" a while back so interested in seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Roll Tide War Eagle on ESPN at 5pm this evening.

Just watch it !

Good programme on SS2 now about the LA Rams defensive line known as the Fearsome 4, They were indeed Fearsome

Happy Christmas everyone :D

Terrific Documentary on sky earlier about Marcus Allen and his relationship or lack off with Al Davis when he was RB with the Raiders, his stats are incredible considering he was Full Back for a couple of years and didnt play for another couple of years, he sorted that out when he joined the chiefs and won 9 out of 10 games v the Raiders :-)

• Advertisement

No.10 for me

Advertisement