Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Jay P wrote: »

I have my own question;
    I saw Rage in the O2 in June, and saw how simple it was to go to the standing area if you had a seating ticket. I was just wondering is it that easy all the time to get to the standing area? It's just I got a seated ticket for Arcade Fire and I'd much rather not be in the seated section for the show...

If you have friends on the ground you can probably find a way down. If not you'd just have to chance the stairs at the start and hope there's no security around yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

LpPepper wrote: »
    And also while im at it we booked table seats , it said seats 3&4 row 42?? Looking at the map seats 3&4 are right at the top infront of the stage , thanks.

That's probably Table 42, Seats 3&4 - about 4 rows back, right in the middle.

Good seats - I've been at that exact table before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Never been there but interest in Kylie Minogue next year, range from 59 to 83 Euro, what is the difference?.
    Danke shoen
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The more expensive ones are usually the seated tickets. With the Kylie gig, Aiken have outlined the difference on their website:

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/604/105

Tickets: Seated €59.80, GA €65.70, Seated €76.25, €86.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

What does GA stand for ? and the more expensive seats are in a better area for view? or nearer a bar etc?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Freiheit wrote: »
    What does GA stand for ? and the more expensive seats are in a better area for view? or nearer a bar etc?.

General Admission.

Standing ticket more or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ilovemydog123

hi just wondering would ticketmaster replace tickets cant find them anywhere :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Hello All,

I got seating tickets for Arcade Fire in December and I was wondering if standing up/dancing is frowned upon in the seated area? It'll be my first time at a proper gig (i.e one not held in someones living room) and I'm unsure of gig etiquette!

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

FredBaby! wrote: »
    Hello All,

I got seating tickets for Arcade Fire in December and I was wondering if standing up/dancing is frowned upon in the seated area? It'll be my first time at a proper gig (i.e one not held in someones living room) and I'm unsure of gig etiquette!

Thanks!

no from what iv seen people stood up and enjoyed them selfs . so what if they mind , your their to have a laugh and see a good concert:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hello All,

Thanks!

It depends on a couple of factors, the type of gig obviously being the main one but also your location and size. If you're in the back row go for it. if the people behind you can see over you when your standing go for it. But if you're 6'5 and 18 stone probably best to stay sitting.

Honestly though just keep mind of the people around you, if they're all singing screaming and dancing then enjoy it. If they're sitting down trying to listen to a slow song and your warbling like a dead cat, your being a dick. Other people paid to see them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Hello All,

Thanks!

I think it might be worth consulting an authority on that one:

:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

A V A wrote: »
    no from what iv seen people stood up and enjoyed them selfs . so what if they mind , your their to have a laugh and see a good concert:)

Ignore this. Everyone there has the right to enjoy themselves.
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    It depends on a couple of factors, the type of gig obviously being the main one but also your location and size. If you're in the back row go for it. if the people behind you can see over you when your standing go for it. But if you're 6'5 and 18 stone probably best to stay sitting.

Honestly though just keep mind of the people around you, if they're all singing screaming and dancing then enjoy it. If they're sitting down trying to listen to a slow song and your warbling like a dead cat, your being a dick. Other people paid to see them too.

This is a much better attitude to have.

lordgoat wrote: »
    what ??? that what said !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

I think it might be worth consulting an authority on that one:

:D

I think I'll take Win's advice on this one...and then proceed to do the Will-xylophone dance :p

So the general consensus is to be respectful and go with the flow!

Merci beaucoup toute la monde!

what ??? that what said !!!!

No it's not, but as ever here you go.

In the part highlighted in bold, you tell him to ignore the other people he may be ignoring by standing up. This is a highly ignorant opinion to have imo. It is also in complete contrast to what hynsie suggested.

If you want to reply to this do it by PM, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To elaborate -

My experience of Arcade Fire, rather than of the O2, is that they make a point to positively encourage stand-up dancing as seen in the above video.

That said, the best way to go about it is probably just waiting to get a feel for the crowd and going with the flow, or just leaving your seat and dancing in the aisle, assuming O2 security are in good form that day. However, I would be extremely surprised if Win Butler didn't end up explicitly instructing people to get up and dance if they weren't already at some point in the proceedings, whereupon all bets are off.

I respect everybody's right to enjoy themselves at a show however they see fit, but personally I can't shake the sense that if you're going to an Arcade Fire show to sit back and watch, you're at the wrong band. I mean, act with courtesy and within reason, but you've paid your money to take part, it seems like a shame to waste it.

just to clarify what i meant
    i said
    so what if they mind , your their to have a laugh and see a good concert
    you said

your at a concert to have a good time and get your moneys worth which is the same as saying you have the right to enjoy yourself , thats what meant :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

To elaborate -
    My experience of Arcade Fire, rather than of the O2, is that they make a point to positively encourage stand-up dancing as seen in the above video.
    Ah yes the well known get the **** up rule. That rule overrules any and all gig etiquette guidlines.
    your at a concert to have a good time and get your moneys worth which is the same as saying you have the right to enjoy yourself , thats what meant :confused:

So do the other 13,999 people there and if it's the kind of gig where the crowd will be split (Which i don't think this will.) then what you consider "getting your moneys worth" others might consider being an obnoxious douche.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Ah yes the well known get the **** up rule. That rule overrules any and all gig etiquette guidlines.

So do the other 13,999 people there and if it's the kind of gig where the crowd will be split (Which i don't think this will.) then what you consider "getting your moneys worth" others might consider being an obnoxious douche.

were not aloud drag this thread more off topic me and lordgoat discussed this so im not saying any more or giving my own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

Ex employee of SEGI here. Being honest loved working with them. Some times you were given good spots ... sometime you got terrible places. Luck of the draw really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Hello there,

Just wondered if anyone know's how many tickets in total you are allowed purchase with O2's Priorty Tickets??? Im booking tickets soon so I'd like to know my limit before the day.

Thank you :) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Depends on the event. Sometimes it will say in the description in advance. Typically it will be at least 4 but I believe ac/dc was limited to 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Stato

Maybe i am in the wrong thread guys, but I am travelling to see Michael Buble on Friday 24th Sept and was wondering if there are any suitable locations to park car within reasonable (20 minutes) walking distance to Aviva Stadium? (Travelling by car from the Belfast direction) Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

If you could find your way to Connolly train station on the Northside of the Quays, their is a car park there which is €7 for a 24 hour stay (so will be less if under 6 hours as far as I know) then you can hop on the dart (train) and that will leave you a five minute walk from the stadium.

If you google Connolly station, it should give a detailed map on how to get there.

Im going to see him on Friday.. :) Can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

lads trying to get my head around this and want to know has anyone experienced something simular.

heres the story two of my family members were looking for buble tickets for the friday night concert and a friend of mine went online(gumtree.com) and bought two tickets of a bloke that was selling them.so he got the tickets and off my family members went to the concert only to be told the tickets had been refunded, my question is why when the credit card holder went to refund the tickets were they not asked to produce the tickets so this problem wouldnt arise cos as far as im concerned every tom dick and harry could start up a scam like this and make a fortune.are ticket master liable here or does this stuff happen regulary??

major bill wrote: »
    lads trying to get my head around this and want to know has anyone experienced something simular.

heres the story two of my family members were looking for buble tickets for the friday night concert and a friend of mine went online(gumtree.com) and bought two tickets of a bloke that was selling them.so he got the tickets and off my family members went to the concert only to be told the tickets had been refunded, my question is why when the credit card holder went to refund the tickets were they not asked to produce the tickets so this problem wouldnt arise cos as far as im concerned every tom dick and harry could start up a scam like this and make a fortune.are ticket master liable here or does this stuff happen regulary??

You might get a few more answers if you post up in Consumer Issues.

Gumtree is not a good place to get tickets. I know this doesn't help but as a rule be very very careful and get as much info off who you are buying the tickets off.

Ticketmaster are not liable, if you read the back of the tickets i'm pretty certain it says: Tickets are not transferable.

Also tickets are re-funded mainly for them 'getting lost in the post'. The genuine ticket owners might not even be aware of what happened. It really is a nasty thing that happened.

I'm not sure what the best way to proceed is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

lordgoat wrote: »
    You might get a few more answers if you post up in Consumer Issues.

Gumtree is not a good place to get tickets. I know this doesn't help but as a rule be very very careful and get as much info off who you are buying the tickets off.

Ticketmaster are not liable, if you read the back of the tickets i'm pretty certain it says: Tickets are not transferable.

Also tickets are re-funded mainly for them 'getting lost in the post'. The genuine ticket owners might not even be aware of what happened. It really is a nasty thing that happened.

I'm not sure what the best way to proceed is.

the lad that bought them is very gullible so if we had known he got them online they wouldnt have taken them. there was a name on the ticket afaik but the staff took the tickets back off my family members so we cant even produce this to the gards!!

major bill wrote: »
    the lad that bought them is very gullible so if we had known he got them online they wouldnt have taken them. there was a name on the ticket afaik but the staff took the tickets back off my family members so we cant even produce this to the gards!!

Oh now it gets worse. If you don't even have the tickets you have no chance...

Mr S makes some great points...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

Just wanting to echo a post a few pages back.
    Going to see Jimmy Eat World in the Tripod in November, small problem being I'm only 16 and no id :/ Are they strict on id does any one know? thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Detanon

Hi does anyone know how long it takes for ticketmaster to send tickets?
    I bought tickets just last night and the gig this saturday.. i know its real late.
    But is there any chance i'll get it before the weekend?
    Thanks

Advertisement