Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugese laurel yellow leaves black spots

• 18-04-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi All ,

I planted about 200 portugese laurel in Sept 2018 . They're doing ok but this year on about 90% of the plants the leaves have started to yellow a bit on the lower half of each plant and have some black spots damage on them see pic. The 10% that are doing really well are more sheltered than the 90% that seem to be struggling a bit. The upper half of every plant is dark green and has new growth.
    This week I,ve thoroughly weeded around the plants and given them a feed with miracle grow. I would like to give them a slow release fertilizer this week(any suggestions on what type) .
    Also if anyone has any info on what the black spots maybe and how to treat it I would be grateful or any other helpful input.

Advertisement