Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 liverpoolkev

Cheers for the link outlaw but if I went to buy all that gear would i have to buy a new helmet for the team i play for or what would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

u can specify what colour helmet you want and so forth on the link the guy put up a few posts ago. u can also rent gear from dcu i don't know how much but a guy who plays for them told me about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

You are better off having your own gear if you can afford it as it is more comfotable as the stuff you will mould to your head and shoulders.

When you purchase the gear you can specify colour.

To be honest at 16 chances are your too young. I would say you would have to be over 18 too play.

16 isnt too young in my opinion especially if he is big. The right training you will be fine. We have 4 16 year olds all rookies but learning very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

www.galwayseadevils.tk is our website for anyone interested here in playing. anyone interested PM me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

tumbleweed.sized.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Yeah it's been very quiet around here lately;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Anyone interested in joining the Saints, please use the email address chair@dcusaints.com.

Saints#33 is no longer with the team.

Also, to any younger players (16+), Geoff there came and played for the Saints this season. He started every game and became one of our top offensive players, proving that even at 16, you can be an effective player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tom33

So how is the football over in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's probably fairly average high school standard to be honest but there are some players who are stand outs, one who was drafted in the NFL, a couple with NFL Europe experience I think and a few Americans who played college football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

what kind of fitness standard would you want to be to play in the irish league? Im interested in joining but injured at the moment. I'm 6'2, only 78KG but I can bench my own weight, Im worried I'd be too light... Im strong for my size but cardiovasculorly unfit... does it take much out of you fitness-wise?

You'll be fine. Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone know of any teams near Athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Im 18, 16 stone, 6 foot 3, and from dublin wud love to play a bit over the summer, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Where abouts in Dublin are ya from?

rathfarnham

The Tallaght Outlaws would be the team for you then - at least the closest anyway.

Check out http://www.tallaghtoutlaws.com/ - down the bottom there is some phone numbers, get in contact with either Chris or John and they will sort you out with everything you need to know.

ah ye i got a pm about it cheers man

Anyone know of any teams near Athlone?

Edenderry Soldiers are the team for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dean_222

Hey guys!Anyone living in the tipperary area that wants to play for a team?
    I play QB for the clonmel warriors(formly known as the willow warriors!)we're always looking for new players:)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I'm from goatstown and would love to give this a try, ex rugby player, what's the closest team and who do I contact?

Cheers

E. Fudd wrote: »
    I'm from goatstown and would love to give this a try, ex rugby player, what's the closest team and who do I contact?

Cheers

dublin rebels train in greystones and tallaght outlaws are out by the NBA so they're the closest. regular season's half finished now though

E. Fudd wrote: »

Cheers

Sent you a pm.

Training Saturday at 11am in Tymon. We have a game Sunday at home against Cork at 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Rebels are back training in Booterstown - right beside the DART station. We're training at 12pm this Sunday, if you want to head along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

Played some football as a kid - grew up in Chicago - back in Ireland since i was twelve. whats the schedule for training, season? living in Dublin 15.

Closest teams are Dublin Rhinos (Castleknock) and DCU Saints in Santry. Saints are back in next couple of weeks, not sure when Rhinos are. I play for Saints so obviously would prefer you to join there :) and Vikings will tell you to join his team. Best thing is to try out training at both and make up your mind. What age are you? The minimum age to play kitted has gone up. Training's usually Sundays 11-2 and one night during the week. League starts in March. We get a lot of rookies every year so are used to training them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

I live in Dublin 15 and play for the Dublin Rebels (www.dublinrebels.com), so check them out too.

sew wrote: »
    Played some football as a kid - grew up in Chicago - back in Ireland since i was twelve. whats the schedule for training, season? living in Dublin 15.

Hey, we (Rhinos) are already back training. We have training this Sunday if you are interested?

Castleknock College at 12. PM me if you want more info/need a lift or anything!

Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Has anybody noticed the amount that Irish people pop up in mailbags on Sky Sports, on NFL.com and everywhere else? There really is a sleeper crowd for football here. It just needs some schools to take it up or something. Maybe our schools aren't big enough on average to field teams?

Advertisement