Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Nipsey

• 01-04-2019 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Nipsey Hussel shot dead at 33. What a shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

That's awful :(

Killed in his prime too

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

RIP, he should have won the grammy this year as well for Victory Lap imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Never listened to Nipsey but loved the song he featured on with The Neighbourhood. Unfortunately it looks like his death will prompt me to check out his work. What a shame.

His last tweet was worrying, seemed to be posted an hour before the shooting.

https://twitter.com/NipseyHussle/status/1112472675169886208

Never listened to Nipsey but loved the song he featured on with The Neighbourhood. Unfortunately it looks like his death will prompt me to check out his work. What a shame.

His last tweet was worrying, seemed to be posted an hour before the shooting.

https://twitter.com/NipseyHussle/status/1112472675169886208

Had Victory Lap on repeat last year a tonne.

His mixtape The Marathon is brilliant too

Yea, that reads like he was threatened :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Knocked me for 6 this one did, not a massive fan of his, but someone who was gang affiliated but worked with all sides as well, done loads for the community he's from as well to help bridge the gap in gang violence.

Absolute unnecessary loss of life.

I've read that there is uproar as there is a code in the LA gangs that Sundays are sacred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've read that there is uproar as there is a code in the LA gangs that Sundays are sacred.

Yeah, there was similar in The Wire when Omar got shot at taking his granny to church.

Sad loss of life, especially as mentioned with the community work he did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Reading a bit more, it was the block where he grew up, he bought all of it, rejuvenated it. The store he was shot outside was his own store on the block.
    The more I read about it, the more awful it's becoming.

I see that the LAPD have released the suspects name and photo. There is also footage of the murder, I'm not going to watch it but apparently he shot Nip, walked off, came back and shot him a couple more times and kicked him in the head.
    All over some stupid question on whether he was a snitch or not. After that he went off and came back with his shooter.

• Advertisement

Found this upsetting :(

The apparent murderer has been taking into custody last night.

The apparent murderer has been taking into custody last night.

Seen that, footage of his arrest as well floating about.
    The thing now is, his face is known, he's already suspected as being a snitch and has murdered an icon. I fear that he wont survive too long in prison.

Alchemist wrote a tribute to Nipsey on Instagram, incredible story dating back to 2004 I think about when they first met, and pictures of Nipsey's rhyme book he left in the studio.

the killer checked into a mental health place under his own name which is how he was caught.
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that he's going for the insanity plea.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    the killer checked into a mental health place under his own name which is how he was caught.
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that he's going for the insanity plea.

I'd think the same. He was a jealous scumbag plain and simple and now doing his best to worm out of it.

Incredible the amount of good work he did.
    Even more sad the reason he was at store was to help out an ex-con who had just got out of prison.
    Talk about bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

F**K i was really looking forward to what this guy was going to become. His Victory Lap album i thought was the one of my albums of the year, and he was up to all sorts creatively. RIP.

Maybe Boom Bap can bring the discussion from the other thread here. I will report my post just so he can see it.

Maybe Boom Bap can bring the discussion from the other thread here. I will report my post just so he can see it.

Sorry didn't know there was another thread.

sorted

• Advertisement

Thanks for moving Boom!! Bit late to the party i was preoccupied during the week. Very very sad.

It's a shame that it's taken his death for me to listen more to him and appreciate his music more.

Formally charged with Nipseys murder. What a ****ing lowlife who has destroyed so many lives :(

https://news.sky.com/story/nipsey-hussle-man-charged-with-murder-of-rapper-in-la-shooting-11684491

For me, his best Mixtape.

I see he pleaded nor guilty and tried the old check into a mental institute excuse.

Hopefully he gets hammered by the Jury

• Registered Users Posts: 10 matiasbloom

It is a very very big loss

Advertisement