Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Cz 457

Options
  • 01-04-2019 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Anyone hear when these will be available? I was going to change my .22 to a T1 last year but there wasn’t very many reviews of it and some I’d seen were not that good, then the 457 was announced and I said I’d hold off for awhile. That seems like ages ago and I’ve still not seen one for sale or reviewed anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,434 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ballistech in Wexford had one a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

What .22 lr do you have now?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

What .22 lr do you have now?
    Still have a Remington 597, it’s a good few years old. Reliable but the trigger is ****e. I’d rather a bolt action now, mostly for safety reasons but also just fancy a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

How's the trigger on the new 457s? It was the achilles heel on the 452. My old 452, while accurate, was just awful to shoot due to the trigger. It was heavy, gritty and just generally devoid of all feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

alanmc wrote: »
    How's the trigger on the new 457s? It was the achilles heel on the 452. My old 452, while accurate, was just awful to shoot due to the trigger. It was heavy, gritty and just generally devoid of all feel.

My 455 had a very heavy trigger. After getting the yo dave trigger kit it's near perfect. Such a good job for €25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

All depends on which version of the 457 you're after. The 457 Royal, Lux or Premium are available up North. From what I hear it will be another 6-8 weeks before they land here (well before Ardee Sports have them, the importers)

I have a 457 MTR on back order, hoping to have it before the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bobbie78

Ballistech has the cz 457 royal in 17 hmr and 22lr i think the price is 899 euro, Have a look on there website.

I’m in no major panic anyway, I’ll wait to see one in the flesh down this side of the country. I usually go for more synthetic type stocks but the Royale looks very nice in the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Asus1

If they are selling for €900 thats a big jump from 455 prices cz American can be bought for less than €600 and varmint and thumbhole for around €650.Maybe it's worth it, haven't seen one.

Asus1 wrote: »
    If they are selling for €900 thats a big jump from 455 prices cz American can be bought for less than €600 and varmint and thumbhole for around €650.Maybe it's worth it, haven't seen one.
    Yeah it’s a bit pricey alright. The Tikka is around the €625 mark so bar I see one and fall in love with it I might still go for that. Anyone see or use any browning T bolt .22lrs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Kran wrote: »
    Anyone hear when these will be available? I was going to change my .22 to a T1 last year but there wasn’t very many reviews of it and some I’d seen were not that good, then the 457 was announced and I said I’d hold off for awhile. That seems like ages ago and I’ve still not seen one for sale or reviewed anywhere.

Got a t1 myself as of 4 days ago.. i saw the oz man reviews and it rightly tainted their initial rep.

Went for a hmr myself as I have had a 22 since I was 13. Absolute joy to shoot. Incredible trigger for a cheap rifle.

Mind you I've never shot it in the standard stock.

'Hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

CZ 457 MTR - Very accurate rifle

Zeroed at 50m, clean target up, first round using SK Rifle Match

2ihkrb8.jpg

Shooting playing cards @ 50m (Balheary Shooting Grounds), one shot was all that was needed most times.

v3du0x.jpg

Advertisement