Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Technics servicing / repair query

• 19-03-2019 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys I'm seeking technics 1210 servicing please? Previously got work done via @earthman thru this forum but cannot locate user/contact details?

Pls & thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

I believe the lads in djbox.ie should be able to help you out. Give Mark a shout on 015329845

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

DJ box can't source many of the original parts any more and couldn't service mine.

I couldn't find anyone to service them and ended up doing the service/repairs myself which turned out to be straight forward:
    -Calibration of Pitch, Break Sharpness & Anti Skate (just need a good multimeter)
    -Motor spindle clean & oil (correct oil needed - ebay)
    -Tone arm adjustment
    -Replaced lights, buttons, feet, headshell and audio rca leads (ebay for parts)

Mine had two major issues when I got them back from DJ box. One wouldn't spin and the other had a weird jitter to the platter. Both problems fixed by installing a new AN6675 chip.

If you need a new tone arm only 1200 series colour parts are available new and they are expensive. For pitch control issues only MK5 pitches are available new (no click at 0).

The new 1210 MK7 is due for release in a few months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

DJ box can't source many of the original parts any more and couldn't service mine.

I couldn't find anyone to service them and ended up doing the service/repairs myself which turned out to be straight forward:
    -Calibration of Pitch, Break Sharpness & Anti Skate (just need a good multimeter)
    -Motor spindle clean & oil (correct oil needed - ebay)
    -Tone arm adjustment
    -Replaced lights, buttons, feet, headshell and audio rca leads (ebay for parts)

Mine had two major issues when I got them back from DJ box. One wouldn't spin and the other had a weird jitter to the platter. Both problems fixed by installing a new AN6675 chip.

If you need a new tone arm only 1200 series colour parts are available new and they are expensive. For pitch control issues only MK5 pitches are available new (no click at 0).

The new 1210 MK7 is due for release in a few months too.

what was the jitter like? i have a wierd jittery issue myself too. did it make a humming sound if you had your finger on the record while queuing up

Advertisement