Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon £5 off £25 on 19 March

Options
  • 19-03-2019 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Enter code BIGTHANKS to get £5 off qualifying spends over £25.

It's on the homepage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sugarman wrote: »
    Cheapskates, used to be £10 off £50!

Cutbacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Brixit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Even more exclusions.
    All warehouse deals I added to basket are excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Get those Brexit orders in! :D
    Has anything been said what will happen when buying from the likes of Amazon if there is a 'no deal' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I always find these a bit of a pain unless you have something in mind that's sold directly by Amazon. Have yet to actually be able to use one. Handy if you do though I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I always find these a bit of a pain unless you have something in mind that's sold directly by Amazon. Have yet to actually be able to use one. Handy if you do though I guess.

It works on pre-orders! but, if you are going past March 30th on the delivery date its becoming a massive unknown on what will happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Get those Brexit orders in! :D
    Has anything been said what will happen when buying from the likes of Amazon if there is a 'no deal' ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/amazon-uk-users-may-have-difficulties-after-a-no-deal-brexit-1.3762917

Seems we may just need to use the German site

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

crap just ordered sunday :(

edit. tried to cancel there and will go a for a reorder
    has anyone ever cancelled before on amazon? it just tells me it will do its best to cancel but it may not happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Seve OB wrote: »
    crap just ordered sunday :(

edit. tried to cancel there and will go a for a reorder
    has anyone ever cancelled before on amazon? it just tells me it will do its best to cancel but it may not happen

Usually it will cancel, unless you are unlucky and it's too far gone in the dispatch process. If you can absorb the cost of ordering twice, simply refuse delivery of the first item when it is delivered, it'll go back to amazon and you get a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dulpit wrote: »
    Usually it will cancel, unless you are unlucky and it's too far gone in the dispatch process. If you can absorb the cost of ordering twice, simply refuse delivery of the first item when it is delivered, it'll go back to amazon and you get a full refund.

just got an email... it can't be cancelled it seems

ah well. only a fiver..... or maybe I'll just have to find something else to buy today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If people are struggling, this with a lil' add-on item is a good buy for about £20..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0018RY8H0

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Basq wrote: »
    If people are struggling, this with a lil' add-on item is a good buy for about £20..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0018RY8H0
    Not Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ 'Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.' should work.. sold by third parties and fulfilled by Amazon won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Just went to order a pair of Kids shoes I had in my basket ... VAT is adding over £7 to them when I go to pay ... not usually anywhere near that high ... usually only £1-2 if even that ... is this Brexit kicking in???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Only wrote: »
    Just went to order a pair of Kids shoes I had in my basket ... VAT is adding over £7 to them when I go to pay ... not usually anywhere near that high ... usually only £1-2 if even that ... is this Brexit kicking in???

The shoes may not have any vat charging for UK, so it's going from 0% to 21%? If the shoes are over £30, that'd be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Only wrote: »
    up to 5.5 should be zero VAT here.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/vat/vat-rates/search-vat-rates/S/shoes-children-childrens-clothing-and-footwear-.aspx

Some people have emailed them and got stuff changed. The offer might be over by the time you get an answer though, so you might be better off using a mail service like parcel motel, the fiver off is more than the mail service cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

rubadub wrote: »

https://www.revenue.ie/en/vat/vat-rates/search-vat-rates/S/shoes-children-childrens-clothing-and-footwear-.aspx

Some people have emailed them and got stuff changed. The offer might be over by the time you get an answer though, so you might be better off using a mail service like parcel motel, the fiver off is more than the mail service cost.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057959387

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Had a pre-order sitting in my orders. Ordered it again, got a fiver off, and cancelled the original order. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Just bought the new fire stick with voice remote and new eco dot 3rd generation for £40.

Amazing deal.

I topped up by £50 and got a £5 voucher (a few days ago but maybe still going)

Then I got the £5 off 25 or more.

And theres a special offer for echo and fire stick here:

(Just click configuration to get offer with both)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0791RGQW3/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_3bpKCb8RW0M0Z

It wouldn't deliver to Dublin so I have a place in Belfast it's getting delivered too but I'm sure you could use parcel motel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Had £5.34 credit I completely forgot about so was wondering why I was getting £10.34 off my order!

Happy days, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

If prime member you can get the 2019 Non 4K firestick for £19.99 with this code.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Zenify wrote: »
    Just bought the new fire stick with voice remote and new eco dot 3rd generation for £40.

Amazing deal.

I topped up by £50 and got a £5 voucher (a few days ago but maybe still going)

Then I got the £5 off 25 or more.

And theres a special offer for echo and fire stick here:

(Just click configuration to get offer with both)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0791RGQW3/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_3bpKCb8RW0M0Z

It wouldn't deliver to Dublin so I have a place in Belfast it's getting delivered too but I'm sure you could use parcel motel etc.
    is there anyway to get these delivered together to save on 2 parcel motel delivery i can't se any option

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Lenny wrote: »
    is there anyway to get these delivered together to save on 2 parcel motel delivery i can't se any option

Oh yeah forgot about that if using mail forwarding. I chose the expedited and it's two separate deliveries, there was a standard option too, is that also separate? As mentioned I'm getting it delivered to my work in Belfast so it's not a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lenny wrote: »

Looks like it comes as a bundle so I'd imagine they ship together?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

rubadub wrote: »

Thanks!!
    I actually put through the order and then went on Chat with them - they are refunding the VAT and I got the £5 applied so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got a real bargain there - Amazon Firestick for €24.29 (+ £0.99)....but be warned you will need a UK/NI delivery address.

The firestick is normally selling at £39.99 but Prime members can buy it for £24.99 today (not sure if its an ongoing promotion). First of all I signed up for a free 1 week trial of Prime which costs 99 pence. Then I placed the order for the firestick and £15 is then automatically discounted at checkout. Next I applied the BIGTHANKS promo code to get it down to £19.99 and not being greedy I decided to pay in Euro which worked out at €24.29. :)

Thanks to HUKD :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Wheety wrote: »
    Looks like it comes as a bundle so I'd imagine they ship together?

No I've noticed when buying bundles they come seperate delivery's,. Each item had a different delivery date.. The firestick is tomorrow and the echo is end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Shame you can't use in on their whiskey - was hoping to get a bottle through PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Not working for me, the customer support rep says it is for UK customers only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not working for me, the customer support rep says it is for UK customers only
    I would chase that up as Im currently logged in with my ROI address and the offer is still showing there for me....although I've already made use of it with a NI address. The T&C's dont say anything about restrictions here

Advertisement