Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-02-2019, 07:42   #1
Bob Harris

Premier League Prediction Comp 2019 Table

I didn't see much but looked a decent night's darts.

Wade beat Barney who looks like he might struggle and just pipped Smith for the lowest average of the night, Dobie threw away a big lead,
MvG did what probably only MvG can do taking out 261 in 5 darts when Smith left the door ajar, unfancied Price (on here at least) beat Gurney with a 103 avg and to round it off Wright and Cross played out an entertaining draw.

Next week Duzza takes the stage and there'll be a lot of interest to see how he gets on under the bright lights of the PL.

Well done to Gotya who is this week's winner with 10 points. The table is below, Any errors let me know.

Highest average MvG 104.98 (Price 104.11)
Lowest RvB 95.15 (Smith 95.28)
Highest checkout 150 Michael Smith

Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-02-2019, 08:55   #2
Kingp35

As Mardle said, if you turn the table upside down I'd be top!
(2) thanks from:
08-02-2019, 09:12   #3
Bob Harris

15-02-2019, 07:47   #4
Bob Harris

Again I only caught a bit of last night's action and watched Barney get a draw from 5-2 down.
At one stage a dart fell out of the T20 and I thought he was about to walk off stage but thanks to
the ice man melting like a golly bar on a hot summers day he managed a point.
Durrant never got close to Gurney who took out some great finishes and looked very relaxed.
The Anderson scarf waving from Duzza and the flag waving from Gurney was pandering of the highest order though. My stream went then and I didn't bother reloading to see MvG beat Mensur 7-3.
Lots of noise from the crowd though there wasn't a lot to shout about.

This week's winner is Bluezar on 10 with an impressive 3 correct scores.
Less than impressive was no-one predicting the highest avg or checkout, though Barney obliged
with the lowest average for the second week running with 8 out of 14 giving him their vote of no confidence.

Highest average: Cross 102.8
Lowest average: Barney 88.79 (Wright 88.95)
Check out: Gurney 121

(4) thanks from:
15-02-2019, 12:00   #5
Bluezar

Had the first two up on a correct score Yankee and was looking good until Price could not break Barney at the end - would have been nice to get it up and very profitable.
Advertisement
04-03-2019, 12:03   #6
Bob Harris

Below is the table after Week 3 in Dublin.

Well done to KingP35 a clear winner with 9 points, 3 ahead of Rolliefingers and Bluezar in second place with 6.

Wade had the highest avg 103.89
Lennon the lowest 90.08
Gurney had the highest out shot of 140.

Thanks from:
04-03-2019, 12:09   #7
Bob Harris

A less predictable set of results for Week 4 in Exeter and it's reflected in the scores.

Taking the prize this week is Rolliefingers with just 4 points, 3 points being good enough for Bob Harris to take second. There were a few duck eggs though NDWC can be forgiven as they didn't get around to posting any scores. As far as predictions went, a week best forgotten.

Highest Average Cross 102.16
Lowest Average Gurney 90.35 (in the the same match)
Highest check out Humphires 161 Well done to Rolliefingers for getting that, the only bonus point scored by anyone this week.

04-03-2019, 12:26   #8
Kingp35

Fair play Bob, I ran this competition for a few years and I know how much time it takes to do it. Cheers
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 07:55   #9
Bob Harris

They saved the best for last in Aberdeen although Wade might have something to say about that.
A toss up between himself and Big John for performance of the night. Another heavy defeat for Gurney and Barney lived up to the low expectations again.

Bluezar is this weeks winner on 7, followed by Porthallian on 5. Low enough scoring again. None lower than mine which was nul points. I predicted 4 draws but of course not the match that ended in a draw.

Wade had the highest avg 109.59 He also had it in week 3. There was a time when he'd be almost banker for the lowest.
Price the lowest 93.13 even though he won his match and prize for loudest roar of the night when he hit bull to finish 127 and go 4-1 up.
Cross had the highest out shot of 164.

Advertisement
08-03-2019, 09:54   #10
Green_Martian

Send a message via MSN to Green_Martian
Thanks Bob
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 07:24   #11
Bob Harris

Yet another week goes by and the guest player fails to win. A Smith win was predicted by only 3 as after his recent success the asp was fancied but again failed to deliver. However he did come up with the highest checkout that 3 people had. Barney was the banker and he didn't let anyone down. Everyone had Cross to win and 6 had the correct score to boot. With a 91.22 avg it appears that Barney's best scoring is done in the bedroom these days.

I only saw Wright v Gurney - not a great match made worse by the fact that Wright missed tops for 7-4 that would have given me a correct score.

This weeks winner is Green Martian on 7 points including two correct scores.
Best of the rest on 5 were Kingp35, Ultimate, Gotya and Bluezar who keeps a handy lead at the top of the table.

Wright had the highest avg 102.91
Aspinall the lowest 88.35
but did have the highest checkout of 158.

We're off to Berlin next week where surely Max Hopp will be able to take care of Barney and become the first guest player to bag a win.

Last edited by Bob Harris; 15-03-2019 at 07:27.
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:10   #12
boomdocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Harris View Post
With a 91.22 avg it appears that Barney's best scoring is done in the bedroom these days.
Bob
(2) thanks from:
19-03-2019, 10:24   #13
Green_Martian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Harris View Post

This weeks winner is Green Martian on 7 points including two correct scores.
Best of the rest on 5 were Kingp35, Ultimate, Gotya and Bluezar who keeps a handy lead at the top of the table.
Woohoo, this may be the one and only time I win a week

Thanks again Bob for looking after the comp
22-03-2019, 07:44   #14
Bob Harris

Can't comment much as I didn't see a dart thown but I get the impression it wasn't one of the better nights of PL darts. There is nothing predictable about it though which is something I suppose.
Smith was well beaten and for a fella who was the self proclaimed messiah of darts a few months ago he's done close enough to sweet fa hitting an 85 avg. Had Angela Merkel herself appeared on stage she'd have given him a game.

Gurney got a good win having had a few bad weeks and as expected Flop was no match for Barney who won with a 90 avg though not as low as the next big thing in darts for the last 5 years Max Flop on 88.

Well done to Rolliefingers with 7 who is this weeks winner. Ultimate and Kingp35 shared second spot with 5. After last weeks heriocs Green Martian managed just one point, better only to Gotya who managed none at all. This coming from Bob who is in as good as last place in the table.

Cross had the highest avg 104.33
Smith the lowest with 85.34
Barney 170.

22-03-2019, 10:11   #15
Green_Martian

Thanks Bob
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline