Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime reduced until 30th August

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hmmmm I've been on with a lad and he says;

As you have opened a membership for Ireland you will only get access to constant available in Ireland this is because of content license restrictions.

I asked about geo restrictions being gone and he said nope...

Told/spoofed him I am moving to the north next week... said changing address is not enough, IP address should also be for that location!!.

He then said that if a user had signed up for video via amazon.co.uk and NOT primevideo.com from Ireland then it was probably working for them, but I see now if in Ireland you can only get the prime video via primevideo.com.

I must be on prime UK as I can see the Batman Vs Spiderman listed on UK but not Ireland site. I created prime video a couple months ago.

I have used www.justwatch.com/uk

Any other titles I can check to see if I'm on UK or Irish video ?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of joining with the student offer but it feels a bit sketchy and its too many hoops to jump through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

scottigael wrote: »
    Yes prime for delivery encompasses prime video twitch prime etc

Thank you, have one of my orders sped up and have my Region changed for Prime, delighted with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Hmmmm I've been on with a lad and he says;

As you have opened a membership for Ireland you will only get access to constant available in Ireland this is because of content license restrictions.

I asked about geo restrictions being gone and he said nope...

Told/spoofed him I am moving to the north next week... said changing address is not enough, IP address should also be for that location!!.

He then said that if a user had signed up for video via amazon.co.uk and NOT primevideo.com from Ireland then it was probably working for them, but I see now if in Ireland you can only get the prime video via primevideo.com.

this stuff about IP is a bullsh*t mate,
    just flicked through Batman vs Superman from my PC shoving Irish IP address ... tell them to change region to UK as moving there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Just on to chat there, they changed it to the UK, no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Hearvee wrote: »
    Just on to chat there, they changed it to the UK, no questions asked.

Guess it depends of the cs agent... some are just pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've been reading a lot on this, and trying to grasp a feel for how things look regarding delivery. This is the main, and probably only thing, I want from Amazon Prime. And, the majority of reviews online are UK-geared or discuss the content. There's not a strong Irish insight into it.

Is there a certain amount that you realistically need to buy from Amazon to benefit from the delivery and speed? Is the selection of Amazon Prime Eligible products drastically limited for Irish users?

I tried to do some fiddling to get student status via HUKD tricks but they're closed down now. £39 student would be a great deal, but this seems like the best I'd get as a real person. Sure, I could go for a trial, but that only forces you to binge buy make benefit, which isn't realistic. And, when it's over, the price will be gone.

I'd love to get some genuine insight from locals on this. It be noted that I sometimes but vitamins and a few other products that won't ship to Ireland via Parcel Wizard, but these obviously incur a separate DPD charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

My god how have i not heard of this website! Just saved me many more arguments on what to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I had to provide a UK address before they would switch my video settings, just used parcel wizard's address in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I provided the Parcel Motel address. All set up now. Delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I've been reading a lot on this, and trying to grasp a feel for how things look regarding delivery. This is the main, and probably only thing, I want from Amazon Prime. And, the majority of reviews online are UK-geared or discuss the content. There's not a strong Irish insight into it.

Is there a certain amount that you realistically need to buy from Amazon to benefit from the delivery and speed? Is the selection of Amazon Prime Eligible products drastically limited for Irish users?

I tried to do some fiddling to get student status via HUKD tricks but they're closed down now. £39 student would be a great deal, but this seems like the best I'd get as a real person. Sure, I could go for a trial, but that only forces you to binge buy make benefit, which isn't realistic. And, when it's over, the price will be gone.

I'd love to get some genuine insight from locals on this. It be noted that I sometimes but vitamins and a few other products that won't ship to Ireland via Parcel Wizard, but these obviously incur a separate DPD charge.

I've ordered a lot more with the free delivery, because I order things as and when i think of them, rather than having to bunch it and pad it up to the €25 free and then wait 2 weeks.

That said, not one single package with 2 day delivery has been delivered in 2 days and not one single "Free Standard Delivery" has been on time, and I'm in Dublin.

When it gets into Ireland it slows down bigtime.

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I am worried about.

It's a big chunk of change to spend for just access to delivery (if you're not using the other benefits) if the service is not truly 'two day' like advertised. That's a real pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Delivery times for Amazon are excellent - no other online retailer comes close IMHO. Very rarely are my deliveries late. Standard delivery items arrive on or before estimated delivery date. I have used the two 2-day shipping exclusively for the last 3 or 4 weeks and every box has arrive in 2 days. I'm in Dublin also.

The 2 day priority shipping is a super addition. No minimum spend, so I have just ordered items as I thought of them.

If you are unsure about if items will be delivered on time, why don't you give the 30 day prime trial a go?

Edit: There is a cut off time for the 2-day delivery orders each day. I read it somewhere but cannot find it now. Is it midday?

Well, that's some difference in terms of experience!

Are either of you able to shed some light on the availability of Prime Eligible products for Ireland?

Randomly selection from the last few weeks... baby items, cycling items, electronics, arts and crafts items, cleaning products, stationary, bathroom items etc. They were all on 2 day shipping. I've had to sign for all the items (An Post delivery), which I don't remember having to do before. It's noted at the front desk when a package arrives for me.
    Well, that's some difference in terms of experience!

Are either of you able to shed some light on the availability of Prime Eligible products for Ireland?

Thanks for that. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

So generally speaking there no cop out from Amazon in terms of restricting available lines to Ireland as a way to counteract the increased postage costs?

Sure give the trial a go and try it. Order items individually and spread the orders out over a few days to test the delivery times to your address. The only way to know I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Guess it depends of the cs agent... some are just pricks

Yeah my lad was willing to do it in the end.. I told him I'd come back to them today as I wanted to be sure about this IP stuff. But it sure looks like everybody on here in ROI are having no issues even though their 'home location' is UK.

You know what else I found out last nite... You can't (or at least I couldn't) use Firestick to watch Prime Video on the TV. Contacted support and they tell me Firestick is not supported in ROI......... unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

It's a big chunk of change to spend for just access to delivery (if you're not using the other benefits) if the service is not truly 'two day' like advertised. That's a real pity.

I just had two prime deliveries to Galway. One took 4 days, the other 5. Now they were ordered last Thurs and it was their Bank holiday weekend special, when they would be busier than normal. So hopefully next time a little faster. It was still faster than paying the 6 GBP for standard delivery - that date was over a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Delivery times for Amazon are excellent - no other online retailer comes close IMHO. Very rarely are my deliveries late. Standard delivery items arrive on or before estimated delivery date. I have used the two 2-day shipping exclusively for the last 3 or 4 weeks and every box has arrive in 2 days. I'm in Dublin also.

The 2 day priority shipping is a super addition. No minimum spend, so I have just ordered items as I thought of them.

If you are unsure about if items will be delivered on time, why don't you give the 30 day prime trial a go?

Edit: There is a cut off time for the 2-day delivery orders each day. I read it somewhere but cannot find it now. Is it midday?

Can confirm this. I'm up in Sligo and get 2 day delivery. Amazon have always notified me via app on delivery schedule.

Edit after reading post above this one. Have only ordered 4 items over 3 months, all have been delivered within 2 working days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ive been buying quite a bit of vinyl and it's been very quick, ordered stuff over weekend, arrived tuesday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Here's an example of a bargain where Prime steps in with free P&P

1m Cat5e Patch cable, 82p delivered

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

slave1 wrote: »
    Here's an example of a bargain where Prime steps in with free P&P

1m Cat5e Patch cable, 82p delivered

Says doesn't deliver to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

iggy wrote: »
    Says doesn't deliver to Ireland

Where do you see that?

I can get it delivered here no prob, free standard delivery rather than 2 day though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭zell12

GpIcxQI.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Odd:

DWttWK6.png

You know what else I found out last nite... You can't (or at least I couldn't) use Firestick to watch Prime Video on the TV. Contacted support and they tell me Firestick is not supported in ROI......... unbelievable.

It's madness that they don't offer Prime on firestick in Ireland. I can understand some apps like ITV or BBC Iplayer but Jesus Prime is Amazons and surely Irish market is getting bigger for Amazon they should offer it :(

zell12 wrote: »
    GpIcxQI.jpg?1

Strange as I just tried now and it ships to my Irish address

XRHuyCa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah my lad was willing to do it in the end.. I told him I'd come back to them today as I wanted to be sure about this IP stuff. But it sure looks like everybody on here in ROI are having no issues even though their 'home location' is UK.

I use a two different Fire TVs to watch Prime Video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I use a two different Fire TVs to watch Prime Video.

Fire TVs? so you are not using Firestick?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement