Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime reduced until 30th August

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

DivingDuck wrote: »
    "Available to new Prime members only."

Naturally. :mad:

Any way around this other than a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Any way around this other than a new account?

Prime Student is 6 months free and then £39 for a year. You have to pay £12 for a nus card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I bit the bullet and signed up for this. What is the deal with Amazon Music though? Do we have it in Ireland with prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

From hotukdeals. Amazon Prime one year sub reduced to £59 from £79 until 30th August.

Looks like it is still selling at £79 and not £59... Did I miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Looks like it is still selling at £79 and not £59... Did I miss it?
    Do you already have a prime account?

• Advertisement

toe_knee wrote:
    Do you already have a prime account?

No, but I was given a free month and then a further free month for video only.... So maybe if I cancel it and then try to subscribe it may come up at 59

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

No, but I was given a free month and then a further free month for video only.... So maybe if I cancel it and then try to subscribe it may come up at 59

Maybe, I am subscribed already so no go for me :(
    I use it for photo backup which makes it well worth it. Cheaper than most of the other photo backup solutions with the added bonus of quicker deliveries and video/music

toe_knee wrote:
    Maybe, I am subscribed already so no go for me I use it for photo backup which makes it well worth it. Cheaper than most of the other photo backup solutions with the added bonus of quicker deliveries and video/music

Just got in touch with Amazon and they sorted it out for me for £59...

Thanks OP... Wouldn't have gone for it unless it was for 59 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

So a list the prime membership advantages (residing in Ireland):

- Unlimited photo storage
    - Unlimited two day delivery (eligible items),no minimum spend
    - originals/video (very limited content outside UK)
    - reading, 6 free editors picks, 1 kindle book for 1 GBP
    - kindle owners lending library
    - ad-free twitch
    - 30 day early access to prime deals
    - amazon household share prime delivery, kindle owners lending library and early access), 2 adults, 4 children

To get UK prime music:
    - UK originating payment card required (virtual card in the Revolut app with UK address or similar will work)

To get UK prime video:
    - a UK billing address added to the account and request 'UK Prime Video' from the support team (e.g. Parcel Motel address in Belfast). Chat log with Amazon UK support requesting UK prime access post #71. short and sweet. VPN not required to watch UK prime video content.

Alternatively, I have been using a VPN and I haven't had any issues.

Edit: Feel free to correct me and I will update the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Man all of ye should have read the previous thread.
    You could have gotten uk version of prime video with free delivery etc for £39.
    And the first 6 months were free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If you sign up for Audible when a new Prime member you can get 3 audio books for free (then cancel obviously if you don't want any more).

Blazer wrote: »
    Man all of ye should have read the previous thread.
    You could have gotten uk version of prime video with free delivery etc for £39.
    And the first 6 months were free.

I think what happened here is a lot of people signed up for prime on prime day to get some of the bargains so obviously there is more interest now and Amazon don't need to be quite a generous to keep customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

pmce4 wrote: »
    amazon music not available here

It is, but you need to use Revolut and a UK address(Parcel Motel works as does any other with the correct post code.)
    When the music app asks for your Card details, create a vitrual card in the Revolut app and use that card number.
    It verifies as UK and the app works as normal.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So just to confirm. There's no issues watching the US open from Ireland when you sign up right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Via a VPN you can get access to prime music and prime video all content.

Edit: Feel free to correct me and I will update the list.

A VPN isn't needed for Video or music, for video you just need a UK billing address added to the account and then request UK Prime Video from the support team.
    Sign out of the app and sign back in and you should have the UK content available.

For music you need a UK originating payment card, so Revolut or similar.
    When the app asks for your Card details, create a virtual card in the Revolut app and use that card number.
    It verifies as UK and the app works as normal

Thanks, I've edited the post. I've been using a VPN without any issues. But i've added the UK address credit card as well.
    banie01 wrote: »
    A VPN isn't needed for Video or music, for video you just need a UK billing address added to the account and then request UK Prime Video from the support team.
    Sign out of the app and sign back in and you should have the UK content available.

For music you need a UK originating payment card, so Revolut or similar.
    When the app asks for your Card details, create a virtual card in the Revolut app and use that card number.
    It verifies as UK and the app works as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

Anyone got a link to the definitive list of the UK video catalogue, or highlights for you? Tempted by Seinfeld but not much else that isn't on Netflix at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

I don't have a list, but not all Seinfeld episodes are on it, just a few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭newo

Apt8 wrote:
    I don't have a list, but not all Seinfeld episodes are on it, just a few seasons.

Oh right I obviously didn't check that properly thought it was all seasons. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

Wheety wrote: »
    Prime Student is 6 months free and then £39 for a year. You have to pay £12 for a nus card though.

signing up as a student no longer works as 'ecareers' has been removed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭T-Bird

So just to confirm. There's no issues watching the US open from Ireland when you sign up right?

Worked for me. I opened a new account and paid £59.00 with Parcel Wizard address as main.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

newo wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the definitive list of the UK video catalogue, or highlights for you? Tempted by Seinfeld but not much else that isn't on Netflix at a glance.
    I don't have a list but tbh, I've been using it for around 2 weeks now and I'm thinking of cancelling netflix.
    The amazon original content is fantastic as is the selection. 

Right now I'm watching the Americans and the Good Fight, I've watched a few movies (including suffering through dirty dancing) and lined up Goliath and a few others that have had good reviews.
    I've been a netflix user for years the content was getting a little stale, for a similar price to my mexiflix 4k subscription I get new prime content and can rejoin netflix if I miss something.
    In the meantime I get my toilet roll delivered within two days for free :)  and new movies to watch without any real downside..

What about the list of justwatch.com The lists appear to be different for Ireland and UK. UK link Change uk to ie in the URL for the Irish list. On mobile so someone else might report back that the list is accurate?
    newo wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭T-Bird

banie01 wrote: »
    It is, but you need to use Revolut and a UK address(Parcel Motel works as does any other with the correct post code.)
    When the music app asks for your Card details, create a vitrual card in the Revolut app and use that card number.
    It verifies as UK and the app works as normal.

Got this to work with Revolut Visa & PW address. It didnt work with Revolut Mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Damien85

I don't have a list but tbh, I've watched a few movies (including suffering through dirty dancing)

I too suffered through Dirty Dancing on amazon, however the suffering I experienced was awful sound quality (like it was being broadcast down a tunnel), it didn't seem to affect many other things I watched, but it didn't bode well for it to be honest.

Did anyone else experience quality issues on prime video? I was watching on a PS4 if that makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

Hi banie01 - you say you "request UK Prime Video from the support team" - are you talking about phoning them to do this? What did you say, sorry I've moved and I am not getting the UK content?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Hi banie01 - you say you "request UK Prime Video from the support team" - are you talking about phoning them to do this? What did you say, sorry I've moved and I am not getting the UK content?

Use live chat. Say you currently have international prime video, have moved and want to update to prime video UK. In the chat they will ask for your UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Wheety wrote: »

If you're a real student they'll accept proof you're in an Irish university/college despite their website saying UK only - another page on the site says "UK or Republic of Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SteM

Apt8 wrote: »

I've watched through all 9 seasons on prime video.

Into the badlands
    Mr robot
    The Americans
    Preacher
    Vikings
    The night manager
    Man in the high castle
    The looming tower

have all been worth a look but the movie selection is pretty poor imo. The service reminds me a lot of Netflix 4 or 5 years ago.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    I've watched through all 9 seasons on prime video.

Into the badlands
    Mr robot
    The Americans
    Preacher
    Vikings
    The night manager
    Man in the high castle
    The looming tower

have all been worth a look but the movie selection is pretty poor imo. The service reminds me a lot of Netflix 4 or 5 years ago.

I've "downloaded" most of those not because I want to pirate stuff but because my connection is so slow I can't stream reliably.

Even if I could stream the main reason for me for paying for Prime is to get stuff in a reasonable time. I wouldn't pay for any of the other stuff they are throwing in with the free 2 day delivery but some of it helps cover the cost of Prime membership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement