Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend an intermediate recurve.

• 29-06-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

I shot for a few years back for the GMIT team. Probably over 10 years since I've shot.

Im looking to get back into it now. Planning to join an 18m range club near me. What's a good riser and limbs set for me to start back with?

Im 6ft1 male.

I don't remember how to decide on the limb size or what I used to shoot with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

You'll need to do your measurements again.

Measure your wingspan. Arms out tip of fingers to tip of fingers in inches and divide that by 2.5. Thats your draw length.

From that you can get your bow length. Probably a 68 (standard 25 inch riser with medium limbs) Or 70 if your draw length is over 30 inches (25 inch riser and long limbs).

You'll be looking at mid range draw weight. So 30-36 would prob suit but if you haven't shot in a while lighter may be better.

Check the archery Ireland buy an sell page on Facebook for a second hand deal.

Advertisement