Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

I cancelled disney life last month and just re subscribed there with 3 pay. It charged me 6.99, up 50c. But then when I tried to log in it says my disney life account is not active that I need to resubscribe, but then wont let me. Gits still charged me though.

Do I contact Google or Disney for a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I cancelled disney life last month and just re subscribed there with 3 pay. It charged me 6.99, up 50c. But then when I tried to log in it says my disney life account is not active that I need to resubscribe, but then wont let me. Gits still charged me though.

Do I contact Google or Disney for a refund?

Try Google first. You can contact them via chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

Seems like you can no longer pay for youtube premium with credit on Vodafone

Might have posted already and apologies if so.

Seems like you can no longer pay for youtube premium with credit on Vodafone

Might have posted already and apologies if so.

Yeah seems to be blocked for some but available to others (possibly if they were previous subscribers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

carbsy wrote: »
    Hmmm I'll have to try it again then! Thx

Edit.. just tried and it's asking for €10.99 p/m hmmmm

Weird...I just went to sign up a new account to see and got this:

xczLSAB.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone found an Ad Blocker that accepts 3 Mobile credit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone found an Ad Blocker that accepts 3 Mobile credit ?

Ya wha?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Looks like DisneyLife (currently €6.99 per month by credit) will be getting re-branded to Disney+, so I don't see them doing away with the pay by credit when it's launched.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/disneylife-disney-plus-uk-plans-134202447.html

I might sign up for the free week before the launch, and then cancel if it doesn't work before the first charge hits.

For those considering signing up to DisneyLife now using their credit, I did a little digging around and found this article...

https://www.businessinsider.com/disney-plus-uk-launch?r=US&IR=T
    Subscriptions for current members will automatically close on the next billing date following March 23, 2020. DisneyLife subscriptions will not automatically transition into Disney Plus subscriptions, so if you're still interested in streaming Disney content, you will have to sign up for a new Disney Plus account on your own.

After today (29 Feb) they are no longer renewing monthly subscriptions.

It would seem that Disney Life accounts will be allowed to die off rather than be transitioned to Disney Plus, so we probably just need to wait until the new app is out on Play Store before we know if we can subscribe via credit.

And also from Disney themselves...

https://support.disney.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360040080491-Important-update-about-your-DisneyLife-subscription
    Please note that your account transition from DisneyLife to Disney+ is not automated. You’ll have to sign up for a Disney+ subscription. When Disney+ goes live on 24 March 2020, you can download the Disney+ app on your favourite devices, create a new account to log in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

FFVII wrote: »
    Ya wha?

Glad to see you are using your time on Boards intelligently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

mrcheez wrote: »
    ...DisneyLife subscriptions will not automatically transition into Disney Plus subscriptions

Thanks a mill for this info, I'd looked myself but not found it. Very useful to know :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for this info, I'd looked myself but not found it. Very useful to know :)

It was pretty hard to find.

Most of my initial searches gave results like "a decision on what will happen with DisneyLife accounts will be announced soon"

The successful search keyword seemed to be "transition" rather than "migration" or "upgrade"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Weird...I just went to sign up a new account to see and got this:

xczLSAB.jpg

Hmmm perplexed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Are there any language apps like Duolingo that accept credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Why the requests to spend credit on things when the best are free?

That's 2 now.

FFVII wrote: »
    Why the requests to spend credit on things when the best are free?

In what way is Duolingo better than, for example, Duolingo Plus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

In what way is Duolingo better than, for example, Duolingo Plus?

Just to confirm, you can get Duolingo plus using 3 credit, but only the monthly rate which isn't as good value as the annual or 6 month subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

My payment for my YouTube subscription just bounced. I'm on three and was using my credit to pay for it. Anyone else get the same email from YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

recyclebin wrote: »
    My payment for my YouTube subscription just bounced. I'm on three and was using my credit to pay for it. Anyone else get the same email from YouTube?

Have you checked your balance? Mine bounced to and when I checked my credit balance it had dropped from €40 odd to €10. I contacted 3 but it takes 3 days to get a usage report. Have no idea where it could have all gone.

Slightly off topic, but for those subscribers to Shudder I've created a thread to keep track of any noteworthy releases, so join in ;)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058060673/1/#post112787832

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Have you checked your balance? Mine bounced to and when I checked my credit balance it had dropped from €40 odd to €10. I contacted 3 but it takes 3 days to get a usage report. Have no idea where it could have all gone.

Not sure if it was definitely taken from my credit or not. I did get a text message from Google Play thanking me for my payment and also got a text from Three letting me know of the charge to mobile purchase. These texts both came at 6am whereas the email came at 5:58am.

• Advertisement

The Irish Cancer Society has had to cancel Daffodil Day because of Corona virus. This means an a huge hit financially. Many of their services rely on Daffodil Day donations. Please donate €4 now by texting CANCER to 50300.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Not sure if it was definitely taken from my credit or not. I did get a text message from Google Play thanking me for my payment and also got a text from Three letting me know of the charge to mobile purchase. These texts both came at 6am whereas the email came at 5:58am.

I got my usage report today and within 5 minutes YouTube charged me 3 times, so I'm not sure how they're saying my payment bounced, at least I know where my credit went.

The Irish Cancer Society has had to cancel Daffodil Day because of Corona virus. This means an a huge hit financially. Many of their services rely on Daffodil Day donations. Please donate €4 now by texting CANCER to 50300.

There are some terms and conditions on the text donations:
    - Make sure not to include anything else in your text message.
    - You can donate three times per keyword in any 24 hour period.
    - The service is limited to the Republic of Ireland.

The Irish Cancer Society has a number of different keywords if you want to donate more than €12 per day:
    CANCER - €4
    CENTRA - €4
    DAF - €4
    DAFF - €4
    DAFFODIL - €4
    DARE - €4
    PINK - €4
    RELAY - €4

There are also lots of other charities listed here:
    https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

Texts cost €2, €4 or €6. Charities receive a minimum of €1.80 of €2, €3.60 of €4 and €5.40 of €6. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 0766805278

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Babbel worked for me a year ago. Miles better than Duolingo. Hope it still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is three carrier billing down? Showing as unavailable for me and missus

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is three carrier billing down? Showing as unavailable for me and missus
    There were serious issues earlier at least with three Network so could be related

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

The issue also affects premium SMS. When I tried the above Irish Cancer Society donation by text, I got a response saying: Your donation was not processed, please contact your network provider.

There are still high reports of issues with the Three network on Downdetector:
    https://downdetector.ie/status/3/

Update (13th May): The Irish Cancer Society donation by text worked today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I bought a Three SIM as a data backup & used it to buy a months sub to NordVPN. I got charged but Nord have no recollection of my payment. Going on 4 days now....

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

editorsean wrote: »
    The issue also affects premium SMS. When I tried the above Irish Cancer Society donation by text, I got a response saying: Your donation was not processed, please contact your network provider.

There are still high reports of issues with the Three network on Downdetector:
    https://downdetector.ie/status/3/

Update (13th May): The Irish Cancer Society donation by text worked today.

They updated stuff recently when they went down for the upgrade. No surprise there's teething issues...
    Seems to be fairly constant updates on weekends.
    Things like these cost them money so I doubt they devote serious resources to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not rolled out yet, but transparent languages is free for public library members

Advertisement