Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭leath_dub

I missed the start of this - Is that the Israeli ambassador on PK again today?

Why?

She is a perpetual liar and borderline psychopath

Different day, same script

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ya she is on again.Would make you sick listening to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭leath_dub

She had a slip of the tongue there: "we don't want to see any more Palestinians safe"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nothing to see here, because they had a genocide carried out on them, it's fine to them to genocide other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I was listening to the last segment today, a kind of Friday Forum for the big stories of the year.

There was a woman called Holly on and I assumed it was the bould Holly Cairnes such was the right-on BS take she had on everything.

At the end of the show Pat thanked the guests and it turned out it was Holly Carpenter who was the guest. Yes, that Holly Carpenter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Didn't get to listen but was intrigued when you said "that" Holly Carpenter... I've googled her and I'm still saying "who?" rather than That.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not sure what your point is.

Is it that you just don't like smart, successful, well spoken women called Holly ?

Some sort of model, never heard of her before.

Being "right on" and blending into the background of blandness is NT's ideal talking head anyhow and the Friday Forum is by and large where the great and the good are gathered to pat one another on the back and smell one another's farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why doesn’t Pat ever just ask her what her opinions are on “settlers” in the West Bank killing Palestinians and Israeli bulldozers illegally robbing Palestinian land??????

I guarantee she would have no answer.

He is weak and clueless. He has tried so hard to land a slam dunk on her for months but she has the better of him every time.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Didn’t get granny have an affair with Haughey?

• Advertisement

I guarantee you she would have an answer.

An answer so long and convoluted that she would almost have you convinced that the settlers were doing the Palestinians a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭fire_man

How long do you reckon Pat will stay on at this gig?Would he be on big salary at NT.I suppose hard to walk away from that level of income.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

What was it the Israeli Ambassador said in the interview when Pat pushed her on her claims saying its unproven because journalists are not allowed in.

Her reply was we should trust Israels words because it is a democratic country.

Now being reported they lied about the Hamas base in the major hospital.

We should not believe a single word from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

I was waiting for the question. Though of anyone he might ask it. Never came. Disappointing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ivan Yates standing in for Pat all this week. Great to hear him back on the air again.

The tide is turning…

Ivan horrified he couldn't get a carvery lunch or a proper toilet in Japan. You can take the man out of the bog...

I would have thought Japan were still miles ahead of everyone in the field of toilet “technology” even back in the 80’s/90’s.

It’ll turn out Ivan was thinking of rural Vietnam or someplace. A most unedifying experience with the squatting hole.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭RINO87

One of the greatest wind up merchants going. He's brilliant at it and people fall hook line and sinker every time!! Nice to hear him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I particularly like when he presents a political show gently pulls the rug from under politicians from all sides, while laughing away to himself.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

As much as I dislike the Israeli Ambassador to Ireland, I was hoping she would be on this morning so that we could see how Ivan would react to her rhetoric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I love Ivan, but he has the most annoying guests imaginable on today

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

This one’s voice can be used to cut marble counter tops

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'd say they were afraid to let Kathleen do her usual Friday sports slot today as they knew Ivan would likely say something that would make her look foolish.

Ivan doing a good job so far today, my first day listening this week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

He has a new podcast with Matt cooper for political goings on for 2024, only listened to promo episode but see new one has downloaded. Could be good, in promo he said he’d friends who in 2022 would have taken in Ukrainians but now are sayin we have to halt/slow incomings y til proper systems in place to deal and help with numbers. He said none of these are ‘right wing’ or racist. Now I’m paraphrasing as it was a few weeks back. But first I’ve heard speak how I and most friends feel atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

Declan Power giving Paul Murphy an absolute kicking over Murphy's conspiracy theories about European defence policy.

Closing off a street to stop the "auntie social behaviour", ffs really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I turned on this morning, heard paul murphy and immediately turned off. so he makes a fool of himself yet again ? and worth a listen back ?

• Advertisement

Well he is consistent but the problem is he's consistently wrong on this issue.

Complaining about expenditure on munitions when Putin has his boot on the Ukrainian's neck is not a sustainable argument.

Just as an aside by turning off the radio you missed the other contributors as well.

Advertisement