Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The Offence really need to sit down with the Defence and get some tips on scoring touchdowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Raphael wrote: »
    The Offence really need to sit down with the Defence and get some tips on scoring touchdowns.

It's strange isn't it? The defence is awful and gives up a million yards a game but they've now got 3 TDs now as well.

Maybe we could try swapping the two teams around? Not like it could make things any worse... =/

Maybe we could try swapping the two teams around? Not like it could make things any worse... =/

This is bad. The Raiders are a team that is pretty poor anyway and is without its 1st choice QB and is now without its star RB and a it's starting full back but they're still controlling the ball.

And we manage to win a game. Woo.

On the plus side, the rest of the NFC East is having a hard time - The whole division lost today. Might not be about being the best for us, just the least ****. No way anyone out of that division is taking a wildcard though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

And we manage to win a game. Woo.

On the plus side, the rest of the NFC East is having a hard time - The whole division lost today. Might not be about being the best for us, just the least ****. No way anyone out of that division is taking a wildcard though.

Who cares about a wild card one win behind the division lead now! :-)

Romo/Bryant are going to destroy the secondary next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Romo/Bryant are going to destroy the secondary next week.

Me and you would destroy our secoundary:D

Yeah, any optimism I had about next week faded fast during that last game. ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Yeah, any optimism I had about next week faded fast during that last game. ****...

Imo it would be exactly like Dallas to go out after that next week and play like total ****. I nearly expect it tbh.

• Advertisement

For some reason you guys seem pessimistic. Did you see Dallas's defence? As bad if not worse than ours, the Broncos defence was abysmal last night. I'm looking forward to a 42 - 35 victory

I wonder what possible reason we could have to be pessimistic =p

I wonder what possible reason we could have to be pessimistic =p

well if your a redskins fan its part of the DNA!

Seriously I think we get one over on Romo next week. As long a we keep it close coming into the stretch Tony will do what Tony does .. throw an interception or two.

I will say one thing for our Defence this year, they're a pretty decent Offence, so if Romo tosses them the ball, they should do well with it.

Hopefully, RGIII is getting closer to 100% and now that's he's had 4 games and a week off, he'll be better than he has been so far. If he still can't out run linebackers who chase him out of the pocket which he hasn't been able to do so far, they don't have a chance.

So who's your money on in the D'Angelo Hall vs. Dez Bryant match up?

Not happy with RGIII saying he's deliberately looking for late hits when he gets to the sideline. We al know he's doing it but for God's sake, don't say it. He'll get pummelled this week and the refs will keep their flags in the pockets.

Never mind his performances on the field, he's gone from last year being a very mature for his age player, saying the right things and being a credit to himself to this year saying stupid stuff and being an embarrassment

Anyone watch that game? I gotta say, I expected the Bears to take us to pieces, was pleasantly surprised. Though as a a Morris owner in Fantasy, I don't think I like Helu Jr anymore.

Anyone watch that game? I gotta say, I expected the Bears to take us to pieces, was pleasantly surprised. Though as a a Morris owner in Fantasy, I don't think I like Helu Jr anymore.

Happy with the win but there is still plenty to be worried about: Merriweather being a tool for starters, poor tackling, giving up big plays etc.

You gotta remember that half the Bears' starters were on the sidelines for the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Looks like meriweather is gonna get at least a 1 game ban

It's official, 2 weeks out. Hopefully it gets him to cop the **** on.

• Advertisement

Not happy with RGIII saying he's deliberately looking for late hits when he gets to the sideline. We al know he's doing it but for God's sake, don't say it. He'll get pummelled this week and the refs will keep their flags in the pockets.

Never mind his performances on the field, he's gone from last year being a very mature for his age player, saying the right things and being a credit to himself to this year saying stupid stuff and being an embarrassment

I think your being overly critical here.

Redskins looked decent at the weekend but the bears really were banged up.

This may sound crazy but we could win the next four. We can score points against this Denver pass defence just not sure the defence can hold Manning coming off an emotional loss. I would not like to playing Fantasy against him next week.

That said after Denver we have Chargers, Minny and Philly so we could turn into week 11 at 5-5 and then have probably 4 winnable games of the 6 remaining so 9-7 finish good enough for the division lead? Probably not.

I would not put money on us next week, no way. The next 3 weeks, sure, but I really don't think we have our **** together enough to put up a fight against this seasons Broncos.

I would not put money on us next week, no way. The next 3 weeks, sure, but I really don't think we have our **** together enough to put up a fight against this seasons Broncos.

the Broncos pass d is terrible, jordan Reed looks the real deal and with Garcon , Helu and Morris I actually think we might score a bit against them. Probably not enough to win but hey there is always a chance.

Love the overs in the game anyway! :-)

It could be a high scoring game alright, but I'd be shocked if we end up with the higher one.

It's official, 2 weeks out. Hopefully it gets him to cop the **** on.

I'm not too upset about this. While they don't have anyone to replace him and Peyton will probably rip Bacari Rambo or whoever plays in his place to pieces but you can't keep giving up 15 yard penalties for unsportsmanlike contact. It's killing the team. It's not like they were bad calls and he got hosed by the refs either. He seriously needs to sit down and figure out how to tackle in the new NFL.

Whohoo. A stop on defence!

Kirk Cousins time next Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

the Broncos pass d is terrible, jordan Reed looks the real deal and with Garcon , Helu and Morris I actually think we might score a bit against them. Probably not enough to win but hey there is always a chance.
    Well the Broncos defence battered RG3 all game, picked off four passes and Griffin had 132 passing yards - not bad for a team with a 'terrible' pass d.

Well the Broncos defence battered RG3 all game, picked off four passes and Griffin had 132 passing yards - not bad for a team with a 'terrible' pass d.

Your right it was a very good game for the Worst Pass Defence in the league, definitely upped their game but were helped by a really ineffective RGIII

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

So lads how are yee fixed for Sunday?, optimistic or do you think the Bolts will have your number. Our O has been great but our pass D is terrible so RG3 should have a better time of it.

Advertisement