Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

jeawan wrote: »
    Chest matching?

It was a System to match the colour to you chest plate armour you wore so th at all bit would match instead of the wow clown look

That's a great idea

By the way, does anyone know a good site like mom-champ for tor?

Bioware wiped there forums and I wanted to read what people thought of some imperial classes at lv50 doing pve e.g. Specs & ease of rotations

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bioware wiped there forums and I wanted to read what people thought of some imperial classes at lv50 doing pve e.g. Specs & ease of rotations

Im using these

http://www.torhead.com/
    http://www.wikiswtor.com/SWTOR_Wiki
    http://liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/
    http://db.darthhater.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

That's a great idea

Indeed it was, but apparently BioWare felt it took away from the enjoyment of watching your gear progress if you didn't gush over the fact these new boots looked slightly different to your old ones so they removed it. Never mind that more than 95% of beta testers told them not to, and when it got to the regular forums 95% of the posters there agreed with the beta testers, apparently BioWare knows what we want better than we do. (I'd make a comment about epeening WoW kiddies but meh)

Now we get to run around looking like hobos with our mismatched suits at launch because there's no chest-matching, dye system or alternate appearance tab to help unify a character's look. As I said, there is a system coming to replace it but as usual BioWare say they can't give out even a rough estimate of when that might be because they don't like deadlines. :rolleyes:

There is the mod system I suppose but that's really not anywhere near a proper customisation system and does if I recall correctly require you to either be or have access to a high level armor crafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It doesn't really - once you find a nice moddable set, you can just pop the mods out of anything (other than purples) that you find and put them into it - it's what I'll be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

www.darthhater.com is probably the 'main' fansite. They've actually just put up an interview they did here with a guild that managed to clear the first raid in beta. I haven't watched it yet, but it's an hour long so should give you some idea of how end game stuff plays out.

Raphael wrote: »
    It doesn't really - once you find a nice moddable set, you can just pop the mods out of anything (other than purples) that you find and put them into it - it's what I'll be doing.

Is that just purples though or purples and above Raph? (Didn't play high enough to use beyond blues in mod gear) If it's the latter you're essentially forcing people to choose between the look they like vs better bonuses.

I don't know, for me, coming from WAR where there was both dyes and an alternate appearance feature back in 2010 it just seems unbelievable that TOR haven't managed to do the same and improve it yet again. And the one thing they did do which everyone liked was removed because BioWare effectively felt their work wasn't being appreciated outside of "Oh, higher stats". I really enjoyed the game when I was playing it, but the more critically I look at from a mechanical point of view there just seems to be a lot of standard features missing.

What was their official response on no combat log/damage meters and threat indicator?

Is that just purples though or purples and above Raph? (Didn't play high enough to use beyond blues in mod gear) If it's the latter you're essentially forcing people to choose between the look they like vs better bonuses.

I don't know, for me, coming from WAR where there was both dyes and an alternate appearance feature back in 2010 it just seems unbelievable that TOR haven't managed to do the same and improve it yet again. And the one thing they did do which everyone liked was removed because BioWare effectively felt their work wasn't being appreciated outside of "Oh, higher stats". I really enjoyed the game when I was playing it, but the more critically I look at from a mechanical point of view there just seems to be a lot of standard features missing.
    There's nothing above purples at the moment, and you can pop most of the mods out of purples - everything but the armouring/barrel/hilt. And you can get those mods crafted elsewhere.

Ah good to know. Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

http://www.swtor.com/guilds

Server for you guild can be checked here!!! Its being hammered at the moment but keep trying!

People who are in Erin Go Bragh guild on website are assigned to Server Basilisk Droid. Hopefully ATT are on the same?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I still need a guild :P Usually I play solo til i am halfway to endgame then search for a guild but this time I might just try find one early :P

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

Honour Guard:

Assigned to Server Basilisk Droid

Hope some of you are on the same server :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

TheDoc wrote: »
    From looking at my account it says Erin Go Bragh is the name of an empire guild, so is that going ahead? I'm not aware of an ATT named SWTOR guild unless witless made one

says EGB are empire here?

red_ice wrote: »

Keep this to the guilds or servers threads, that's what we have them for mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

red_ice wrote: »

Turns out there is an ATT guild for empire, witless probs running that

Havnt made a guild yet with the guys I'm playing with, probably do it ingame, didnt want to get stuck into a server.

ATT has me deployed to Basilisk Droid so I hope I'm not locked to it soemthing stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,839 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is there suppose to be a code out today for the people who pre-ordered the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Headshot wrote: »
    Is there suppose to be a code out today for the people who pre-ordered the game?

no, u should have gotten ur preorder code on the day u preordered, u then get another code later for launch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone know when you can pickup your gathering/crafting skills? Just wondering if it's possible to go to a 'capital city' as such, and pick them up straight away, or if you need to wait till lvl10 (or something similar).

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know when you can pickup your gathering/crafting skills? Just wondering if it's possible to go to a 'capital city' as such, and pick them up straight away, or if you need to wait till lvl10 (or something similar).

you can only pick them up after you complete you 1-10 level areas as your companions will not be with you at that stage you can train them on the Fleet or on the main cities

• Advertisement

Can't you get gathering skills yourself though? Or are they reliant on your companion?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Can't you get gathering skills yourself though? Or are they reliant on your companion?

No man your companion does all your crafting and gathering , mind you you can gather resources if they are off doing there missions and crafting but i never say resources till the main cities quest areas .

You can get your skills earlier - just go up to the Fleet as soona s you can. Talking to all the crew skill trainers also gets you from level 1 to 4.

You can gather from pickups, or from skinning (strong+ droids or beasts, for scavenging or bio). Never saw any nodes on the starter world, but I got some good mats from droids.

You can also reverse engineer (disenchant) some drops into mats, better than vendoring them.

Honestly, scavenging missions are a really bad idea as your primary way of getting mats - you will run out of money so fast. Pick up from the world, use missions to fill urgent gaps, or get stuff you've gone way beyond if you're crafting for alts/mates.

Crafting and Mission skills require companions to do stuff - but you get your companions before you get to the fleet.

You can also jump straight up there and get your AC once you hit lvl 10, no need to wait till you're directed.

So would you say it's a good idea to go to Fleet straight away and get them, or if the benefit not worth the effort early on?

So would you say it's a good idea to go to Fleet straight away and get them, or if the benefit not worth the effort early on?

Wait until you are ready to go to the fleet to go, you will get there around level 10 or 11, a small tip for when you are there, speak to every crew skill trainer as you get exp for speaking to them, after speaking to them all you get nearly half a level :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It'll be fairly limited as to how useful it is. The GTN (equivalent of AH) hasn't really kicked off yet, so the market isn't there yet to sell off the extra stuff you'd create and since you don't have your companion yet, you can't even send them off to farm stuff for you.

Blowfish wrote: »
    It'll be fairly limited as to how useful it is. The GTN (equivalent of AH) hasn't really kicked off yet, so the market isn't there yet to sell off the extra stuff you'd create and since you don't have your companion yet, you can't even send them off to farm stuff for you.

Which is a major gold sink, at around 100 skill its costing me 300 or so to send them off that's 600 every 2 mins or so, it really drains your credits I wasn't watching but ive gone quite low

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

What's the story with the actual game disc? Will we need it after the 20th or will we be able to enter a code in the box and not use the disc?

Mr. K wrote: »
    What's the story with the actual game disc? Will we need it after the 20th or will we be able to enter a code in the box and not use the disc?

You can pre-load the game so you only need the cd-key :pac:

• Advertisement

Warzones reward really nice exp and credits :cool:

Advertisement