Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoZdJwlqmGg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Anyone got access to the Irish Farmers Journal site?
    100000 farmers' guns at risk from lead ban
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/100-000-farmers-guns-at-risk-from-lead-ban-464110

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Same article...https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/forestry-enviro/environment/over-100000-guns-could-be-banned-under-new-eu-rules-38117388.html?fbclid=IwAR1Tr37NTCy7UkZTDb5Yw1SfmcQAwAus9pOZlAQUBaOQfIp-eFgmR6KxIxg

TBH the bigger problem would be the ban on lead use over "wetlands" Which under EU definition would be 80% of Ireland,as our fields with poor drainage would fit into about a dozen definitions of "wetland".
    We have EU elections coming up folks,make sure your prospective MEP hears about this.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

The usual Bagdad Broadcasting Central [BBC] anti gun hyper drivel.But this is a critical kick tomrrow for all of Europe too.If the swiss follow the EU diktat,they will lose ,a long held right and tradition.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48299708?fbclid=IwAR2nr1ggzHies2TFPvCs6mc0mhtrbLE1ueNFSTZmcCG8AnmQcILRHtQ09lM

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/05/17/gun-control-vote-switzerland-may-19-could-take-away-swiss-weapons/1186889001/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

:( indeed. I blame the French-speaking cantons for this. Back-stabbing b*st*rds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

A post explaining things from Bloke on the range, on youtube.

Bloke on the Range
    1 hour ago
    A quick (heh) FAQ:

Yes, unfortunately we lost the referendum. The new law is likely to enter into force on 1 July (people have been saying 1 June, but the Bericht des Bundesrates says 1 July).

Yes, this sucks.

Yes, it could have been far, far worse - initial drafts of the law were jaw-droppingly bad. Small mercies and all that...

No, this will not affect the continued existence of BotR. We will keep calm and carry on.

Yes, this will be a bit more of a PITA for acquiring semiauto rifles with 11+ round magazines or pistols with 21+ round magazines in the future. Cost mostly. And having to prove you're a sports shooter (club membership or regular private range shooting, no German-style nonsense with "disciplines" though) or collector.

No, "collector" is not defined. So each canton will make it up for themselves.

Yes, buying exactly the same firearm with a smaller magazine is unaffected.

Yes, it's whether the firearms is equipped with such a magazine, not whether it's capable of receiving one.

No, what "equipped with" actually means isn't finalised (the rules contained a provision that was clearly unworkable and would have criminalised 2 people sharing a car to the range if 1 had a 10-round Stgw 90 and the other a 20-round Stgw 90. Hopefully that definition will go away).

No, affected firearms already acquired before entry into force are unaffected.

No, there is no change with respect to full auto or downconversions from full auto.

Yes, there's a variant of an SBR law coming in - semiauto rifles which can be folded or telescoped down to under 60cm OAL without losing function are affected too. The wording doesn't affect fixed stock carbines that are always below 60cm OAL and doesn't seem to affect folders/telescopers which are already below 60cm OAL with the stock deployed.

Yes, this will probably result in newly-sold short rifles having their stocks fixed or a firing mechanism disconnect built in.

Yes, I have bought ahead pretty much everything affected I think I need for the channel.

No, we won't be doing a video on this until the Implementing Regulations ("Waffenverordnung") are finalised, cos there are too many loose ends at the moment. I'm planning on doing it with Ines Elena Kessler who did excellent work as a leading light of the No campaign in the media and is part of the Kessler Auktionen family.

No, we won't be relocating to the US just yet :)

Yes, the EU are extremely likely to come back in a few years' time for another bite at the apple.

Yes, if you have a general question not in this list, the answer is likely "we don't know yet" cos the Waffenverordnung hasn't been finalised.

Thank you for your attention

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I see the Offensive Weapons act of 2019 has been signed into law in the UK.

The Act introduces new prohibitions under the Firearms Act 1968 on certain rapid-firing rifles, including lever release and MARS rifles.

Prohibited “rapid firing rifles” are those with a chamber from which empty cartridge cases are extracted using (i) energy from propellant gas, or (ii) energy imparted to a spring or other energy storage device by propellant gas, except for anything chambered in .22 rimfire (which i don't know if it covers magnums, etc).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

oldgit1897 wrote: »

Yes, the EU are extremely likely to come back in a few years' time for another bite at the apple.

And we must be ready for them again in 2020.IOW next year when the directive is under review.Folks,I'm blue in the face in saying this.But you MUST support both FUN and FACE as much as possible...They are your lobby groups where it counts now.Do not expect the lot in Dubblin to help at all.They are a bunch of EU Yes men and have nowadays as much power and influence as the Ballymagash town council[For those of you who remember Halls pictorial weekly:pac:]

Cass wrote: »
    I see the Offensive Weapons act of 2019 has been signed into law in the UK.

Pity they cant export them...They would have been good craic over here,as they arent semi auto rifles per se.So it would be an intresting liscense job.

Anyhoo did you see the planned protest about handing them in. Strip them of any accessories and other parts that can be used as a rebuild,and paint the remainder PINK! So it will preclude any chance of some police cheif and smirking politican doing a press conference with a whole pile of scary" black assault rifles that have been taken off the streets that might fall into criminal hands" type PR event without them looking like utter tools surrounded by heaps of pink guns.:D

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Pity they cant export them...They would have been good craic over here,as they arent semi auto rifles per se.So it would be an intresting liscense job.

Anyhoo did you see the planned protest about handing them in. Strip them of any accessories and other parts that can be used as a rebuild,and paint the remainder PINK! So it will preclude any chance of some police cheif and smirking politican doing a press conference with a whole pile of scary" black assault rifles that have been taken off the streets that might fall into criminal hands" type PR event without them looking like utter tools surrounded by heaps of pink guns.:D

Our legally-owned rifles that are erroneously called 'assault rifles' are not ON the streets. When not in use on a range, they are securely locked up.

I made no accusation or at the very least none intentionally. This group has sided with the view of the Gov./EU in that lead should be banned. As this goes against the stance of the majority of the shooting community and the various groups comprising that community then it stands to reason they (the group mentioned) is against "us".

The same thing happened 10 years ago when the NASRPC tried to privatize/control pistol shooting. When the NARGC tried to have semi auto shotguns and centrefire rifles banned, and 22lr pistols all but banned. When the deer crowd tried to monopolize mandatory training. When the IFA agreed with a ban on semi auto centrefire rifles.

IOW groups within our community who through their own agenda or simple ignorance of the consequences of their actions put them on the side of those seeking to make these restrictions and against the majority will or the shooting community.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭rugerfanatic

My point is "they", or some segment of "them", may agree with PTB on lead but that does not mean "they/them" are against the rest of "us". To me, it's more so "they" don't agree with "us" on this issue, for whatever reason.
    I made no accusation or at the very least none intentionally. This group has sided with the view of the Gov./EU in that lead should be banned. As this goes against the stance of the majority of the shooting community and the various groups comprising that community then it stands to reason they (the group mentioned) is against "us".

Personally, I don't think saying they've defected to PTB is fair. I may be wrong as I know nothing of "them" per say. I do however think their position on lead is strange condisering what they purport to represent.
    The same thing happened 10 years ago when the NASRPC tried to privatize/control pistol shooting. When the NARGC tried to have semi auto shotguns and centrefire rifles banned, and 22lr pistols all but banned. When the deer crowd tried to monopolize mandatory training. When the IFA agreed with a ban on semi auto centrefire rifles.

TBH, it was certain elements within those organisations more so than the whole organisation IIRC.
    IOW groups within our community who through their own agenda or simple ignorance of the consequences of their actions put them on the side of those seeking to make these restrictions and against the majority will or the shooting community.

One could make that argument about reloading in Midlands?

My point is "they", or some segment of "them", may agree with PTB on lead but that does not mean "they/them" are against the rest of "us". To me, it's more so "they" don't agree with "us" on this issue, for whatever reason.
    The admins of that page put it up so its a safe bet the "top table" of that group believe in a lead ban.

Whatever their reasons its irrelevant. It'll decimate shooting sports in this country and as a group that claims to be made up of sporting right owners they'll find themselves obsolete overnight as there will be no shooting sports.
    Personally, I don't think saying they've defected to PTB is fair. I may be wrong as I know nothing of "them" per say. I do however think their position on lead is strange condisering what they purport to represent.
    I didn't say they defected i said they agree with the lead ban and that is not an opinion it's a fact. They have said those exact words. So i'm confused as to how you believe thee is room for interpretation in this.
    TBH, it was certain elements within those organisations more so than the whole organisation IIRC.
    It wasn't the members, it was the committee, and to be more accurate a few within the committee in senior level. However it does not negate the damage it could have done had those proposals been implemented. Who was responsible would have been moot at that point, the fact is they still tried it.
    One could make that argument about reloading in Midlands?
    Go for it so.

I've had this argument for years and years and not once has anyone followed through and explained this accusation. So tell me how reloading at the midlands was a selfish agenda by one group to the detriment of others?

I'll remind you that the offer of reloading was issued by the DoJ to ALL shooting bodies/groups/organisations and only the NRAI, not the Midlands range, responded with "yes, we want it". NASRPC, NARGC, ICPSA, Pony Club, etc, etc all refused it.

Think about that, they refused it. It was such a surprise to the DoJ they extended the invitation for applications for another three months and included individual applications. No one else applied.

Our discussion re this organisation & lead has run it's course as far as I can see.

I refer you to your comments that prompted me to ask was reloading in Midlands a possible sell out of the bigger shooting community.

In the same way as you referred to what NASRPC tried to do with pistol shooting Midlands submitted a request for reloading for F Class shooting. They didn't tell the rest of the shooting community what they were doing as far as I know. Is thre any difference between these situations?

To get a "pilot reloading scheme" Midlands agreed (I understand that they had to as PTB held all the cards) to everything the PTB requested. This has set a precedent which in my opinion is & will stop the rest of "us" from being allowed to reolad. This pilot scheme was sold to the rest of us as a way to convince DOJ that reloading was safe & at some future time we'd all be allowed do it as most other EU countries do. So at the moment Midlands is the only way I can reload & that's supposedly only for F Class shooting. So my point is Midlands may be inadvertantly stopping an hope of us mere mortals ever being allowed to reload outside Midlands or a similar set-up.

Our discussion re this organisation & lead has run it's course as far as I can see.
    Exactly as i said above:
    Cass wrote:
    I've had this argument for years and years and not once has anyone followed through and explained this accusation. So tell me how reloading at the midlands was a selfish agenda by one group to the detriment of others?
    In the same way as you referred to what NASRPC tried to do with pistol shooting Midlands submitted a request for reloading for F Class shooting. They didn't tell the rest of the shooting community what they were doing as far as I know.
    I've highlighted your problem. Your belief is wrong.

What obligation had the NRAI to tell anyone they were applying seeing as how it was not a secret and the DoJ issued an open invitation for applicants. They even took out an advert to remind people/groups to apply.

NO ONE ELSE APPLIED. NOT ONE.
    Is thre any difference between these situations?
    I don't recall the Minister, Gardai or DoJ ever saying we didn't need reloading or that there should only be 300 pistols in Ireland and we all had to apprentice to a bunch of lads for a year to qualify to apply for a licence for one. As for reloading I explained it only a post ago:
    Cass wrote:
    I'll remind you that the offer of reloading was issued by the DoJ to ALL shooting bodies/groups/organisations and only the NRAI, not the Midlands range, responded with "yes, we want it". NASRPC, NARGC, ICPSA, Pony Club, etc, etc all refused it.
    The Midlands did NOT apply for it, the NRAI did. It is simply carried out on the Midlands range. It's why not everyone can reload just by being a Midlands member and why it's only for F-Class because that is what the NRAI are NGBs off.
    To get a "pilot reloading scheme" Midlands agreed (I understand that they had to as PTB held all the cards) to everything the PTB requested. This has set a precedent which in my opinion is & will stop the rest of "us" from being allowed to reolad.
    How is that the fault of the NRAI?

If they refused to abide by the regulations, which changed year on year for nearly 7 years, set out for them by the DoJ reloading would be gone, FOR EVERYONE.
    This pilot scheme was sold to the rest of us as a way to convince DOJ that reloading was safe & at some future time we'd all be allowed do it as most other EU countries do.
    Don't know who sold you that, but the DoJ invited applications for any group or individual seeking to get permission to reload.

EVERY group except the NRAI refused this offer. An extension was offered and still only one group, the NRAI, applied. had the NRAI not applied the DoJ said quite clearly that they were remvoing the ability to apply for a reloading permit and the act of reloading would have been gone for good, again for EVERYONE.

What baffles me is why people like yourself don't ask other associations, groups, NGBs, etc. why they refused it. Had every or at least a few more groups applied for reloading then perhaps the DoJ would have seen a greater need for it and it would be easier to access for more people.

As it stands only the long range lads wanted it, they applied and got it. Now people like you, using incorrect information, somehow blame the midlands (still the NRAI with the permit) for getting it and not the other groups for not even applying.

It's like the people that want a gun or type of gun only when they are banned.
    So at the moment Midlands is the only way I can reload & that's supposedly only for F Class shooting.
    It is only for F-Class becuase its the NRAI that applied, not the midlands range.
    So my point is as you said Midlands may be inadvertantly be stopping an hope of us mere mortals ever being allowed to reload outside Midlands or a similar set-up.
    • Explain to me how the midlands issue licenses/authorisation for other groups to reload?
    • Explain to me how the midlands stopped others from applying?
    • Explain to me where you think reloading would be had the NRAI not applied for it?
    If you can explain any of the above to me with fact, proof, even reliable intel i'll gladly accept your argument and make inquiries as to how this happened.

However in the 10 years since NRAI got their first pilot scheme not once has anyone had anything other than rumor, opinion, guess work, and derogatory remarks to put forward as evidence.

I was there when all this started. I was there when we had to jump through over €100,000 worth of hoops to get a tiny portion of what our EU shooting brethren have. For the inspections, the change of minds (on the AGS/DOJ side) and the rebuilding.

Even in the last 5 years how many other ranges, groups, NGBs, associations, etc. have applied for authorisation? If everyone wants its so much i'll sk one more time. Why refuse it, and allowing for that as a past bad decision why have they not sought it since?

Exactly as i said above:

You're back to being childish again :(
    I've highlighted your problem. Your belief is wrong.

If I am, who was told?
    What obligation had the NRAI to tell anyone they were applying seeing as how it was not a secret and the DoJ issued an open invitation for applicants. They even took out an advert to remind people/groups to apply.

No more than NASRPC were under an obligation tell anyone.
    NO ONE ELSE APPLIED. NOT ONE.

Incorrect. VCRAI submitted an application. This has been discussed here previously.
    I don't recall the Minister, Gardai or DoJ ever saying we didn't need reloading or that there should only be 300 pistols in Ireland and we all had to apprentice to a bunch of lads for a year to qualify to apply for a licence for one. As for reloading I explained it only a post ago:

Waffle !
    The Midlands did NOT apply for it, the NRAI did. It is simply carried out on the Midlands range. It's why not everyone can reload just by being a Midlands member and why it's only for F-Class because that is what the NRAI are NGBs off.

Midlands & NRAI are one in the same. I know ! I am there ;)
    How is that the fault of the NRAI?

Depends on your opinion/allegiances I suppose.
    If they refused to abide by the regulations, which changed year on year for nearly 7 years, set out for them by the DoJ reloading would be gone, FOR EVERYONE.

It's gone for some of "us" already.
    Don't know who sold you that, but the DoJ invited applications for any group or individual seeking to get permission to reload.

If I get th hance I'll search old posts on this subject ...............
    EVERY group except the NRAI refused this offer. An extension was offered and still only one group, the NRAI, applied. had the NRAI not applied the DoJ said quite clearly that they were remvoing the ability to apply for a reloading permit and the act of reloading would have been gone for good, again for EVERYONE.

Some withing groups refused, some knew nothing of it. And NO it's not Midlands/NRAI's fault.
    What baffles me is why people like yourself don't ask other associations, groups, NGBs, etc. why they refused it. Had every or at least a few more groups applied for reloading then perhaps the DoJ would have seen a greater need for it and it would be easier to access for more people.

I did ask. I didn't get answers. But that's not Midlands/NRAI's fault either.
    As it stands only the long range lads wanted it, they applied and got it. Now people like you, using incorrect information, somehow blame the midlands (still the NRAI with the permit) for getting it and not the other groups for not even applying.

No, I and other members of Midlands wantd and still want it. Yet unless we shoot F Class we're not allowed have it. Apparently, that's down to DOJ.
    It's like the people that want a gun or type of gun only when they are banned.

Waffle !
    It is only for F-Class becuase its the NRAI that applied, not the midlands range.

As I said the two are one in the same :)
    • Explain to me how the midlands issue licenses/authorisation for other groups to reload?
    • Explain to me how the midlands stopped others from applying?
    • Explain to me where you think reloading would be had the NRAI not applied for it?

More waffle !
    If you can explain any of the above to me with fact, proof, even reliable intel i'll gladly accept your argument and make inquiries as to how this happened.

Waffle.
    However in the 10 years since NRAI got their first pilot scheme not once has anyone had anything other than rumor, opinion, guess work, and derogatory remarks to put forward as evidence.

As I said I'm a member there .......................
    I was there when all this started. I was there when we had to jump through over €100,000 worth of hoops to get a tiny portion of what our EU shooting brethren have. For the inspections, the change of minds (on the AGS/DOJ side) and the rebuilding.

I was there too & still am & can't relaod. You still reloading?
    Even in the last 5 years how many other ranges, groups, NGBs, associations, etc. have applied for authorisation? If everyone wants its so much i'll sk one more time. Why refuse it, and allowing for that as a past bad decision why have they not sought it since?

Deflction & waffle.

So, in my opinion Midlands/NRAI have ruined reloading for the rest of "us" in the same way NASRPC tried to ruin pistol shooting.

You're back to being childish again :(
    Glass houses, stone throwing and all that other good stuff:
    Waffle.
    Waffle.
    More waffle !
    Waffle.
    Waffle.
    Deflction & waffle.
    You were saying?
    If I am, who was told?
    The members of the NRAI were told an application was being submitted.
    No more than NASRPC were under an obligation tell anyone.
    You said above it wasn't the NASRPC but a few individuals within it. Here is a reminder:
    So a small bunch of lads within the NASRPC tried to corner the market on pistols, licensing, graduated licensing, training and done so not only behind the backs of the other shooting groups but the NASRPC committee itself and you believe that is comparable to the NRAI applying for reloading under an open invitation issued by the DoJ to ALL shooting groups?
    Incorrect. VCRAI submitted an application. This has been discussed here previously.
    So i've been told.
    Midlands & NRAI are one in the same. I know ! I am there ;)
    No they're not.
    Depends on your opinion/allegiances I suppose.
    Believe the lies if you will. I'm not interested in trying to convince you otherwise.
    It's gone for some of "us" already.
    Sounds eerily familiar. Another user said the very same thing.
    If I get th hance I'll search old posts on this subject ...............
    Knock yourself out.
    Some withing groups refused, some knew nothing of it. And NO it's not Midlands/NRAI's fault.
    I did ask. I didn't get answers. But that's not Midlands/NRAI's fault either.
    Nothing i can add to this.
    No, I and other members of Midlands wantd and still want it. Yet unless we shoot F Class we're not allowed have it. Apparently, that's down to DOJ.
    Once again i make the distinction between the Midlands range and the NRAI as means of an explanation.

It was the NRAI that applied for the reloading "license" to be carried out on the Midlands range. As the NRAI deal in long range/sporting rifle you must compete in these disciplines to be able to reload.
    As I said the two are one in the same :)
    Nope. Perhaps ten years ago.
    As I said I'm a member there .......................
    Delighted for ya.
    I was there too & still am & can't relaod. You still reloading?
    Did you ever shoot long range/F-Class?

As for me reloading. Not anymore. I shoot short range informally and outside of the range i hunt. I cannot load for anything other than F-Class i don't anymore. I buy my ammo for my plinking and hunting in the shops.

Besides reloading is overrated.
    So, in my opinion Midlands/NRAI have ruined reloading for the rest of "us" in the same way NASRPC tried to ruin pistol shooting.
    What you call waffle, multiple times, is a poor excuse for not addressing the issue.

The NASRPC tried, unsuccessfully thank God, to monopolise the market on pistol shooting. Their proposal was a joke, and i had committee members of the NASRPC defend their secret actions by saying, and i sh*t you not, "whats everyone getting worked up about, it didn't work out for us". Their proposal was illegal and showe a clear lack of understanding of the law, but had it been successful they would have control over :
    • Who gets a pistol license
    • Who gets a pistol
    • Waiting list to get a pistol
    • Graduated licensing
    • Training courses (funny how shooting schools popped up at the same time this proposals were going in)
    • Limited total amount of licenses
    • Ban on some types of guns including Glocks with a committee member was actually using (diner party Glock owners they called those who owned Glocks)
    So in my opinion the secret and subversive actions of those involved don't even come close to the NRAI applying to an open invitation from the DoJ that every other group was made aware off and offered too.

Drops Mike...Exit stage.:)

You can take that "blood sports " also includes shooting,but they are too afraid to say it.
    Anyhoo thanks to ICABS[again]:) for providing us with a list of Euro and locals who NOT to vote for.

https://banbloodsports.wordpress.com/2019/03/26/european-election-candidates-and-animal-cruelty-issues/

https://banbloodsports.wordpress.com/2019/04/24/2019-election-and-animal-cruelty-issues/

• Advertisement

True.

I wrote it.

That's how I got involved on this forum, among others.

I'm sitting here in a state of disbelief that you, of all people, could have written that. Without reloading you, and all the others in the scheme, would not have been able to compete in any F-Class international competitions with any hope of even some degree of success.

Within the Republic, F-class is an elitist element of the shooting sports, and that cannot be denied. So it is everywhere else, too. Match ammunition IS expensive - way too expensive for the average Joe who might be thinking of taking it up. Not everybody can afford a couple of hundred euros for a weekend practice, having found that his particular rifle has a great fondness for Lapua's TOTL offerings.

Reloading gives them a chance to be as good as the rest of the world, who DO reload.

Without the facility of rifle-calibre reloading, I'd have to give up everything except my .22 rifle shooting - that is a certainty.

I swear to Christ, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Fine Gael say they will introduce legislation to cap and combat the now out of control claim culture that exists in Ireland.

4 weeks later, sitting TD lodges claim against a hotel because they did not supervise her when she was on a swing.

I swear to Christ, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Fine Gael say they will introduce legislation to cap and combat the now out of control claim culture that exists in Ireland.

4 weeks later, sitting TD lodges claim against a hotel because they did not supervise her when she was on a swing.

Band of merchant bankers that FG crowd, not that any of the rest are much better. :rolleyes:

Ibnore the Lefty WIRED site...They're back,and it isnt on one website anymore like Cody Wilsons DEFCAD project.It's now underground files sourcing. Had a look on a few of those files and these guys know what they are on about,especially in making pressure bearing parts like barrels.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/3d-printed-guns-blueprints?fbclid=IwAR3axv4z5mPt40uQpHbIqJefFVPZGSP0yUjZi1sWb0nw8HDio8k2UWD_xIk

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

By god the snowflakes who have voted in all these Greens because they want to help the environment are in for a rude awakening, the additional costs they are going to add to building is going to guarantee they will never own their own eco friendly home. The countryside as you know it will be gone. I remember when they were in power the last time and the measures they tried to bring in by stealth, it would have ended all farming, fishing and hunting in the countryside.
    If this is what the snowflakes want then this country is well and truly goosed.
    But oh wait sure if you live in city then it doesnt impact your tree hugging, cycling, pre packaged latte drinking way of life.

solarwinds wrote: »
    By god the snowflakes who have voted in all these Greens because they want to help the environment are in for a rude awakening, the additional costs they are going to add to building is going to guarantee they will never own their own eco friendly home. The countryside as you know it will be gone. I remember when they were in power the last time and the measures they tried to bring in by stealth, it would have ended all farming, fishing and hunting in the countryside.
    If this is what the snowflakes want then this country is well and truly goosed.
    But oh wait sure if you live in city then it doesnt impact your tree hugging, cycling, pre packaged latte drinking way of life.

To misquote Pastor Niemoller
    "First they came for my Green vote and I voted for them because I belived in their ideals of saving the planet. Then they came for the gas and oil central heating,So I froze for my idealsThen they came for the diesel cars and trucks and trains.So I cycled and took a groaning public transport system and lost my job for my idealsThen they taxed flying and going on holidays.But I couldnt afford one anyway.Then they came for my beef burger and steak and farming in general.But I couldnt afford such anyway,Then they came for my wood burning stove,and my hunting and fishing,and the guns! At that point someone else said"FUK YOU BITCHES!And started a inserruction!!":D

Or "Everyone wants to save the planet and do eco social justice warrior sht.Until it comes time to give up modern creature comforts and pay for it !"

I read somewhere, that the eu are considering banning oil and gas fired heating systems, of course whatever bunch of wallys are running ireland will try to virtue signal and do much earlier that 2030 (hope to heck i'm on the other side by then). If the greens are anything to do with it, they would ban them next week.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/climate-strategy-2050/interview/academic-oil-and-gas-boilers-should-be-banned-across-europe-by-2030/

I work in a college helping degree students with their final year projects, and i see first hand, the whole green thing. They all want to be able to tag their projects as "green". But they never realize that to get any real power, reliably, something needs to burn. Oil or gas etc. They mess around with wind/water turbines, but it never dawns on them that these ideas have been tested and found wanting since the start of the industrial revolution, and found to be poor performers.

• Advertisement

Notice they never mention HOW theses heating community heating systems are to be powerd? It still needs something to burn.Thermal heat pumps sound great in practise,until you find out that the gas needed is FREON for the heat transfer to work,and it needs to be replaced every 5to8 years.IOW a gas that has beeen condemed as an ozone hole maker...
    It is a huge money making scam that is being sold to the naive.Remember here the last time with the wood pellet burners and the grants to istal them? That was technology Germany dumped out 20 years ago as being inefficent and costly.The pellets need a certain dryness to burn at optimal heat.No producers could make them in the Republic.So you have to import them from N Ireland,using diesel trucks to deliver them of course...And the costs are now just as much and less efficent than a tank of heating oil as well...Clearly these Green idiots have never heard of the laws of Thermodynamics.

Advertisement