Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

highest dwelling in ireland.

• 30-11-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

asked this on another forum but got no answers. what is the highest permanently occupied house that anyone here has come across in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Somewhere in Meelin, Co Cork or Glencullen Co Dublin I'd assume

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Some of the student accommodation around Belfield gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you haven't found it in 8 years...

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Esel wrote: »

This question could echo for an eternity

• Advertisement

bump

There ahould be an instant site ban for thread-necro’ing your own flipping useless threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

JayZeus wrote: »
    There ahould be an instant site ban for thread-necro’ing your own flipping useless threads.

It's been 8 years he deserves to know

It's been 8 years he deserves to know

The pair of ye deserve each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭glenkeo

I live at 240 m above sea level

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you have a GIS package with a topo map and the Eircode database working it out should be fairly simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

glenkeo wrote: »
    I live at 240 m above sea level

Couple of houses near Oldbridge in Wicklow that are at about 340m. Depends what the OP means by a house too, inhabited building? How about the TV transmitters on Kippure or Mount Leinster, 750m and 790m respectively.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Couple of houses near Oldbridge in Wicklow that are at about 340m. Depends what the OP means by a house too, inhabited building? How about the TV transmitters on Kippure or Mount Leinster, 750m and 790m respectively.

I mean a house where someone might live. I think Mount Leinster would be the highest paved road in Ireland.
    I would imagine that there would be no houses much above 400 meters.

Strange for Carlow to claim an altitude record. Or maybe that part of the road is in Wexford.

Esel wrote: »

I found a few but was still wondering. there is a house in Dublin that I pass a lot, it could be the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I mean a house where someone might live. I think Mount Leinster would be the highest paved road in Ireland.
    I would imagine that there would be no houses much above 400 meters.

Strange for Carlow to claim an altitude record. Or maybe that part of the road is in Wexford.

Nah, the road is in Carlow alright but the point is that there are buildings at both Mount Leinster & Kippure. And there are people in those buildings, I don't imagine they are staffed on a continuous basis but reckon that staff do overnight in them. Maybe someone else knows.

Knew a family in a house in West Cork that were stoned 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Theres a house at 300m on the road up to the Shay Elliot from Laragh

novm7r.png

This house is on the way to Kilbride camp from Bothernabreena Dublin.

430 meters.

24mc46v.png

Mount Leinster, Carlow highest point for a building in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you discount the grotto on Cruach Mhór...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Some years ago there was much discussion about Ireland's highest pub. I can only recall that one in Bweeng, Co. Cork was mentioned.

feargale wrote: »
    Some years ago there was much discussion about Ireland's highest pub. I can only recall that one in Bweeng, Co. Cork was mentioned.

Always thought it was this one and that they stopped Johnny Foxes claiming it in their ads. Between Coolea and Kilgarvan just inside the Kerry border.

http://www.topofcoom.com/

Advertisement