Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

External paint

• 02-05-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Getting ready to paint outside of the house just looking for advice on which paint is the best value in the long-term , number of coats etc. Out of colour trend, weather sheild or Fleetwood. Builder merchant offering weather sheild tinted 11 litre bucket for 55 euros. Is this good value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

Always used dulux wrathful shield but have now started using courtrend lovely paint to use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I would regard Sandtex as superior to Dulux for exterior masonry coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Have used dulux before and went with fleet wood last year
    Great paint and great colour range

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Have used all 3. If you don't mind spending the extra money go for colortrend, it's fantastic paint both exterior and interior but expensive. I'd rate sandtex next ,extremely good coverage I've found and then the weathershield imo. In all honesty the 3 of them are good, I've never got on well with fleetwood paint, have avoided it for years tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Sandtex found it good. And from an unexpected quarter, farrow and ball exterior went up on my garden walls in 2013 and is in perfect condition. Of your that way inclined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You'd need to remortgage the house to get the whole thing painted in F&B - its good but bloody expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

Hi All,

Did you put an undercoat on the house, if never before painted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

You put on a primer coat. Water down the paint by 30% - 40%. Use this first then apply 2 coats on top as per normal

Advertisement