Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my website

• 24-04-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I set up a basic website a year ago with Sitebuilder for a small business and would like to improve it - increase content, add some images etc. I am not good at finding my way around the pages and end up in a lather trying to undo stuff etc. I wonder if anyone knows a company who would give me some time -for a fee obviously - to make the edits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭wonga77

It might be worth your while taking taking some time to learn about WordPress? Im not familiar with sitebuilder so not much help to you there

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Are you wanting a site that you can update on a regular basis, or are you wanting edits to bring it up to date and then leave it alone?
    Either way we can help, pm me or give me a call.
    If you are wanting to do regular updates to content and pictures moving your site on to a platform where content edits and the design are separate (WordPress or similar) might be a better option in the longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shane001daly

Agree with the above users.

If you are looking for a way that you can easily upload and update content yourself then a Content Management System (CMS) is what you need.

WordPress is the most popular CMS due to its easy to navigate dashboard and its very user friendly. More than 1/3 of all websites use WordPress, including some big names like The New Yorker, BBC America, Sony Music, and many more.

Most of the sites I build use WordPress as a base. If you want some general advice or more specific details please PM and I'd be glad to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Agree with the above. Use a CMS, and there's no better option for a variety of reasons than WordPress. You can learn it yourself (if you have time and the willingness), or else there are so many professionals like the poster above using WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Try Squarespace, it's pretty easy compared to WP. Drop me a PM if you want any info on it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement