Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skills and experience in the Reserve Defence Force

• 17-04-2019 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all,

I see the Reserve Defence Force (Army and Navy) are recruiting. Some friends of mine were having a chat today and we got to taking about what experiences or skills you actually gain in the Reserves.

Can anyone enlighten me on what skills or experiences you gain in the Reserves?

I ask because there is a Communications and Information Service Corps and an Engineers Corps. Surely the people in those corps gain skills and qualifications?

What do the infantry get? What do they learn?

I saw some CIS reserves worked on a NATO partnership exercise last year. Do other Reserve units get any exercises or experiences like that?

What courses do they do?

Would love if everyone could post their experience or any info. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

I saw some CIS reserves worked on a NATO partnership exercise last year. Do other Reserve units get any exercises or experiences like that?

Sorry for late response. Yes, some do. Most of it is about commitment. At the moment everyone is very very busy in the defence forces.

The best skills I have learned in the reserve are interpersonal skills.

Advertisement