Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir: iPhone SE + package for 45Euro over 24months

• 16-11-2017 5:11pm

Eir are offering a package costing 45Euro / Months on a 24 month contract:
    • iPhone SE (Says its free)
    • 400 mins calls
    • Free Eir calls
    • unlimited texts
    • 10gb data
    • Free YouTube, Social Networks & Eir Sports
    Seems like a good deal, would be better if they included Spotify for free as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Thats the sort of deal Ive been waiting for them to give.
    They seemed to have increased all their prices recently since meteor became Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

is it good though? you can get unlimited everything for E15 on sim free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Christ that's an awful deal, a grand over two years, buy it sim free for €350 and go sim only or prepay instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Idbatterim wrote: »

Where did you see the the unlimited everything for 15 e

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Sorry I had to post, I'm absolutely not having a go you OP but as said above this a terrible deal. This phone is nearly 2 years old already. You will buy this phone now SIM for 350 and refurbished for 250 and used even as low as 200.

This contract will cost you near 1000. Don't know if youre an android fan but you will get a high spec android smartphone SIM free for 350. Either phone purchased outright you can then go for a 30 day rolling contract (SIM only) or pay as you go.

Some great value in both options depending on usage. Check out all providers, Vodafone, Eir, Three, ID mobile, Virgin Media, Tesco mobile and Post mobile to see what suits you usage.

WM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭machu

What about there €90 package for 18 months €131 for the last 6 months which broadband, Tv essential pack and mobile unlimited+15GB. This package gives you the option of purchasing the iphone x for €649

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Got a text from eir earlier in the week saying if you go in store and use the code eirmobileXMAS, you can get €100 off the cost of either an iPhone 8 or Samsung Galaxy S8, then €25 p/m for 12 months and €45 p/m thereafter for 24 months. This supposedly comes with unlimited calls, texts and data along with free social networks and YouTube. I don't know if this is considered a good deal or not but may interest someone.

I'm on the €20 simplicity deal so it's of no interest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭machu

I'm with Eir at the moment paying €34.50/month unlimited 15 GB though out of contract for the last two years. I usually buy my phone outright but thought paying €90/month for the broadband and tv for first 18 months and €131 for the last 6 and the option of saving €500 on the X didn't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

no matter what the offer, to become an Eir customer, thats the real breaker here. They destroyed the mighty Meteor when they bought it and overcharge for poor or outdated products, and they have the WORST support. Id avoid it simply cause of their awful support and aftersales!

markc1184 wrote: »
    Got a text from eir earlier in the week saying if you go in store and use the code eirmobileXMAS, you can get €100 off the cost of either an iPhone 8 or Samsung Galaxy S8, then €25 p/m for 12 months and €45 p/m thereafter for 24 months. This supposedly comes with unlimited calls, texts and data along with free social networks and YouTube. I don't know if this is considered a good deal or not but may interest someone.

What is the cost of the samsung s8 with this offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

That's a pretry reasonable deal. I logged into my account as I'm due an upgrade next month and I'm being offered the same deal. The website currently has €50 off the S8 which is now €149. But unfortunately that voucher code isn't working. If they apply another €50 off that price which would bring it down to €99, then I'd be tempted to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭dodzy

Idbatterim wrote: »

With who....?

In the end I went with a similar deal (25/45) but with the samsung galaxy s7 for free instead of paying for the s8.
    In a year I might regret not getting the s8 but Im happy enough with the s7 for free.
    Eir are the only mobile signal at my house, so its just a matter of whats the best eir deal.
    I might get simplicity once my contract expires though.

kala85 wrote: »
    What is the cost of the samsung s8 with this offer.

its roughly about 20 euro a month extra for 12 months plus the 149.
    so about 389, less if you were to account for interest. Though if you need less data then the extra 5euro a month over 2 years would add up to another 120.

so on average its about 400 for the phone.

Im tempted to change my s7 deal to the s8 now after reading its reviews.

Ok how many mins and texts do you get on this plan

11214 wrote: »
    Christ that's an awful deal, a grand over two years, buy it sim free for €350 and go sim only or prepay instead.

Have scoured online and apart from Komplett (who I would never buy from), I can't find the iPhone SE for less than €400. Where did you see it SIM free for €350?

kala85 wrote: »
    Ok how many mins and texts do you get on this plan

unlimited minutes and texts and 10gb on the plan but I see you have to be an existing eir customer to get the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Have scoured online and apart from Komplett (who I would never buy from), I can't find the iPhone SE for less than €400. Where did you see it SIM free for €350?

Argos did have the 32GB one for 369 for ages but now their 419. I got mine for 369. Then I have unlimited calls and texts and 15GB data for 20/month

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Why wouldn't you buy from komplett? They're based in Ireland, I haven't had issues with them.

You could get a 6S 16GB for 370euro from eglobal, same processor as the SE, larger screen and nicer design

tedpan wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you buy from komplett? They're based in Ireland, I haven't had issues with them.

You could get a 6S 16GB for 370euro from eglobal, same processor as the SE, larger screen and nicer design

Just too many bad reviews of Komplett. Have never seen an online store with such bad reviews. Don't want to risk having issues this close to Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭pah

When you're buying a device that's pushing on 2 years old I really can't see the logic in buying new. I picked up a 64GB SE on adverts for €240 last month. 14 months old Absolutely perfect.

pah wrote:
    When you're buying a device that's pushing on 2 years old I really can't see the logic in buying new. I picked up a 64GB SE on adverts for €240 last month. 14 months old Absolutely perfect.

It's battery issues are the problem, especially on iPhones. Charging each day over 14 months will have caused significant battery degradation compared with a brand new in box unit.

A refurbished phone might have a new battery though but you would want to check it out. Most phones batteries only last about 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

Is the iPhone SE on Komplett brand new? I was going to buy one for herself for Christmas and believed everywhere would be the same price (419) as on apple.ie

davemie wrote:
    Is the iPhone SE on Komplett brand new? I was going to buy one for herself for Christmas and believed everywhere would be the same price (419) as on apple.ie

Yep, as far as I know all their stock is brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Latest IOS risks bricking device, I wouldn’t
    In a dispute with Eir at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭pah

http://checkargos.com/product/6875985

€339 in argos right now 32GB

pah wrote: »
    http://checkargos.com/product/6875985

€339 in argos right now 32GB

Thanks for that, reserved one in Naas.

Advertisement