Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wonder what format this will be, maybe based at the academy? What I wouldn't give to see him back on the Enterprise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

Wonder what format this will be, maybe based at the academy? What I wouldn't give to see him back on the Enterprise

The next chapter of his life...hard to say. I can't see him being on the bridge of a starship anymore, I'd say he's enjoying retirement but will come back to the fray for one last adventure (bittersweet really). Feels a bit like Generations, when we seen Kirk being on the Bridge of the Ent-B but as a spectator, kinda like that I'd say, with a side of All Good Things future timeline thrown in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

well aside from seeing Picard again, another great thing is that we'll finally get to see the Federation / Starfleet after 2379 (aside from that brief part with Spock Prime in Star Trek 09).

This may have been depicted in novels but I've never read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Awesome.

F*cking awesome.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

well aside from seeing Picard again, another great thing is that we'll finally get to see the Federation / Starfleet after 2379 (aside from that brief part with Spock Prime in Star Trek 09).

I reckon they'll keep things tight, and won't show too much. I've a feeling it'll be a personal and 'small' adventure, relevant to Picard, rather than a Federation wide issue. I'd much rather it this way, if it's going to be Jean Luc's swan song....

They seriously better not kill him off!

Inviere wrote: »
    I reckon they'll keep things tight, and won't show too much. I've a feeling it'll be a personal and 'small' adventure, relevant to Picard, rather than a Federation wide issue.

I agree it probably won't have the scope of Discovery but we'll still have some insight into the Federation post Insurrection.

Now here's hoping Picard won't die on a falling bridge :rolleyes:

Wouldnt he be suffering from Irumodic Syndrome at this stage?

Also,
    Pixelburp,
    Wanna start a new thread on this? Going to be a popular one id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

He should. All good Things' future portions were set in 2395 but that future doesn't exist anymore, Romulus was mentioned, so it's possible there's a cure or treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

You can never trust those Q scenarios.
    Could be that Picard never develops it, but Q knew he was susceptible to it and just threw it in the mix to trip him up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Also,
    Pixelburp,
    Wanna start a new thread on this? Going to be a popular one id say.

Great idea! Buuuuut I'm not a mod here. Though now you've asked I'm suddenly thinking "wait, am I?" :D

As to the news, that's genuinely surprising. Ostensibly exciting news, but for Stewart to go back, after all this time...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Great idea! Buuuuut I'm not a mod here. Though now you've asked I'm suddenly thinking "wait, am I?" :D

As to the news, that's genuinely surprising. Ostensibly exciting news, but for Stewart to go back, after all this time...

Ah your not,

Theres me thinking you were a mod on all things sci-fi!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5445593

Just think any of the TNG/Voyager/DS9 cameos too!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Does beg the question what the "in" here is, and what possible story could entice Stewart back - assuming it's not totally about the dump truck of money he'll get.

Other outlets are saying it'll be set 20byeara after the events of Nemesis, which makes sense given Stewart's age.

Maybe it'll be a ruse: 13 episodes of family drama based around Picard running the family vinyard. :)

OBrien, Bashir cameos / secondary characters please.

Maybe it'll be a ruse: 13 episodes of family drama based around Picard running the family vinyard. :).

Didn't all his family burn to death? :P

Unless Him and Crusher finally hooked up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've split this into its own thread, though knowing how much you guys love your megathreads I assume someone will bump the other thread again and then we'll have two threads going, but anyway...

Whats the bet Harry Kim is still an Ensign in this time period?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Whats the bet Harry Kim is still an Ensign in this time period?
    I'd love to see Harry as Captain Nog's first officer. Being the first officer to the waiter who served you (never shown but it could have happened) as you set off for your first cruise fits him perfectly.

So he'll be Admiral Picard by all accounts, right? He seemed like the type more capable of taking a backseat role than Kirk ever could, while a "desk" role would allow Stewart to perform with less effort.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »

Just think any of the TNG/Voyager/DS9 cameos too!!

Unless they use that expensive de-aging CGI seen in some Marvel films, Data / B4 is pretty much out of the question unfortunately.

Personally, I'd love a scene with Picard and Riker, if only for old times sake.

So he'll be Admiral Picard by all accounts, right? He seemed like the type more capable of taking a backseat role than Kirk ever could, while a "desk" role would allow Stewart to perform with less effort.

Maybe head of Starfleet Academy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Retired, from an ambassadorial type role. Called out of retirement for some reason, encounters familiar faces along the way, but not an immediate return to the bridge of the Enterprise, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Surely he must be an admiral by now???

As long as he outranks Janeway I don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm so excited about this. Can't wait to see it. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't know what to make of this, but I'm not optimistic about it.

I could see it devolving it little more than exploiting nostalgia, with, instead of a monster of the week, and old (greyer, fatter) face of the week from the past appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Still early days but a little bit hyped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Well Holy God Miley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Only seen this now. What can I say I was busy. I think Patrick Stewart would not do this unless he thinks it is good and has potential. I doubt he is stuck for a few dollars. I think he must be at least an admiral by now.

I think it could be interesting and hopefully good. Hope Colm Meaney gets a chance to appear in it too. Maybe he has his own ship now or is chief engineer on one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement