Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Based Musicians for straight up Blues/ 40's R'n'B/ Delta Blues/ Western Swing/

• 24-01-2018 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Dublin based Guitar Player, Acoustic & Electric (Mostly Rhythm, Some Lead..)
    Looking for Musicians waist deep in the Blues.

The initial plan is to put a 4/5 piece together doing a mixed bag of straight up Blues/ 40's R'n'B/ Delta Blues/ Western Swing/ Country Blues/Bit of Gospel ('Yall say Yeah...!).
    Looking for a solid Lead/Slide Guitar Player,
    A Double Bass/Tea Chest,
    A Harp Player
    A Percussive/Cojon/Washboard Player.

Lots of 12 Bar but up tempo stuff..( cause we're gonna get the folks movin')

Howlin' Wolf, John Lee, Little Walter, Rosco Gordon, Louis Jordan,Tom Waits, Wynonie Harris, Muddy Waters....
    Chess/Atlantic/Sun
    Let me know what ya got....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bassman09

NonFiction wrote: »
    Dublin based Guitar Player, Acoustic & Electric (Mostly Rhythm, Some Lead..)
    Looking for Musicians waist deep in the Blues.

The initial plan is to put a 4/5 piece together doing a mixed bag of straight up Blues/ 40's R'n'B/ Delta Blues/ Western Swing/ Country Blues/Bit of Gospel ('Yall say Yeah...!).
    Looking for a solid Lead/Slide Guitar Player,
    A Double Bass/Tea Chest,
    A Harp Player
    A Percussive/Cojon/Washboard Player.

Lots of 12 Bar but up tempo stuff..( cause we're gonna get the folks movin')

Howlin' Wolf, John Lee, Little Walter, Rosco Gordon, Louis Jordan,Tom Waits, Wynonie Harris, Muddy Waters....
    Chess/Atlantic/Sun
    Let me know what ya got....

Hey there. I'm Ed, double bassist from. Montreal. But been here 10yrs. Loads of experience & am professional. Been in top bands back home, such as Blind, Susie Aioli, Bharath & his Rhythm 4. Also here. Let me know if you wanna meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NonFiction

Hi Ed,
    Nice.
    Sounds good mate.
    I'm in the UK for the next couple of days but
    we can meet up early next week if that suits.
    Best, John. <SNIP> - No phone numbers - Mod

Hi Guys,
    Still looking for some personal/players for this....
    A pretty decent Lead/bottleneck Guitar Player (Or maybe just a pretty one that's decent enough....!!!)
    A Harp Player worthy of Sonny Boy His-self "Help me Baby, I can't do it by myself"
    And A Percussive/Cojon/Washboard Player that can count all the way up to 4
    (Anymore and you're just showing off...)
    This s**t will turn Goat's piss into Gasoline, Eugene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bluesharpist

hi, still looking ? mature, experienced harp player here...

Hi there,
    Yes, Absolutely.
    Let me know if you'd be interested in meeting up say during the week for a jam/chat.
    Ta, john 0871329236

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Tp18

Hi, need a guitar player? , influences are muddy waters , Elvis ,Carl Perkins ,Jerry Lee ,little Walter ,big Bill bronzey ,Robert Johnson ect... Not the greatest player but love the music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Where in dubin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tp18

Where in dubin?

Palmerstown

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bluesharpist

pm sent

Advertisement