Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

8 pint bottles of Stella Artois Cider for €8 in Tesco yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Batesout wrote: »
    8 pint bottles of Stella Artois Cider for €8 in Tesco yum yum

I'm sure this post was well-intentioned, but Stella Artois Cider is not beer. The clue is in the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

JC's in Swords have Strangford Lough beers for 99c for a 500ml bottle. They have Legbiter, Barelegs Brew and St. Patricks Best. I picked up 2 of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

KJ wrote: »
    JC's in Swords have Strangford Lough beers for 99c for a 500ml bottle. They have Legbiter, Barelegs Brew and St. Patricks Best. I picked up 2 of each.

Might try them again at that price as I am only up the road from work.
    I remember a year or so back I didnt like them but my tastes have changed alot since so for 99c It might be worth giving them all 1 more go.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Did thy gave much on the shelves?

• Advertisement

redalan wrote: »
    Did thy gave much on the shelves?

Yeah, they have a huge display built up at the checkout.

Yeah, they have a huge display built up at the checkout.

Good man. Thanks

Legbiter is delicious. St. Patrick's isnt so good. Haven't had the Barelegs brew yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭howyanow

budvar.spaten,staroprammen,grolsch,desperados all 5 for €9.99
    carling cans €1
    tennents 6 for €5.50
    warka red 4 for €5.50
    bavaria 4 pack €4
    just a small selection of offers from O'Leary's in Salthill,Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Tesco have Brahma 12x330ml , 3 for €22 and Stella Artois 12 X 284Ml, 3 for €22

Not bad value, the signage doesnt say if you can combine the two beers tho .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I see lidl have some specials from next Monday for paddies day!

I've just been to my local Eurospar and they have 4 bottles of Estrella Galicia for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Abbots Ale House doing Leffe bruin 330ml for €1.50/bottle, or 8 for €10. Out of date since November but still tasting mighty fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Lidl is doing its 4 bottles of Leffe blonde or Hoegaarden for €4.99 thing at the moment. In the Galway store yesterday evening they had sold out of the Leffe but there was still plenty of Hoegaarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Dunnes have a Harviestoun brewery offer, two bottles of Old Engine Oil for 3 euro. Two bottles Bitter and Twisted / Schiehallion 4 euro.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Got 6 brewdog punk IPA for a tenner in superquinn, saves around 4 euros.

Is that differ to the 6 for 5 deal?

Next Door in Santry are selling off some out of date Svyturys Bock for 50 cent a bottle.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just got 6 bottles of Blue Moon in Deveneys in Dundrum for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

Isn't Bluemoon not made by coors? In the us it's a cheap beer, like miller or bud etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Isn't Bluemoon not made by coors? In the us it's a cheap beer, like miller or bud etc.

It is yeah but not marketed as a mass produced beer. @ €1.66 a bottle it's pretty good value IMO.

Yeah, much better than Bud and such, but if Superquinn really has 6 Brew Dog Punk IPAs for 10 quid, that is a serious deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yeah, much better than Bud and such, but if Superquinn really has 6 Brew Dog Punk IPAs for 10 quid, that is a serious deal for me.

I don't think they do. AFAIK it's €2.50 a pop or 6 for 5.

Yeah, sounded too good to be true, was just going on ASJ112's post above, though that was last month, but still 6 for 12.50 isn't bad, saves 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Tescos are selling O Hara's Stout and Red ale at €1.79 a btl to match Aldi's price on there Irish stout and ale.

also noticed Aldi are now selling Old speckled hen and Hobgoblin at €1.99 a btl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

blueshed wrote: »
    Tescos are selling O Hara's Stout and Red ale at €1.79 a btl to match Aldi's price on there Irish stout and ale.

also noticed Aldi are now selling Old speckled hen and Hobgoblin at €1.99 a btl.

Noticed this the other day and got 5 bottles of the red.
    I'd have bought the O'Shea's in Aldi a few times.

O'Shea's is brewed by Carlow Brewing too, but a slightly different recipe to O'Hara's, lovely beer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

over 40 world beers at 5 for €10.

blueshed wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

over 40 world beers at 5 for €10.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is in the pic there, 5 for a tenner that is good value. Will be heading tesco in a few so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is in the pic there, 5 for a tenner that is good value. Will be heading tesco in a few so.

says its starets tomorrow but i got mine today no probs

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    says its starets tomorrow but i got mine today no probs

Bloody good deal though, rarely find any craft beers for under 2.50

Advertisement