Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-11-2019, 16:59   #481
meeeeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dunne View Post
Ah now, that's incredibly disingenuous.

Paedophile has wrongly become a catch-all for people who have sex with people who are underage. Yes, it is technically not the correct word but we all know what the poster is saying.
Do we? It's a very strong word to use so use it properly.
meeeeh is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2019, 17:13   #482
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
So if I called you a paedophile you'd be ok with that? Let's not split hair about the age of people you are having sex with since it's a minor unimportant fact (according to you). It's only words. Right?
I wouldn't be happy about it because it wouldn't be true,as I have never engaged in such activities.

In all honesty your post makes no sense whatsoever, but then that seems to be par for the course with you from what I've experienced of you in the past.

If you want to have a go at me fire ahead but at least be a bit more creative in how you go about it.

Last edited by nullzero; 04-11-2019 at 17:17.
nullzero is offline  
Thanks from:
04-11-2019, 17:19   #483
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
Do we? It's a very strong word to use so use it properly.
Ephebophile isn't much better, the two are closely related to each other inasmuch as they are describing somebody who preys on underage people to have sex with them.

Are you another poster more distraught about the use of the incorrect descriptor than the offence itself?
nullzero is offline  
04-11-2019, 17:24   #484
meeeeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
I wouldn't be happy about it because it wouldn't be true,as I have never engaged in such activities.

In all honesty your post makes no sense whatsoever, but then that seems to be par for the course with you from what I've experienced of you in the past.

If you want to have a go at me fire ahead but at least be a bit more creative in how you go about it.
You are not even smart enough to understand I wasn't having a go at you (now I am), I was making a point how words matter. But apparently the words matter only when it's about you not when it's about others.

Don't worry I don't think you are a paedophile I just think you are a hypocrite.
meeeeh is offline  
04-11-2019, 17:31   #485
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
You are not even smart enough to understand I wasn't having a go at you (now I am), I was making a point how words matter. But apparently the words matter only when it's about you not when it's about others.

Don't worry I don't think you are a paedophile I just think you are a hypocrite.
How am I a hypocrite?

You've some neck making assumptions about other people's intelligence with your track record on this site.

You do realise that your post quoted a post of mine and was directed in its entirety at me right? I mean you wrote it, or am I not smart enough to understand that your were quoting me but actually talking to somebody else in some Basil Fawlty-esque attempt to untangle yourself from responsibility for something you know you did but would perhaps prefer you hadn't done?

Yet more nonsense from you, what a surprise.

Last edited by nullzero; 04-11-2019 at 17:48.
nullzero is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2019, 19:03   #486
tommyled1984
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
I didn't hurl abuse at you for starters.
Secondly just because you are entitled to an opinion doesn't mean that the opinion you have is valid.
The morality of sex with minors is cut and dry and any attempt to justify it is wrong.
You say the law needs to be changed? Do you propose that sex with minors be acceptable in certain circumstances, such as a sexy twenty something teacher getting it on with a young fella who's barely old enough to shave?
You can be guaranteed that the boy in question will suffer as a result of this situation, regardless of what you say or believe what happened was wrong as is you and others excusing it.
This was a good thread which generated plenty of interest and at the start was inviting to people to share their opinions. Unfortunately your persistant input has completely killed it.
I see you have had a very productive day today. IF you work I hope it's in the public sector so the whole country can share the burden as opposed to a small private company trying to make it.
tommyled1984 is offline  
04-11-2019, 19:23   #487
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyled1984 View Post
This was a good thread which generated plenty of interest and at the start was inviting to people to share their opinions. Unfortunately your persistant input has completely killed it.
I see you have had a very productive day today. IF you work I hope it's in the public sector so the whole country can share the burden as opposed to a small private company trying to make it.
Sorry but that is a pile of crap.
I contributed to this thread plenty, if my opinion doesn't chime with yours that's too bad. That is what goes on in a forum, you'd be aware of that if you'd posted more than 12 times in ten years.

I see you're another "Emmanual Macron married his teacher after she had sex with him at 15 so this poor teacher shouldn't be locked up" types.

You feel this teacher did nothing wrong, which is factually incorrect. Your understanding of the case is also incorrect and your opinion about consent between adults and minors is wrong.
And because I and others have shown the opinion you and others hold to be without merit I am personally responsible for killing this thread?
Get a grip.

Last edited by nullzero; 04-11-2019 at 19:34.
nullzero is offline  
04-11-2019, 21:57   #488
RandomName2
Registered User
 
RandomName2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
Sorry but that is a pile of crap.
I contributed to this thread plenty,

Mainly by calling other posters here predators. That usually encourages deep and meaningful conversation on complicated and controversial topics, yeah.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
You feel this teacher did nothing wrong, which is factually incorrect.
From a legal standing you are incorrect. From Emanuel Macron's point of view you are also incorrect. I assume you mean from an ethical point of view? I think you would have actually a point there, that is if you didn't articulate it by any other means than say that everyone who doesn't agree with you is something something. Vacuous virtue signalling.

Feel free to ignore criticism of your posting as just 'waffle'. Bask in the glow of the victories that come from smashing straw men to bits.
RandomName2 is offline  
04-11-2019, 22:04   #489
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomName2 View Post
Mainly by calling other posters here predators. That usually encourages deep and meaningful conversation on complicated and controversial topics, yeah.




From a legal standing you are incorrect. From Emanuel Macron's point of view you are also incorrect. I assume you mean from an ethical point of view? I think you would have actually a point there, that is if you didn't articulate it by any other means than say that everyone who doesn't agree with you is something something. Vacuous virtue signalling.

Feel free to ignore criticism of your posting as just 'waffle'. Bask in the glow of the victories that come from smashing straw men to bits.
I never called anybody a predator. For somebody banging on about facts you're a little short of them yourself.

The Macron situation is an oddball situation and using it as a jumping off point for discussion on this type of topic is laughable.
nullzero is offline  
Advertisement
04-11-2019, 22:26   #490
tommyled1984
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
Sorry but that is a pile of crap.
I contributed to this thread plenty, if my opinion doesn't chime with yours that's too bad. That is what goes on in a forum, you'd be aware of that if you'd posted more than 12 times in ten years.

I see you're another "Emmanual Macron married his teacher after she had sex with him at 15 so this poor teacher shouldn't be locked up" types.

You feel this teacher did nothing wrong, which is factually incorrect. Your understanding of the case is also incorrect and your opinion about consent between adults and minors is wrong.
And because I and others have shown the opinion you and others hold to be without merit I am personally responsible for killing this thread?
Get a grip.
I'm just saying it puts people off contributing when they read the childish(must have the last word) dialogue.

"So if my opinion doesn't chime with yours, too bad" yet you try ridicule anyone who has an opinion different to you.

I used the example of macron for those who were unaware of an instance where a teacher and student had sex in their area. I didn't say what happened macron was ok.

I never said that the Irish substitute teacher did nothing wrong. I said I don't think she should be a registered sex offender. You've misquoted me twice there.

My opinion about consent can't be wrong because it is my opinion. I think the laws around consent need change.

And yes I have posted very little, I'm kept busy at other things. I see you have posted a lot more than me and also that you have been booted out of many threads by the moderator. No surprise there.. I await your inevitable reply.. 😴
tommyled1984 is offline  
04-11-2019, 23:25   #491
RandomName2
Registered User
 
RandomName2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
I never called anybody a predator. For somebody banging on about facts you're a little short of them yourself.
Oh lordy you got me there nullzero. That retort, man, how can I ever show that you attack posters by calling them paedophiles, predators, or people who are so way inclined. How do I show that you throw a temper tantrum at every opportunity and call your opponent names because you can't argue a point? How do I show that you've just lied? Gee.. this is going to be a difficult one. I mean, you're right, it's just a little short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
So when you have people splitting hairs over the difference between paedophilia and ephebophilia whilst arguing for the age of consent to be lowered whilst also arguing that sentences handed down for these offences are "too harsh" what other conclusion [other than the posters being paedophiles] should be drawn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
You say I sound ridiculous, you really need to take a look at what you're saying from an objective standpoint, you're not coming across particularly well. In fact you come across as somebody with quite deep seated issues

Here's the thing Random I hope that what I'm saying does upset you and everyone who agrees with you because your beliefs are worrying. I feel the line in the sand is clear for all to see and those who choose to cross it deserve no quarter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
In all honesty your post makes no sense whatsoever, but then that seems to be par for the course with you from what I've experienced of you in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
This is just unbelievable.
You should be ashamed of yourself for defending this woman (she isn't a "girl").

The mental gymnastics you're engaged in are incredible. Shame on you and all those thanking your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
But I'm going to assume you understand that, and we're just being smarmy and pretending not to understand what I meant.

So while you think you've shown me up by posting that I don't understand what paedophilia means, you saying that is a type of dog whistle(and I really dislike that term but I'm struggling to find a better description) for "I'm actually OK with adults having sex with minors".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
I find it incredible how many people crawl out of the woodwork on topics like these.
A few years ago when Adam Johnson was being sent to prison for engaging in sexual activity with a teenage girl there was all sorts of people defending him.

Maybe there's more people in society that have paedophilic tenancies than we care to recognise.
God I really am a stupid one. I hadn't realized until this moment you're just a troll. Usually trolls don't have as much pathos in their register. [slow clap]
RandomName2 is offline  
04-11-2019, 23:59   #492
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomName2 View Post
Oh lordy you got me there nullzero. That retort, man, how can I ever show that you attack posters by calling them paedophiles, predators, or people who are so way inclined. How do I show that you throw a temper tantrum at every opportunity and call your opponent names because you can't argue a point? How do I show that you've just lied? Gee.. this is going to be a difficult one. I mean, you're right, it's just a little short.














God I really am a stupid one. I hadn't realized until this moment you're just a troll. Usually trolls don't have as much pathos in their register. [slow clap]
Where exactly are these temper tantrums? Do you really think I'm flailing around like a spoilt child whilst posting here?

I never accused anyone here of being a predator or a paedophile, I stated that the people here who are suggesting that the woman in question in this thread did nothing wrong and shouldn't have been sent to prison whilst at the same time suggesting that such actions should not be seen as criminal offences are saying things that make them appear to support sexual activities with minors which raises questions about them personally.

You eventually cleared up that you believed that this case was judged correctly, so therefor I exclude you from that categorisation.
On the other hand I resent your persistent personal vendetta against me, I accepted your explanation yesterday and made no further reply to you. You have taken upon yourself to post these replies to me this evening and in doing so you're accusing me of being a troll, if you think that's what I am report the posts in question because I'm getting pretty sick of your selective reading and your personal vendetta against me.
nullzero is offline  
05-11-2019, 00:12   #493
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyled1984 View Post
I'm just saying it puts people off contributing when they read the childish(must have the last word) dialogue.

"So if my opinion doesn't chime with yours, too bad" yet you try ridicule anyone who has an opinion different to you.

I used the example of macron for those who were unaware of an instance where a teacher and student had sex in their area. I didn't say what happened macron was ok.

I never said that the Irish substitute teacher did nothing wrong. I said I don't think she should be a registered sex offender. You've misquoted me twice there.

My opinion about consent can't be wrong because it is my opinion. I think the laws around consent need change.

And yes I have posted very little, I'm kept busy at other things. I see you have posted a lot more than me and also that you have been booted out of many threads by the moderator. No surprise there.. I await your inevitable reply.. 😴
Tommy you replied to me accusing me of killing the thread. You took it upon yourself to do that, do you think I should come on and apologise to you?

Your initial post on this thread used language that excused the behaviour of the teacher in question, and the situation you described bore no resemblance to the reality of the situation where this woman knew the boy from school and made the effort to actively groom him.

I'm also not attempting to have the last word, I'm merely defending my argument. The thread can go on for any length of time, it isn't up to me to kill it off.

Also I haven't tried to ridicule anybody here at any point. I have made bold statements undoubtedly, but that is due to the seriousness of the subject. There are people here who I would have serious reservations about based upon what they have posted, they have had a go at me and I've had a go back.

As for your opinion not being able to be wrong, I'm afraid you're mistaken there as well. If I came on here and made a racist slur and said it can't be wrong because its my opinion you'd laugh me out of the place and rightly so. You are entitled to an opinion, you are not entitled to believe it to be correct you because you hold it and you can expect it to be challenged if it is wrong.

I think you should look again at the particulars of this case and maybe come back and post your opinion on it after you have.
nullzero is offline  
05-11-2019, 02:34   #494
tommyled1984
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
Tommy you replied to me accusing me of killing the thread. You took it upon yourself to do that, do you think I should come on and apologise to you?

Your initial post on this thread used language that excused the behaviour of the teacher in question, and the situation you described bore no resemblance to the reality of the situation where this woman knew the boy from school and made the effort to actively groom him.

I'm also not attempting to have the last word, I'm merely defending my argument. The thread can go on for any length of time, it isn't up to me to kill it off.

Also I haven't tried to ridicule anybody here at any point. I have made bold statements undoubtedly, but that is due to the seriousness of the subject. There are people here who I would have serious reservations about based upon what they have posted, they have had a go at me and I've had a go back.

As for your opinion not being able to be wrong, I'm afraid you're mistaken there as well. If I came on here and made a racist slur and said it can't be wrong because its my opinion you'd laugh me out of the place and rightly so. You are entitled to an opinion, you are not entitled to believe it to be correct you because you hold it and you can expect it to be challenged if it is wrong.

I think you should look again at the particulars of this case and maybe come back and post your opinion on it after you have.
YES you killed this thread, hence the lack of posts. NO AGAIN I did not excuse the behaviour of the teacher in my initial post. YES you did try to ridicule me. "They had a go at me and i had a go back" im too lazy to check but im confident that you had a go at a lot more people than people have had a go at you. An absolute dose....
tommyled1984 is offline  
05-11-2019, 07:11   #495
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyled1984 View Post
YES you killed this thread, hence the lack of posts. NO AGAIN I did not excuse the behaviour of the teacher in my initial post. YES you did try to ridicule me. "They had a go at me and i had a go back" im too lazy to check but im confident that you had a go at a lot more people than people have had a go at you. An absolute dose....
Tommy I didn't ridicule you, I didn't "kill the thread" and I think you need to re read your initial post in the thread and examine it in finer detail.
If you're too lazy to check that's on you. People have a go at each others arguments here all the time, if you don't like that, again it's too bad.

I'm an" absolute dose"? Take a look in the mirror.
nullzero is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet