Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbecue delivered a few bits missing

• 21-04-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Bought a Barbecue online Homestore and more and it arrived today with a side panel
    and cooking grills missing it looked like somebody tried to assemble it before as there was a few small dents in a few of the panels I email them there this evening to let them know my displeasure. Wondering what's the procedure now will they send on spare parts or look for it back as kids had great fun with box it came in and it's in bits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

It's a master cook pro 600 cost 625 delivered. Cant put it together with out side panel and no cooking grills with it so its sitting out the back no good to know one would be happy if they can get me the parts to Finnish it and get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Their customer service is quite good. Try phoning them. I've no doubt they'll sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I had a similar issue with a bathroom cabinet I bought from them. They sent the missing parts after about a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

popa smurf wrote: »
    It's a master cook pro 600 cost 625 delivered. Cant put it together with out side panel and no cooking grills with it so its sitting out the back no good to know one would be happy if they can get me the parts to Finnish it and get it working.

Did you really pay €625 for that?

general price is about £300-£340 in the UK.

Complete ripoff if you paid €625.

I would suspect they will deliver a replacement and take the old one away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Darc19 wrote: »
    Did you really pay €625 for that?

general price is about £300-£340 in the UK.

Complete ripoff if you paid €625.

I would suspect they will deliver a replacement and take the old one away

I think you're looking at the wrong model. The connoisseur 600 is £300ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I think you're looking at the wrong model. The connoisseur 600 is £300ish.

General UK price is just over £500
    https://www.gardenchic.co.uk/platinum-600-deluxe-gas-bbq-4-burner-with-side-and-searing-burner-p607

So homestore so called RRP of €900 is made up.

Op, you paid full price. You did not get any particularly good deal so be sure you have a 100% fully functional item.

It's ok, it just means you won't be left with a load of screws that you can't find a use for at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Darc19 wrote: »
    General UK price is just over £500
    https://www.gardenchic.co.uk/platinum-600-deluxe-gas-bbq-4-burner-with-side-and-searing-burner-p607

So homestore so called RRP of €900 is made up.

Op, you paid full price. You did not get any particularly good deal so be sure you have a 100% fully functional item.
    They were quick to get back to me in fairness and are supposed to get missing parts out to me so hopefully have it up and running for long weekend next weekend probably be pissing rain but sure what can you do. I persume that all these things have gone up with Brexit and people staying at home and spending more money on out door stuff, it looks impressive enough from a distance but the materials are light, was it worth 900, NO is it worth 600 maybe, time will tell how long it will last.

Advertisement