Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfers elbow _ medial epicondylitis

• 12-04-2021 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello. I have a really sore elbow.medial epicondylitis. It is stopping me from doing pull ups or chin ups. Has anyone fixed a bad case of it without surgery. Any advice welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

pmac180 wrote: »
    Hello. I have a really sore elbow.medial epicondylitis. It is stopping me from doing pull ups or chin ups. Has anyone fixed a bad case of it without surgery. Any advice welcome

Yes. Iv had it twice. A couple of years apart.

Ice as much as possible
    Dry needling from the physio
    And lots of rest. Even when the pain is gone give it another month before stressing it again or you risk being back to square 1

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pmac180

Thanks for the reply. Got excercises from doctor and antiinflammatories, it feels pretty sore. I'm not confident it will heal. Is yours completely healed, can you do pull ups and stuff, cheers

I had this for a year and I can tell you this much, yes it healed completely.
    do you do chins up or pull ups palms facing?
    When you do a pull up, your muscles work, when you lower yourself on the concentric movement, than involves more tendon (especially when done slowly) and curling your wrist to get that last pull up will add to it. your lower arm muscles are just tight, mobilize your wrists also.

Think of the point at which it's sore as like the root portion of a hair. If you pull it, it the hair gets tight and you feel the pain in the scalp/root or insertion point.
    What you have to do is create slack in the muscle. You can do it by stretching your forearms anyway where you have hair on the top and where you dont underneath, I'm sure the physio showed you that. the irony is, too much and you aggravate it, so go easy. anything with "ITIS" means inflammation and it means angry tissue.. tendons look like a plastic phone charger end when you see them in a cadaver, almost not organic, like plastic. I say this because they have notoriously bad blood supply. my shoulder took nearly two years just to get back to training and it was only inflammation in the tendon. Factor in age also.
    on the Anti-inflams, great for feeling good but they slow the healing process as inflammation is part of healing. Youtube will give you lots of food for thought, it;s not all kitten and make up videos you know ;)

Thanks for that, plenty to read about. Cheers

Thanks again for your help, I've read your reply about 10 times. Cheers , elbow still killing me. I've gone from 100 pull ups to not being able to do 5

• Advertisement

Hello again. Update, my elbow is so much better. I bought a massage gun. It has healed to almost perfect. Not even sore to touch. The best centre isle LIDL purchase ever. Thanks again for your help

Advertisement