Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belsimpel

• 27-02-2021 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone ordered from Belsimpel.nl? They've a good selection of items but the prices seem a bit too good to be true in some cases. Wondering if anyone can vouch for their reputability?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

magoo84 wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone ordered from Belsimpel.nl? They've a good selection of items but the prices seem a bit too good to be true in some cases. Wondering if anyone can vouch for their reputability?

Thanks

Gas.

Literally received a new One Plus Nord N10 from them today!

Completely legit and the customer service is very good.

Be warned it will be euro plugged though. I knew this, but still worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Gas.

Literally received a new One Plus Nord N10 from them today!

Completely legit and the customer service is very good.

Be warned it will be euro plugged though. I knew this, but still worth it.

Really? How long did it take to deliver?

Good choice of phone, I'd go for it except I'm not on a 5G plan.

Really? How long did it take to deliver?

Delivery in 5 days. They use UPS/DHL for non Dutch/Belgian deliveries. PostNL are unbeatable in country bug are a mare for international post.
    Good choice of phone, I'd go for it except I'm not on a 5G plan.

Neither am I. The 5G aspect of it was irrelevant. It's the only phone on the market that ticked all my other boxes. And the Price with them was unbeatable.

Belsimpel have launched a rebrand with an Irish TLD - Gomobi.ie

Belsimpel have launched a rebrand with an Irish TLD - Gomobi.ie

That link is down anyway.

• Advertisement

My bad, it's https://www.gomibo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WandaWicca

Hello again all. Regarding Belsimpel delivery from UPS.....I'll be home to take in delivery ...will they call first beforehand?? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

ordered a note 20 ultra from belsimpel, delivered less than 24 hours later

impressed

WandaWicca wrote: »
    Hello again all. Regarding Belsimpel delivery from UPS.....I'll be home to take in delivery ...will they call first beforehand?? Thanks in advance.

Depends on the local UPS guy.

UPS around my area don't tend to. But DHL and Fastway do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WandaWicca

Belsimpel placed early March 2021 (using UPS for delivery) Shoppers BEWARE!!

My order from Belsimpel has turned into utter disaster. UPS have lost the package and Belsimpel are 'investigating and are not replying to my emails. UPS have said that in all likelihood the package has been stolen. The last tracking had the phone arriving in Dublin but got no further.

Had to fill out a 'Missing Package Statement' which is basically a declaration that I didn't receive the phone and am now claiming I don't have it. All they have to do is look at UPS tracking and they'll see that it got no further than Dublin.

So had I've done this. They're lousy at answering emails and so I phoned today and my Sister speaks German (which is similar to Dutch) and got me speaking to a representative. He told me that they have to investigate with UPS and I have to wait even though they've been paid.

I'll be back with updates. Luckily I paid with Visa AIB and they have told me they can dispute the transaction and get me my refund.

Suffice to say I won't be getting a replacement I'll demand a refund as will never deal with this company again. Some b*****d helped themselves to my phone and I'm the one paying for it with all the hassle.

I would avoid Belsimpel guys. Not worth the hassle. I'll be back to post about the final outcome.

**UPDATE ON MISSING ORDER**

After many emails I finally got my refund for the phone I ordered on Belsimpel.ie which went missing.

My advice would be that Belsimpel are apparently great when everything goes right but appalling when things go wrong. To make a customer wait almost a month for a refund for something that was their fault (and Yes! I do know that it was UPS's fault that the package with the phone was stolen - but it is the responsibility of Belsimpel) is very bad customer service.

In the final analysis I wouldn't recommend Belsimpel to my worst enemy. When I was finally refunded my hard earned cash I bought the same Samsung Note for much the same money from Amazon.de......phone was sent via DHL - handed over the AnPost and I received it within 5 days. Excellent service as always from Amazon.

It is also worth mentioning that I have looked up the IMEI of the stolen phone and it is not blacklisted which means that whoever stole it - they are using it ! They are obviously after getting away with it too.

AVOID BELSIMPEL AND NOT IMPRESSED WITH UPS EITHER! Happy shopping :-)

PS AIB Visa can do a chargeback for anything purchased on their credit card, just complete a form and they do the rest so be aware of that when you buy online and are let down. There are options available. AIB did the chargeback for me but then Belsimpel copped on to themselves and got their finger out and refunded me so all's well that ends well.

But would NOT recommend Belsimpel. When they offered a replacement a month later and I asked would they use a different delivery method the dude said "oh no we only use UPS". At least with Amazon (who have delivered to me using UPS before) if the item goes missing they rectify the situation immediately.

So be aware of your rights as a consumer. Worth a phonecall to card services when something goes wrong when shopping online.

• Advertisement

Oh dear. I'm having the exact same issue https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058177082&page=2

Ordered on the 30th of March, never arrived. They've told me that they'll sort me out one way or another by the 21st at the latest.
    Their customer support is brutal - I had to call them because it takes them days to replies to emails. I've asked my bank to send me out the chargeback docs as I'm afraid they won't honour their side of the bargain.

Mod - <Snip>Read the forum charter.

Oh dear. I'm having the exact same issue https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058177082&page=2

Ordered on the 30th of March, never arrived. They've told me that they'll sort me out one way or another by the 21st at the latest.
    Their customer support is brutal - I had to call them because it takes them days to replies to emails. I've asked my bank to send me out the chargeback docs as I'm afraid they won't honour their side of the bargain.

Mod - <Snip>Read the forum charter.

Not sure why my last post was snipped.

The UPS depot has been in the news a couple of times in the last few years regarding employees stealing parcels.

See https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...tion-1.4502429

And also

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20467993.html

On a happier note, my bank issued a chargeback on the amount and I received the funds today.

I'm really shocked to hear this as I have had nothing but great things to say about my Belsimpel experience and that was with a delay in delivery from the Netherlands due to bad weather and Covid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not sure why my last post was snipped.

The UPS depot has been in the news a couple of times in the last few years regarding employees stealing parcels.

See https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...tion-1.4502429

And also

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20467993.html

On a happier note, my bank issued a chargeback on the amount and I received the funds today.

Mod - The Charter for couriers is referenced in this forum, which covers UPS. General allegations which leave Boards open to court action aren't tolerated. Admissions from the courier, or court decision reporting as you have done here are fine.

Advertisement