Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Career as a carer

Options
  • 28-01-2021 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Having been out of work for so long due to COVID, I'm looking to get into a different line of work so that I don't find myself in this position again. Also with this much time on my hands, and the possibility of no work for the summer I have the time to study.

I've often thought about being a carer, but I'm not sure if I'm really cut out for it. I'm compassionate and caring, and love helping people esp those in need.

I'm just unsure about the being 'intimate' as in cleaning up after going to the bathroom or , not trying to be funny, but dealing with snots, number 2s and spit. Would I get use to it after a while??

I'd love hands on work, wouldn't mind the long shifts.

Would like to hear from carers themselves.

Is it very tough? Do ye have good support? Is the pay worth it? Is it over demanding?

Advertisement