Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari 246 Dino

• 08-01-2021 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

The Ferrari 246 Dino is one of my all time favourites and there is a smashing one coming up soon for auction in Merlin:

https://www.merlin.ie/details?listingid=4bf9f49a-d750-eb11-89e8-f01fafd9cf1d

Converted to right hand drive and on Irish plates. These things go for mad money if they are in good nick. Just need to win the lotto between now and March.

1.jpg?width=800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ferg01

The Ferrari 246 Dino is one of my all time favourites and there is a smashing one coming up soon for auction in Merlin:

https://www.merlin.ie/details?listingid=4bf9f49a-d750-eb11-89e8-f01fafd9cf1d

Converted to right hand drive and on Irish plates. These things go for mad money if they are in good nick. Just need to win the lotto between now and March.

1.jpg?width=800

And how long have you been working for Merlin John? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

ferg01 wrote: »
    And how long have you been working for Merlin John? :)

Disappointed that you would think that. Thought people might appreciate the car is all.

If I was trying to sell this car, I wouldn't be shilling it here. If it's the real deal it's probably going to sell for close to half a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

In some circles they initially looked down on this as a Ferrari due to the V6 and Fiat had their Dino out at the same time.

But it's a pukka Ferrari nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

I came upon one about 20 years ago in a barn in rural Ireland , made an offer but didn't get it I must look it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I saw a red one with a ZM Galway reg. years ago in Naas of all places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

If it's the real deal it's probably going to sell for close to half a million.

If that was the real deal as you say it wouldn't be for sale through Merlin. Its converted so that knocks the value straight away.

If it was a good one, Macari or Tom Hartley would have it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

w124man wrote: »
    If that was the real deal as you say it wouldn't be for sale through Merlin. Its converted so that knocks the value straight away.

If it was a good one, Macari or Tom Hartley would have it

True but I still don't think there's too many frequent visitors to boards classic car form who can afford it, wrll at least without selling there house.
    I like it anyway regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

good God that is beautiful ! I thought it was a good deal for 10k in 1990, then I saw the bills for nearly 40k ! 1600 hrs spent rebuilding it !
    fantastic car though, I am glad someone spent that on it and I truly hope it stays in Ireland and we get to see it at a show sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

RobAMerc wrote: »
    good God that is beautiful ! I thought it was a good deal for 10k in 1990, then I saw the bills for nearly 40k ! 1600 hrs spent rebuilding it !
    fantastic car though, I am glad someone spent that on it and I truly hope it stays in Ireland and we get to see it at a show sometime

The full bill amount for the restoration is further down on that pic - 75k sterling. Adjusted for inflation that would be about £185k in today's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Wow what a beaut!

BTW if you read the PDF at the end of the listing it says it had a new spedo @50,000 so mileage is 75k

I've posted other videos from this guy (Iain Tyrrell) before, here's one on the Dino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Kinda sad to see it on that awful Merlin website and with a 12XXX reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Beautiful car alright, crazy how expensive they went. That one would make closer to €350,000 than €500,000. Probably less due to the steering change. Not sure who will buy that here, very small market for it, if there's one at all.

Advertisement