Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

I ordered from Amazon as a "Sold by Amazon" product but there's an issue and Amazon support are trying to get me to contact a company in the UK about the item. Am I right to think it should be amazon and not their supplier dealing with me? I'm 100% sure I didn't buy a fulfilled by Amazon item. "Sold by Amazon EU S.à r.l., Succursale Française" on the receipt.

Going to go through the UK crowd for a fix but has anyone ever had this experience before? In the past it was Amazon who dealt with the issue on Sold By Amazon items

Same situation . Bought an item , item broke , amazon replaced , broke again they won't touch it .referred to manufacturer who has there own online store

They won't do anything with it as sold and shipped by amazon . Stating warranty is with amazon .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

How long, from the time Amazon get the return, do they credit ? How long does it take from Portlaoise to Amazon UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Discodog wrote: »
    How long, from the time Amazon get the return, do they credit ? How long does it take from Portlaoise to Amazon UK ?

very quick in my experience, sometimes even before I posted the item the refund was issued. when it hasn't issued immediately, it has been about 3/4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

very quick in my experience, sometimes even before I posted the item the refund was issued. when it hasn't issued immediately, it has been about 3/4 days.

Amazon say that they will issue the refund when then receive the item.

Discodog wrote: »
    Amazon say that they will issue the refund when then receive the item.

You'll be issued it within an hour of them scanning the item at the PO.
    Back on your card in a few days then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

It's possible .

I know that large items delivery direct from the Parcel Hub have been done by An Post as late as 8pm ( though as far as I know not on a Saturday )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Edit, I see this is their new delivery service from their consolidation warehouse in rathcoole. (didn't realise it had already opened)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I got an update and my item will be delivered today (Sunday) by 9PM. You can track it too on a map. It also says it’s 6 stops away and you can also cancel the delivery if you wish or leave delivery instructions i.e. an access code or leave the item in a safe place.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Was pleasantly surprised yesterday. Got a notification along with a map for tracking the delivery. Got the delivery no problem

Item delivered just now. Great service delivering on a Sunday. Wonder if this is just temporary while it’s being launched or will be ongoing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Item delivered just now. Great service delivering on a Sunday. Wonder if this is just temporary while it’s being launched or will be ongoing?

Are you in Dublin? I'm hoping my orders will be delivered by Amazon Logistics now as An Post are always late recently.

VG31 wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? I'm hoping my orders will be delivered by Amazon Logistics now as An Post are always late recently.

Yes, I’m in Dublin.

You can track the an post parcel in real time from the text notification.

I can see exactly where the delivery van is whenever I get an post delivery. Usually it is within the same 30-45min window every day.

Darc19 wrote: »
    You can track the an post parcel in real time from the text notification.

I can see exactly where the delivery van is whenever I get an post delivery. Usually it is within the same 30-45min window every day.

Really? The link in the text is just for rearranging delivery for me. The delivery times are fairly erratic. Some of the time there's no out for delivery scan.

The only courier I've been able to do this for before was DPD and not recently.

Really? The link in the text is just for rearranging delivery for me. The delivery times are fairly erratic. Some of the time there's no out for delivery scan.

The only courier I've been able to do this for before was DPD and not recently.

My error, it's on the email notification. Click "track my parcel" after clicking on the main link and it gives you the precise location of the van

My error, it's on the email notification. Click "track my parcel" after clicking on the main link and it gives you the precise location of the van

I've never got any email from An Post, just texts.

I've never got any email from An Post, just texts.

The sender has to choose notification type. They can choose both if they want to

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Since when?

I've never seen this on any AP tracking.

ED E wrote: »
    Since when?

I've never seen this on any AP tracking.

I've heard of this a few times in the last few months .

My guess is that they are trialing it on certain packages in various offices .

Prime user, small item. Ordered Sunday night, dispatched now with AP. Will see if any of the next few go with AL.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Prime user, small item. Ordered Sunday night, dispatched now with AP. Will see if any of the next few go with AL.

My last order shipped on Sunday night with AP as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you mixing this up with DPD?

They allow to view the van and show the number of stops before getting to you. Viewable online or in the app.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Davy wrote: »

They allow to view the van and show the number of stops before getting to you. Viewable online or in the app.

No. I saw it yesterday when I went into AP tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Prime user. An item on prime is 23 sterling but only gives me 12 quid delivery? Is this new.?

Checked terms on main site and I see this. Is this new ?

Is your order being delivered outside the UK?
    The order must be £25 (including local VAT) or above to qualify for FREE Delivery to the Republic of Ireland. If your order qualifies for FREE Delivery, you'll still be charged a delivery fee for any ineligible items in the order.

listermint wrote: »
    Prime user. An item on prime is 23 sterling but only gives me 12 quid delivery? Is this new.?

Checked terms on main site and I see this. Is this new ?

Is your order being delivered outside the UK?
    The order must be £25 (including local VAT) or above to qualify for FREE Delivery to the Republic of Ireland. If your order qualifies for FREE Delivery, you'll still be charged a delivery fee for any ineligible items in the order.

Haven't been charged delivery in years. Strange.

Spotted one at Ushers Island today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Just got a call from the driver this morning. 9am on a Sunday! I had received the notifications and just thought, ah grand it's going to An Post. I was wrong and will now have to start paying more attention to Amazon orders!

Davy wrote: »

Chatted to my local postie. It's being trialed in some areas and it's connected to their handheld device.

There are some concerns about it by the usual union stalwarts, but the feedback is that people tend to stay in and wait for the parcel so less non-delivery.
    He expects it to be rolled out to all drivers soon once union is happy that the data won't be used for anything else

My third Amazon delivery in a row to be delivered by Amazon Logistics. Was due this Wednesday but is out for delivery this morning.
    One of the items was shipped from Italy too. Much quicker than AP so far.

And....delivered. Delivery chap was wearing an Amazon work shirt too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'm trying to order items on Amazon prime and I've bought stuff, and went to buy more and I get the rant of, we no longer deliver to your location...

Fishing reels I've bought for 130 euros.. Looking for another... They won't post

Coils for vape tanks, same we no longer deliver to your location.

Fishing asscessories.... We no longer ship to your location 17 available

Torches.... We no longer ship to your location...

I had my eye on a really cool looking imitation of a brass telescope as I like the nautical look around the house.... 7 available we no longer ship to your location...

I'm getting really deflated with my trust in Amazon... Location shouldn't be a problem.

I order rare comics for my son... No problem there

• Advertisement

Apparently Amazons "we missed you" notices don't have much information about where to go to collect items and people have been turning up at their local An Post office to collect items

Advertisement